Which of these routines would be best for fastest growth

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Temp account5, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Temp account5

Temp account5 Member

Sunday- chest tris
    Tuesday- legs
    Wednesday- shoulders
    Thursday or friday -back bis
    Then repeat on Sunday again

OR

Sunday- chest tris
    Monday-legs
    Tuesday-off
    Wed-shoulders
    Thursday-back bis
    Friday- off
    Saturday- chest tris
    Sunday-legs

(basically start one day earlier you get the point)

OR

Sunday-chest tris
    Monday-legs
    Tuesday-shoulders
    Wednesday-back bis
    Thursday- off
    friday-chest tris

(basically 4 on 1 off)

2. JoeBlob12

JoeBlob12 Member

Just run a program and take all the thinking out of it. Second guessing yourself and constantly worrying “if this routine is better than that” is only hurting you. Find a program you can 100% buy into and then just execute it. I like John Meadows PPL programs.

3. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

Those aren't routines, they're splits.

If you're doing two sets of pushups for "chest tris" that's technically following the split, but it's a shit program.

It depends what you're doing with the split.

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  4. This is the second time you've posted about stagnant growth.

Take a piece of advice please.
    What launched my gains YEARS ago, was meeting an ex IFBB pro in the gym and him designing s program with me.

I made more gains in the next 6 months working out with him, than I had on cycle.

Get a coach if you think it will help, just be careful who you choose, there are so many assholes that just copy and paste a program then charge you a few hundred bucks.

Good luck

putazorra and Artifex like this.
  5. Jankauskas

Jankauskas Member

Get a John Meadows, Jeff Nippard, or Renaissance Periodization program and you are set, at least if you are a beginner/intermiediate.

6. putazorra

putazorra Junior Member

That sounds awesome. Would you be willing to create a thread and share what you learned?

From what I've seen on youtube, instagram etc is a lot of these former pros do giant sets for body parts to make them grow. And they work with serious young bodybuilders and train them similarly. They are typically seen doing four to five different exercises back to back with minimal rest.

I'd love to train this way but not many gyms are designed to allow people hog several pieces of equipment at once.

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  7. Switcher

Switcher Member

When you are new to this anything works and gains come. As you get more time in, the gains come slower until, if you don't change anything, they pretty much seem to stop.

Its kind of like, when you are a real little kid, days drag on forever. When you get to your teens, days go by and a pretty quick clip. Into adulthood, they go by lightning fast.

If you want your day to go slower, do things you are not used to. Shake things up. The more you constantly shake things up, the more each day seems to last forever and the more you grow to get used to the increased variety.

Same thing with the lifting aspect of bodybuilding.

8. Nothing miraculous,
    Especially. nothing worth starting a thread over.

When your a kid new to body building and someone shows you how to PROPERLY workout and eat.
    With intensity and precision....
    You will make serious gains

I'm just saying, if you cant make gains with gear, you cant make gains.
    Usually means its Nutrition or training that is the probllem

CrispyRockClimber likes this.