Who else made out?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by luex, Dec 6, 2017.

1. luex

luex Member

I had bought bitcoins in the past to buy roids, left a few in my wallet and I guess I just got pretty lucky :eek: opened up the wallet and I got 750$ in there. Who else got lucky?

flagcia likes this.
  2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

You had a "few" bitcoins? Like $33,000?

Sk8man101 likes this.
  3. luex

luex Member

Noooo like I ended up with 750$ afterwards. I’m not sure what I had in there prior...I’m sure I could figure it out if I looked at the percentages it has raised. I wish though...if I wouldn’t have used them to buy the roids then yes I’d have right around 25,000:(

4. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Be smart, get a new credit card, but a few thousand worth of ethereum or litecoin when it drops, then sell it when it goes up! No risk of that going bad

Or you could look into cryptokitties

luex likes this.
  5. Eman

Eman Member

I made $750 too... This morning. :)

luex likes this.
  6. Eman

Eman Member

ETH and LTC have both been kind of duds, IMO. Nothing to write home about.

7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Ethereum is up 5,700% from last year and litecoin is up 2,700%. Bitcoin is only up 1,600%

Ive made the most of litecoin

MFMC likes this.
  8. Eman

Eman Member

True, I guess you got in at a good time. I've seen very little growth on ETH... The % of increase might be a little deceptive when we're comparing a $500 ETH to a $13,000BTC.

9. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Totally agree. The thing with ETH is if you got it January thru March then you made out. But once it got into the 300s it basically stabilized. I believe it was like $7.50 last year so if you bought 100 coins for $750, you'd now have like $45k

10. luex

luex Member

@Evom1 which wallet do you use? I just looked at the coinbase one and it didn’t look too bad..I’m definitely going to look into both of those cyrptocurrenies @Eman grats on the extra chunk of change ;)

11. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Coinbase to buy, then send to a different wallet like electrum or block chain

luex likes this.
  12. dicktree

dicktree Member

why do most sources seem to prefer bitcoin?

13. luex

luex Member

@Evom1 why do you suggest switching wallets with it? I invested 300$ more into it today..and how do you cash out with these currencies? I’ve never done it before.

14. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Well if you're not using it for any illegal purchases, you are OK to keep it in coinbase. But never go from coinbase to a source.

You can cash out simply by transferring to your bank account BUT you're supposed to pay taxes. Other guys on here have talked about ways to get around the system, I'm unsure how though

luex likes this.
  15. ScabbyJr

ScabbyJr Member

My few leftover $ in my coinbase account have made me a little extra.
    Free gear :)

16. Oldman.

Oldman. Member

My family got in on all three at the beginning. It was a inheritance investment by my parents for the kids. My idea and it took lots of convincing. Now a quarter million later........ We will leave it there and have drawn a half million dollar in the sand. If they hit that amount, they will withdraw it and buy real-estate.
    The money they made today was great ;)

17. ulfbehrt

ulfbehrt Member

To think a $1000 investment 9-10 years ago would be worth 67 MILLION and change as of yesterday. Canadian currency I mean. Fucking CRAZY and so kicking myself :(

Sk8man101 likes this.
  18. RobertL

RobertL Member

I had 75 bitcoins back before it was anything.. They were given as donations as appreciation for helpful comments.

Never thought anything of it. I mean, hell.. People were giving it away and never using it. So I stored them.. Reformatted my computer one day. Got a new computer.

Fast forward to today. $1,178,925.. Oh well. Can't do anything about it so I try not to think about it.

Sk8man101 and Kakarot like this.
  19. Kakarot

Kakarot Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Assuming your not married or she doesn't know. My wife keeps fucking with me about the ones I "wasted" on gear or sold too early:( wish I'd of bought all I could and maxed out every credit card and title loan I could get my hands on when it was $200-$300:oops: I'd be fuckin set right now. It'd be hard to cope knowing I'd lost a fortune:confused:

RobertL likes this.
  20. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I havd 5 cents and now I have 100 lol