Who has the best rates for small personal loans?

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by Evom1, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for where to look for a small personal loan (<$5k) at a rate under 9%.

Looking to use it to pay the negative equity in my car off quicker at a lower rate

2. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Fat Tony. You gotta go to the alley behind Mama Mia's Pizzaria and talk to Vinnie, he'll handle the rest. Just make sure you pay back on time, he'll send his "associates" to have a "conversation" with you that might not "end well" if you know what I mean"."

Rockclimber and Xlgx like this.
  3. maxmuscle01

maxmuscle01 Member

Credit Unions usually have the best loan rates

rugerjitsu and Rockclimber like this.
  4. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I used Jeanne D'arc for a small personal loan once. Not sure what the rate was but it wasn't bad, I had set up an aggressive payment schedule with them and it was a short and sweet experience.

Not sure if you have them that far up north

5. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Member

Need more information. You have negative equity in your car but so do a lot of Americans. Are you wanting to purchase a new car? A lot of new car loans or used car loans will roll the negative equity into the new loan. This will be at a substantially lower interest rate than you will get from the bank.

6. rpbb

rpbb Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yeah, use this idiot for financial advice. He's faced life without parole, and knows how to shill for free gear

7. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

When I needed $5k last year to go to CDL school I went to a local bank and got a credit card through them with a 12 month 0% interest rate. After finishing school and getting a job I was able to pay it off entirely before my 12 month period was up. Interest free loan that way. Obviously it could've ended up being subject to regular credit card interest rates and that's what they count on, but if you can do it it's a good way to go.

TideGear likes this.
  8. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

How far upside down are you? What’s your current car loan interest rate?

9. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Old thread guys. Got it all worked out and into the new vehicle

ickyrica likes this.
  10. bull48

bull48 Member

Congratulations and enjoy

11. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Lol. Gotta love it when that happens!

12. bull48

bull48 Member

maxmuscle01 and Mac11wildcat like this.
  13. Evom1

Evom1 Member

But for those interested

Penfed does 6.5% personal loans and 1.9% APR on USED cars. Their cash back credit cards are also less than half the APR of the average capital one, discover it, or chase card

Rockclimber and ickyrica like this.