Why only have morning wood after taking AI?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Stanfoo, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Stanfoo

Stanfoo Member

For example, If I take 12.5mg aromasin on Monday, the next day when I wake up I'll have morning wood, but only for that day. Come Wednesday no wood again (unless I take aromasin the day before).

One would think it's because of high e2, but are there any other possible reasons?

I don't even have any high e2 symptoms and have low bf, so I doubt I have high e2. But no wood unless take aromasin.

Random theory: Aromasin reduces shbg, thereby increasing free testosterone. Maybe the increase in free T is the cause of having morning wood?

maxmuscle01 likes this.
  2. maxmuscle01

maxmuscle01 Member

Same thing happens to me whenever I take small doses of adex!! I even get temporary increased sex drive.(I’m on TRT year round)

3. Stanfoo

Stanfoo Member

Oh ya I also get a very noticeable increased libido the day after dosing (even though baseline libido is low).

maxmuscle01 likes this.
  4. maxmuscle01

maxmuscle01 Member

I’m interested why it happens. I’m hoping someone chimes in. I’m thinking it is doing something to our bound testosterone. It is a nice effect though... rando boners! Lol

Max

5. A blood work experiment would be perfect here.

Have a test done without the AI, see what's out of whack, then test again after taking an AI and see what differences there are.

Beyond that, i really can't help. Hope someone can get you guys the information you need.

maxmuscle01 likes this.
  6. maxmuscle01

maxmuscle01 Member

I’m getting bloods done in 3 weeks. I’ve been on TRT for years and have been prescribed arimidex but, never took it until 2 weeks ago and noticed this same side effect. I’ll update when I get next bloods.

Max

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  7. It all depends on whether or not you’re on trt/roids or natty. If you’re natty AI’s can increase T levels because the hypothalamus detects the decrease in E thereby releasing gnrh to stimulate the pituitary to release gonadotropins to stimulate the gonads. That’s why they are sometimes used in fertility, they are especially effective in obese men.

If you are on trt/roids, then I’m guessing it’ll probably be a bit more free T, plus less T will be converted to E so there’s that. The natty folks will get this too. This is all a hypothesis based on reading that AI’s reduce SHGB, and logically if there’s less AE to convert T to E naturally you’ll have more T lol.

Me personally when I was on trt/roids most of the time AI’s either reduced my libido or had no effect.

Worf, T-Bagger and maxmuscle01 like this.
  8. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

Because exemestane is quite androgenic. It is structurally very similar to androstenedione, save for a few covalent bonds.

I also get a good libido boost and morning woods when taking exemestane, for two days.