Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Wickr

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by MythotiK, Jan 24, 2016.

1. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Looks nice and also think there are other secure chat programs out there as well. Maybe PI22 may chime in. Secure chat programs are useful if properly configured.

3. romaleos

romaleos Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

What kind of pokemons are you trading there? J/k!

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. Isaac

Isaac Member

although i use wikr, i'm still suspicious of it. the fact that its free and yet has millions of users just raises a red flag. whos paying the devs to write all this code?
    unless they were payed before writing it, by someone who wanted a secure chatline on their phone.
    i've seen this app in the news a few times relating to how politicians use it as well as drug dealers.
    all that attention and no ones bought a backdoor entry?

5. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Nice that Wickr also runs on Mac and Linux as I use Linux more than Windows :)

I see there's ChatSecure for iOS and Android...anyone use this? Also Cryptocat is another good one.

6. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I love wickr I have a few sources that use it. Its a great app and deletes the Convo after so many hrs and yes its all encrypted

MythotiK likes this.
  7. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

[​IMG]

8. Joeblack

Joeblack Member

FINALLY ppl are getting this. Ive been pushing wickr since like 2012 or 13.

pumpingiron22 likes this.
  9. GigaloRob

GigaloRob Member

Silent text is pretty good.

pumpingiron22 likes this.