Women's hormone panel

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Notits, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Notits

Notits Member

I understand this is the men's health forum. However i am wondering what would be the best blood panel the have performed for a woman with hormonal concerns in her mid to late 30s ?

Manny likes this.
  2. Manny

Manny Member

I told my wife to ask her Dr. She has an appt next week.

Notits likes this.
  3. Manny

Manny Member

She is on a super low dose of prop and tren a week.
    50 mills of each.
    Her libido has gone through the roof on just the prop.
    We recently added the tren and her strength has done the same.
    I know I'm going to hear a bunch of shit about this , we have done mass research and are watching very carefully for ANY adverse reactions or sides.
    The only one so far is a wett pussy and lots of sex!!!
    She is on for 2 weeks then off for 2
    On the second one now.

Notits likes this.
  4. thrombus

thrombus Member

You consider 50 mgs of prop a super low dose for a woman? Or any amount of tren?

5. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

What hormonal concerns are your referring to exactly?

I ask bc women's concerns and their causes, are generally entirely different compared to men. Here I'm referring to ailments such as endometriosis, endometritis, pelvic inflammatory disease, cystic ovarian disease, and the varied etiologies that are responsible for abnormal vaginal bleeding etc.

The point is unlike many of the ailments in males, female complaints are highly individualistic and MANDATE MUCH MORE than a few blood tests.

Consequently with rare exceptions performing cookbook blood work, in the absence of a complete history and physical, is inadequate, inappropriate and ill advised since such a practice can easily OVERLOOK significant and/or causative pathology.

If your referring to the use of AAS I believe it's even more critical a HCP provide a baseline exam, including blood work, Abdominal Ultrasound, Graded phonic recording, accurate TBF and LBM, and a thoroughly menstrual history!

If her own Dr is unwilling or is "uncomfortable" evaluating patients whom use AAS LOCATE ONE WHO IS WILLING and experienced to do so.

Understand since some adverse effects from AAS use in women can require a prolonged recovery interval, (or are permanent) any plan to use AAS in the absence of this type of an evaluation is a HUGE mistake IME!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  6. Manny

Manny Member

Yep. I've read...and read...and read up and this is the "accepted " "normal" "appropriate " dose to go up to. Yes I do. 2 weeks on 4 off is the plan as of today. Thank you for your input.

7. thrombus

thrombus Member

Fair enough, it's your wife's health at stake, not mine. It's worth noting, though, that "accepted", "normal" and "appropriate" are different from "super low".

8. Notits

Notits Member

No AAS use and no intention of AAS use.

9. fightingfires

fightingfires Member

my wife is on test E 20mg per week.....made an unbelievable difference. Like night and day kind of difference
    been on 2 yrs and ironically was diagnosed with osteoporosis before she went on Test E.
    when she went back for a 6 month re-evaluation they said they found no signs of oesteo
    Anyone have any idea if it was from the Test E...or just a coincidence?

Manny likes this.
  10. Burrr

Burrr Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

My wife recently did bloods with a hormone clinic, these are the labs requested.

7137 Fsh And Lh 20253 Cbc (Includes Differential And Platelets) With Smear Review
    367 Cortisol, Total
    402 Dhea Sulfate, Immunoassay
    4021 Estradiol
    10231 Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    34429 t3 Free (Ft3)
    5081 Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (Tpo)
    17306 Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy, Total, Immunoassay
    36170 testosterone, Free (Dialysis) And Total Lc/Ms/Ms
    17183 Progesterone, Lc/Ms/Ms

Manny, Notits and fightingfires like this.
  11. fightingfires

fightingfires Member

thats good stuff to know Burr....if its not too personal can you let us know what her levels come out at? Be great for the women to know what they should be shooting for as far as levels

Notits likes this.
  12. Burrr

Burrr Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I'll share them by PM after they come back.

Manny likes this.
  13. fightingfires

fightingfires Member

sounds good man....my gal is going in a few months so maybe we can anonymously build some sort of database out there

Manny and Notits like this.
  14. Notits

Notits Member

Thank you @Burrr my wife is concerned about a bumpy ride through menopause and is also generally curious about her hormone levels. Sounds like a hormone clinic may be the route to take.

Manny likes this.
  15. Notits

Notits Member

We will participate as well.

16. fightingfires

fightingfires Member

Mine went through menopause at 38 Notits...like us guys I guess every woman has varying rates of hormonal diminishing

Notits likes this.
  17. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

What's up then, feel free to PM me if desired!
    :)

Notits likes this.
  18. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

What hormonal concerns are you referring to Notis? I ask bc while a certain degree of variation exists between females the "hormonal pattern" is one where a progressive decline in E-2 is expected.

However in some the decline can be so severe that complications such as osteoporosis can arise.

It's important to understand unlike males, females have OTHER anatomical structures (ovaries and uterus) that can develop pathological conditions, (cysts, endometriosis, fibroids, infections, HTPA de-regulation, etc) that MAY be responsible for changes in estrogen!

So in females one size (or lab test) DOES NOT FIT ALL COMERS mate.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Notits likes this.
  19. Notits

Notits Member

Just about to call it a night Dr. I will address in the morning.

ZzzzZzzzZzzz

:)

20. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Hey no problem whatsoever and at your leisure if so desired fella :)