Worried- blood pressure

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by dyna5, Dec 23, 2013.

1. dyna5

dyna5 Member

I am doing 100 mgs of test and my blood pressure is high-
    136 over 85 .
    I had it done a week apart on 2 different days for accuracy.
    I am normally 122 over 77 or 118 over 72.
    My dht levels skyrocketed to 131, could that cause it. I am in good shape, dont drink or smoke; i lift weghts and do cardio. Im nervous about this and am also concerned about my dht being high.
    Any reasons for this ?
    I did
    Put on 12 pounds but i atteibute that to more muscle

2. calvare2

calvare2 Member

How is your sodium intake? Cut down on sodium and drink a lot of water and see if that helps.

fit2beking likes this.
  3. fit2beking

fit2beking Member

Hey PM member LW64 he has some great insight on how to combat this. He just gave me a protocol that I just started today. And like Calvare2 said watch the sodium intake and drink lots of water. Definitely touch bases with LW64.

4. toolman

toolman Member

How long have you been on? Same thing happened to me in the beginning but then it came right back down. Keep up with the cardio and watch the weight gain. Muscle is better than fat but too much of it still has negative effects on your health. Keep your diet clean.

fit2beking likes this.
  5. dyna5

dyna5 Member

I have been on 6 months.

6. EZ_E

EZ_E Member

6 months?

100 mg's how frequently?

7. BIGMESC

BIGMESC Member

What are your stats
    age, weight, BF ect

8. dyna5

dyna5 Member

I am 46. 100 mgs per week. Bf is 12% if i had to guess. I am 5 ft 8 and 182. I put on about 12 pounds in 6 months due to T which some may be water obviously.

9. fit2beking

fit2beking Member

Do you know what your E2 values are? High estrogen can raise BP as well.

10. dyna5

dyna5 Member

Estradiol is fine...its 25

11. toolman

toolman Member

Your numbers are still in the pre hypertension range. Just keep an eye on them and see if you can drop a few lbs. What was your latest blood test hematocrit reading? I am convinced that is what bumped my BP up. I give blood every 4 months and it stays lower.

12. EZ_E

EZ_E Member

You're on TRT?

13. sebas1231

sebas1231 Member

You could always try niacin flushing works wonder for lowering bp

14. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

136/85? No cause for alarm yet, relax. Clean up the diet and hit the cardio and you'll be fine