WOW how am i not dead? neurotransmitter test results

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by ironaddict69, Apr 19, 2007.

ironaddict69

ironaddict69 Junior Member

i basically bave no sex drive, no ambition for life and uh, could care less if i died.
    tests done by SANESCO.net
    they want me to take prolent, lentra, somniTR, and contegra. however none of those cover dopamine, norepinephrine, or epinephrine. only gaba and serotonin...i care more about dopamine.

ill post them as follows:

serotonin: 59.2 (150-300 mcg/g Cr)

GABA: 379.1 )550-750)

DOPAMINE: 55.5 (150-300)

NOR-EPINEPHRINE: 20.4 (20-45)

EPINEPHRINE: 1.8 (3-20)

GLUTAMATE: 11.8 (15-35)

DHEA-S 2.8 (2-10)

HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

these are either blood or urine values. Neither are directly measuring neurotransmitters in the brain. If these are urin values, they are measuring the levels released by the kidneys.

jaydee

jaydee Junior Member

How would you directly measure neurotransmitters in the brain?

HeadDoc

relative to a specific clinical syndrome for serotonin or dopamine, etc. there are a number of issues. How much in the brain at large and how much in specific sites? Technology is just not there. The brain scans tell us how active different sites are. EEG give us measures of speed and gross relationship to outer sites. Other than that, scientists will create behavioral measures indicative of clinical syndromes, treat some mice and then examine their brains directly. Humans aren't volunteering for this.:)

Naturdoc

Naturdoc Junior Member

Right. Brain levels can't be measured yet but urine values have been shown to correlate fairly well with symptoms. The products they recommend are I assume their own line and we don't know what is in them. It is generally recommended to calm the system for a couple of weeks with serotonin precursors before beginning dopamine precursors. I am not familiar with that company but have found Neuroscience to be reliable and helpful.

zkt

zkt Member

Are you saying then that these values are meaningless ? Surely not. They must have statistical relevance to the test population and therefor diagnostic significance. No ?

ironaddict69

i agree, but i wanna start the dopamine precursers at the same time, because im fatigued not excited. do u by any chance know the dopamine precursers? i know there using L-phenylalanine as one of them. its all on www.sanesco.net and the 1 for dopamine and epinephrine is called PROCITE. its under theyre nutritional therapy button.

ironaddict69

heres another question WHY ARE MY LEVELS SO FVCKED UP!?

HeadDoc

here's a company with protocols for balancing the neurotransmitters. They use urine sampling to assess problems with the balance.

http://www.neuroassist.com/

ironaddict69

no dude im doing it THROUGH my dr he uses sanesco.net, they have all those products but more and more ingredients. patients cant order them. and it was urinal testing.

Naturdoc

Naturdoc Junior Member

Neuroassist.com is the website for Neuroscience which is the one I use. If your doc uses Sanesco it looks like you are stuck with that.
    It is still important to address serotonin precursors if you are low because it helps to balance out the system and raise the dopamine pathways. The Protegra you were prescribed is for the dopamine pathways because it contains Ginseng and tyrosine. Personally I would like to see MAcuna, lysine and cysteine or NAC along with the tyrosine. Phenylalanine is ok but one more step removed from dopamine. Theoretically it could raise PEA levels but in reality that raise would be miniscule
    It is a bit conflict of interest for the same company to do the testing and sell the supplements but they all seem to do it and perhaps they are all good quality.
    Treatment can be simplified with OTC supplemnts but you end up taking many different capsules.
    If you can afford it, I would comply with the plan and see what happens. My bet is that you see positive results within a month. Did their treatment plan have changes after weeks or months?

ironaddict69

thanks Naturdoc. and yeah theres 3 phases. inital, restoration, and maintenance. which OTC supplements would u recommend for all the low ones i listed? should i take Macuna, lysine, and cysteine with it? i used tongkat ali once ad i heard that raises dopamine. it made me pretty horny.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
    HeadDoc

Have you attended Dr. Marty Hinz' training. I completed the course in San Fran. a few months ago. I'm currently in phase three and not experiencing what I expected. So I'll do a urine assay next week.

chip douglas

chip douglas Junior Member

yep, no doubt it's best to build up a good *braking system* before increasing excitatory neurotransmitters.

chip douglas

chip douglas Junior Member

I guess serotonin can increase DA through lowering NE, thus slowing down the conversion of DA to NE so there's more DA left, is that what you meant ?

ironaddict69

2 bad my NE is low as heck too.

ironaddict69

PROLENT
    Anchor formula
    Contains: L-serine,
    L-threonine, 5-HTP, Suntheanine, Vitamin B6 NSB.
    PROCITE
    Anchor formula
    Contains:
    L-phenylalanine, L-tyrosine, L-cysteine, SAMe, Selenium, Vitamin B6, NSB.
    CONTEGRA
    Systemic Formula
    Contains: Ginseng, Suntheanine, L-tyrosine, Folic Acid, SAMe, Vitamin B5, B6, B12, Iodine, NSB.
    SOMNI-TR
    Systemic Formula
    Contains: Melatonin, Suntheanine, NSB.
    LENTRA
    Ancillary Formula
    Contains: Suntheanine, L-taurine, Lactium
    SOLETRA
    Ancillary Formula
    Contains: Suntheanine, SAMe, L-tyrosine, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, B12.

those ar all the oens they use, i listed the ones they want me using in my first post. so ur saying i should add in Macuna for the dopamine?

Naturdoc

Naturdoc Junior Member

I went to Marty Hinz's seminar about five years ago. He was one of the first to work with amino acids to replenish neurotransmitters. He tests only dopamine, serotonin, EPI & NE. He focuses mainly on weight loss using tyrosine with B6, , b12, folate, sometimes MAcuna and 5htp. There was a little credibility gap because both he and his wife are overweight. He goes very high in the doses and I know of some cases where it did work only at level 4 or 5.
    I have also been to the Neuroscience seminar and I find them to be more professional and test for many of the neurotransmitters that Hinz refers to as secondary. Both companies agree that neurotransmitters should be addressed before prescribing any hormones such as testosterone, estrogen, thyroid, cortisol etc.
    I would repeat that it is important to calm the system for several weeks before working on the dopamine. I haven't heard the biochemical reasoning other than to reduce the stress that is burning up the EPI/NE.
    Ironaddict, the cheap way to go is to supplement 5HTP with all its co-factors like Mg, B6, folate , B12 etc.. I also tend to use tryptophan instead if there is any concern with sleep issues. Then add in phenylalanine or preferably tyrosine. Repletion can take up to a month before changes may be seen but I feel it is much more effective and safer than hormones.
    There is little danger of taking too much amino acid. Balance is the key and all the other neurotransmitters like glutamate/glutamine, Gaba, glycine, histamine and PEA can come into play. ie GABA can be raised wuth serotonin, taurine, theanine (which also lowers histamine), and phenibut. There are also items like Vitamine D raising dopamine and clearing histamine, interference from mercury toxicity, dysbiosis, and using liposomal 5htp when there is too rapid gut conversion. The idiosyncrises are too numerous to go into here other than to say it can get very confusing.
    It can get very complex and I find Neuroscience tech support to be helpful.

HeadDoc

Hinz has lost the weight.

ironaddict69

so i know 5-htp will raise serotonin, its a precurser. isnt tongkat a dopamine precurser?
    tyrosine it sounds like is a dopamine precurser along with cystene, and phenylalanine, or however u spell it? what dosages would i need to take with these?

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.