Wrist supports?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Johndoe, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Johndoe

Johndoe Member

I'm starting to see people wear them constantly especially pros etc like jay but I have always been told they make your wrists weak.
    So does any one use them pros and cons etc?

2. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

@RodgerThat might be able to give you the low down, he's somewhat of a gear whore lol

3. jessmac

jessmac Member

Does anyone wrap their wrist like boxers do before they lift lol. I saw that at the gym the other day.

4. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I got some wrist wraps and they do help if properly used. As I broke my left wrist years ago as a kid, it is rather unstable when benching heavy so wrist wraps do help provide the support.

5. jessmac

jessmac Member

I must admit I would like to try it even though I don't lift heavy weights

6. Savagesteve

Savagesteve Member

I had a hairline fracture in my left wrist when I was a teen and I use the cheap wrist wraps from Walmart and they've helped a lot when benching and curling.

MindlessWork likes this.
  7. Bodmod666

Bodmod666 Member

I usually use wrist wraps on heavy days and thats only if my wrists arent handling the weight too well. Sometimes i feel i need them sometime i dont. I wouldnt use to them to simply use them tho. Gonna get me some gangsta wraps soon.

MindlessWork likes this.
  8. MindlessWork

I know what you mean and I have those Walmart wrist sleeves that cost just 88 cents (still have them) and they did the job for me too. Now I use those velcro adjustable sleeves to provide the support when I need it.

Savagesteve likes this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I have a pair of Titan Max RPM wrist wraps I use at meets and when going mid 300's or above on bench.

MindlessWork likes this.
  10. MindlessWork

Absolutely! Just like with belts I use wrist or knee sleeves when needed for support when going heavy.

Bodmod666 likes this.