WTF coin base closed my accout

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by RAre, Mar 8, 2017.

1. RAre

RAre Member

So I just received email saying my account been closed and when I try logging in on my phone it says this user API been disabled for this user. I want my 10 dollars I still had lol,I'm copy and paste email below. I gotta look for other options now.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Coinbase. Our primary goal is to make digital currency safe and secure for our customers. Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov), and as part of achieving this goal, we are legally obligated to implement regulatory compliance mechanisms.

Upon careful review, we believe your account has engaged in prohibited use in violation of our Terms of Service and we regret to inform you that we can no longer provide you with access to our service. We respectfully request that you follow the on-screen instructions presented when you log into your Coinbase account to send any remaining balance offsite to an external address.

Should you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Respectfully,

Coinbase Customer Support

2. PuddlePiratePunk

PuddlePiratePunk Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I had literally just downloaded and was lurking through to see how this works aswell. I searched and found this app monitors your shit instead of the government so now we need to find a dark wallet?

3. Just Fish

Just Fish Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You should never pay directly from the app you by Bitcoin with. Read the Bitcoin and security section of meso.

4. RAre

RAre Member

Coins was a pain to setup, and I only used it twice for small orders. I guess I'll try WU unless I find something better.

PuddlePiratePunk likes this.
  5. PuddlePiratePunk

Seems like WU and MG are the only ways to go for our side of the transactions

6. PuddlePiratePunk

Thanks for watching out fish

MindlessWork and Just Fish like this.
  7. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Only if the receiver isn't flagged.

PuddlePiratePunk likes this.
  8. RAre

RAre Member

For the record I did pay both orders by BTC using the app.

9. MindlessWork

Bitcoin is coming under heavier scrutiny these days.

10. PuddlePiratePunk

Why do things have to be so hard

MindlessWork likes this.
  11. MindlessWork

Thank Uncle Sam for that ;)

fldoms980 and PuddlePiratePunk like this.
  12. Eman

Eman Member

It's really not hard... You can do everything from a few clicks of your mouse while sitting in your sweatpants

It's best to forward coin to the next wallet though, not good to only be using one wallet for everything.

ScabbyJr, puckhog, Just Fish and 2 others like this.
  13. PuddlePiratePunk

Aren't all wallets watched though?

14. System7

System7 Member

Absolutely. Coinbase in particular monitors and flags purchases deemed questionable. You need a "purchasing" wallet tied to anon email address.

MindlessWork likes this.
  15. PuddlePiratePunk

So I would delete the coin base all together then use.. breadwallet, then just buy bitcoins from private sellers?

16. RAre

RAre Member

What wallets are people using?

17. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Blockchain

RAre likes this.
  18. Eman

Eman Member

I use coinbase.. but I forward to two other wallets before I send to it's final destination. The process takes 5 minutes and coinbase is never sending to a questionable address.

Just Fish likes this.
  19. System7

System7 Member

Private sellers to anon wallet

20. Eman

Eman Member

Even if I did send from a wallet that was being watched, it will have no money in it when it's shut down because it's only purpose is to forward funds, not hold them.