Yawning while lifting

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by TheDozer, Mar 8, 2016.

1. TheDozer

TheDozer Member

I normally hit the gym right after work 5:00pm-ish and work out till 7:30-8:00ish.

During the day I hardly ever yawn, something about the gym makes me yawn like crazy. I'm yawning non-Stop (a few times every half hour). I don't feel tired and I'm working hard but I still yawn.

Anyone else have this issue? Could it be from pre workouts? Boredom? It's just weird, been happening for a few years.

2. Spooby

Spooby Member

I can't remember where, but I read that it's your body's response to lack of oxygen. Olympic runners yawn a lot before a race, I don't exactly understand why we do this though, I yawn in the gym too some days, it's usually when I'm drained though.

MindlessWork and Whoremoans like this.
  3. TheDozer

TheDozer Member

Interesting, I used to be a conditioned athlete. I don't really recall yawning, but then again I was five years younger and not working 9 hour days

Spooby likes this.
  4. Spooby

Spooby Member

I work a lot and I go to the gym around 8pm on average. When I go that late I yawn A LOT inbetween sets

MindlessWork likes this.
  5. Devika

Devika Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

This happens to me a lot especially when I lift really heavy doing legs.
    I'm at the gym at around 1PM and sleep 8+ hrs.
    Good to know I'm not the only one yawning lol

6. Sorry bro's.. if you're yawning--you're not pushing enough weights! Doing them 50lb dumbbell for PR and yelling "Light weight" doesn't cut it! :)

insaiyan93 likes this.
  7. TheDozer

TheDozer Member

I prefer to just stick to the smith machine for exercises.

Dumbbells = Calluses

8. DonQKong

DonQKong Member

I get that a lot in my line of business. People being stressed out of their mind and yawning. I am working with a junior and she yawns her face off every time her and I talk together. Not because we have so boring discussions, but she knows she need to up her game, step out of her comfort zone and get into character. The body reacts by yawning: an involuntary reaction to the body believing that it need to have more oxygen. Same thing in the gym: you are yawning because your body translates your efforts in the gym to wanting/needing more oxygen to pick up heavy stuff.

Don the Shrink

9. Whoremoans

Whoremoans Member

Yeah like these guys said. Your body thinks in needs more oxygen. I always end up yawning at the gym. Sort of annoying really.

MindlessWork likes this.
  10. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Well golly! Sure wouldnt want to get any calluses!

11. Whoremoans

Whoremoans Member

Men have calloused hands. Just part of being a man.

12. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Thats what im saying. Maybe im just a dumb meathead but im proud of my calluses hahaha. Plus my lady digs my rough hands, so thats another plus.

13. trying to get big

trying to get big Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I only hate my calluses when my wife dont wanna there's only so much jergans can do....

MindlessWork and insaiyan93 like this.
  14. Spooby

Spooby Member

If you don't have calluses, you're not doing enough deadlifts ;) rub some chalk on it and keep pulling damnit!!!

MindlessWork and insaiyan93 like this.
  15. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Yup, shit even if your skin rips open chalk is exceptionallly good at clogging that shit up lol

MindlessWork likes this.
  16. TheDozer

TheDozer Member

I'm joking guys. Google "Rowing Hands"

That shit was my life for 8 years

17. DonQKong

DonQKong Member

I like eating them. Looks like you're sort of trying to cram a flat hand into your mouth. I have a lot of fun with that. No, I don't have a life. D

18. Andyboro

Andyboro Member

Yeah, snip a bit first so that you get get a hold then gnaw on the palm of your hand like some sort of starving, deranged person.. its the only way!

DonQKong likes this.
  19. TheDozer

TheDozer Member

Snacks for those long road trips

20. Easyroller

Easyroller Member