Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Your board name and security.

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by GigaloRob, Nov 25, 2015.

1. GigaloRob

GigaloRob Member

When creating a board name do not use the same username across all of your online activities. For example your meso board name should not be the same as your facebook,instagram,any online dating sites, ect ect. Doing this makes it very easy for anyone to know most of your personal information in a matter of seconds with a simple Google search.
    The reason I am posting this is because I normally inform people of this via private message but with so many new members doing this on a daily basis I can't keep up. It's a simple thing to remember to protect yourself on a real basic level.

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Well said. I never use my FB or Twitter accounts with same nicks nor do I ever link them or even link to this forum when posting on FB or tweeting. I never use my name as part of any username either.

People who do that put themselves at great risk of getting personal info exposed.

3. achilles87

achilles87 Member

What in the heck is Facebook and Twitter?!? Lol just playing, I have never done the social media thing just been on forums.

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. MindlessWork

I use FB and Twatter but only family and friends I have, so it's much better that way.

5. achilles87

achilles87 Member

Everyone tells me I need one, I just have never liked it. I talk to you guys more than I do my family and friends hahaha.

MindlessWork likes this.
  6. MindlessWork

On FB I found some long-lost friends on so that was great in a way

7. achilles87

achilles87 Member

Hahaha I've worked on the road for about 10 years, I would probably have a few randoms looking me up... No thanks!

MindlessWork likes this.
  8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Member

I think it's just part of the now now now!/wal-mart/Internet generation. Kids come on here expecting to be told the tren is on aisle 8 next to the cell-tech:rolleyes:

MindlessWork likes this.
  9. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

MindlessWork likes this.