0.22um Filters for Peristaltic Pump

Oly

I think I'm overthinking the compatible filters for my setup. I'm switching from disposable vacuum filters to a peristaltic pump setup. My goal is to filter directly into my separating funnel, and save a step in my process.

As far as I can tell, I can use disk filters or capsule filters, as long as they're 0.22um or less. I'm going to stick with PTFE filter media. Is one style of filters preferred over the other?

Have you had a better experience with one over the other?

Are disk or capsule filters as effective as vacuum filters?

Have any of you tried filtering through a 0.1um filter after filtering through 0.22um? Would doing this be a waste of time?

I think I'm overthinking the compatible filters for my setup. I'm switching from disposable vacuum filters to a peristaltic pump setup. My goal is to filter directly into my separating funnel, and save a step in my process.

As far as I can tell, I can use disk filters or capsule filters, as long as they're 0.22um or less. I'm going to stick with PTFE filter media. Is one style of filters preferred over the other?

Have you had a better experience with one over the other?

Are disk or capsule filters as effective as vacuum filters?

Have any of you tried filtering through a 0.1um filter after filtering through 0.22um? Would doing this be a waste of time?
I’m trying to figure out the same thing. From what I have been able to gather, it needs to be a high pressure pump which gets very expensive. Like this one: HP Pump

I think im giving up on the idea. I also explored using a pump to fill vials but there is risk of it bursting from pressure and again, they are very expensive for one that can handle viscous oil with decent accuracy.

I’m trying to figure out the same thing. From what I have been able to gather, it needs to be a high pressure pump which gets very expensive. Like this one: HP Pump

I think im giving up on the idea. I also explored using a pump to fill vials but there is risk of it bursting from pressure and again, they are very expensive for one that can handle viscous oil with decent accuracy.
Damn, 90 mls/ min flow rate! Holy shit!

If you haven't figured it out yet PM me.

Sponsors