47 yr old female

stellar_reller

A little introduction. Well, one day I woke up looked in the mirror and wondered who was looking back. For most of my relationship and marriage (28yrs) My husband and I have been reasonably active and aware of our nutrition. I've never been a "thin person" but I've always stayed relatively healthy. Work out 5 days a week. Ate the things I was supposed to. Then 4 years ago I turned 43 and everything slowed down at a rapid rate. I could not work out as much as I did before. I was tired, moody, and achy. Saw my doctor. Had some blood work done, and of course I am perimenopausal. She referred me to a nutritionist and in the meantime put me on birth control. Met up with the nutritionist, and she said that I needed to restrict my calories to 1500 and incorporate more cardio. This did not gel well with me. For the last 10 years I've been doing strength training, mobility training, walking two to three miles a day, and once or twice a week hit the rower. In a day I usually eat about 2,400 calories. This would have me lose weight but it would not sustain me for long. That's when I started looking elsewhere. My husband asked me if I had thought about peptide therapy. I hadn't heard of it. The only peptides that I knew of were in skin care products. Now that I've been looking into peptides, I don't even know where to begin. I have an idea. I know the names of them and what they do. But I don't know how to take them what works with what. And What doesn't. My objective in joining this forum is to further my education. These are things that I'm going to be putting into my body. Most of them injected. So I want to make sure that I am extremely careful. Menopause is crazy. It does awful things to the body. My want, is to have more energy, clear this brain fog, and sustain my weight. My mother died of cancer when I was 20 years old My father just died last year of complications of diabetes. They have been my canary in a coal mine for a very long time. I'm very aware and I don't want to go down that road. So that's basically it guys. That's why I'm here.

Welcome. Paragraph breaks are everyone's friend. They are patient and kind and are there for you and me 24/7.

Post up your blood work.

TT/FT by LCMS+ED
E2
Progesterone
DHEA
Rest of the players....CMP, CBC, lipids, iron, etc.

Homework is to learn about these assays and what they tell you.

Denote what point in your cycle they were taken.

Find a good Doc (you will probably have to go cash pay) who understands HRT. If you are deficient in T (perimen) then Test in Versabase applied once to three times daily (vulva or anal application) can be life changing in some persons. I would start there instead of the peptide rabbit hole.

What birth control were you put on and why? Sadly this is standard of care in network.

I am sorry you had some bad experiences.

My 0.005 cents

Last edited:
Welcome to the board. Thank you for sharing and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Edit: had to post again since I got timed out on above. Did I mention I love the 30 min edit time limit on this forum haha

Welcome. Paragraph breaks are everyone's friend. They are patient and kind and are there for you and me 24/7.

Post up your blood work.

TT/FT by LCMS+ED

E2

Progesterone

DHEA-s

LH

FSH

Find a good Doc (you will probably have to go cash pay) who understands HRT. If you are deficient in T (perimen) then Test in Versabase applied once to three times daily (vulva or anal application) can be life changing in some persons. I would start there instead of the peptide rabbit hole.

What birth control were you put on and why? Sadly this is standard of care in network.

My 0.005 cents

A little introduction. Well, one day I woke up looked in the mirror and wondered who was looking back. For most of my relationship and marriage (28yrs) My husband and I have been reasonably active and aware of our nutrition. I've never been a "thin person" but I've always stayed relatively healthy. Work out 5 days a week. Ate the things I was supposed to. Then 4 years ago I turned 43 and everything slowed down at a rapid rate. I could not work out as much as I did before. I was tired, moody, and achy. Saw my doctor. Had some blood work done, and of course I am perimenopausal. She referred me to a nutritionist and in the meantime put me on birth control. Met up with the nutritionist, and she said that I needed to restrict my calories to 1500 and incorporate more cardio. This did not gel well with me. For the last 10 years I've been doing strength training, mobility training, walking two to three miles a day, and once or twice a week hit the rower. In a day I usually eat about 2,400 calories. This would have me lose weight but it would not sustain me for long. That's when I started looking elsewhere. My husband asked me if I had thought about peptide therapy. I hadn't heard of it. The only peptides that I knew of were in skin care products. Now that I've been looking into peptides, I don't even know where to begin. I have an idea. I know the names of them and what they do. But I don't know how to take them what works with what. And What doesn't. My objective in joining this forum is to further my education. These are things that I'm going to be putting into my body. Most of them injected. So I want to make sure that I am extremely careful. Menopause is crazy. It does awful things to the body. My want, is to have more energy, clear this brain fog, and sustain my weight. My mother died of cancer when I was 20 years old My father just died last year of complications of diabetes. They have been my canary in a coal mine for a very long time. I'm very aware and I don't want to go down that road. So that's basically it guys. That's why I'm here.
Welcome!!

I would suggest finding an HRT clinic that works with a compounding pharmacy or something along those lines. Test, progesterone, and estrogen are crucial for helping us females feel good, and look good, all while keeping a healthy metabolism/composition. I would prefer looking into that before peptides. (I'm not sure what type of peptides you're eluding to either).

It becomes an issue of is the peptide really what I think it is? Is it properly dosed? This is really a problem for all nonprescribed compounds. It's also important to have someone monitoring your bloodwork if you are to start taking topical or injectable testosterone or other replacement hormones; thus, I highly suggest working one-on-one with an HRT clinic.

I definitely wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of dropping down to 1500kcal. That seems very drastic without trying to figure out the problem at hand. You might strike luck with a good bodybuilding coach that takes on lifestyle clients. I think you could learn a ton about nutrition there and even advance training in the gym.

Just some thoughts :)

Looking forward to more posts you might share!

Last edited:
Edit: had to post again since I got timed out on above. Did I mention I love the 30 min edit time limit on this forum haha

Post up your blood work.

TT/FT by LCMS+ED

E2

Progesterone

DHEA-s

LH

FSH

My 0.005 cents
really good feedback here for you @stellar_reller

I'm also not convinced birth control is the answer. Maybe there are other underlying factors not shared.