Aight ya'll

whatever.

Posted this on another board... Curious as to what ya'll might think as well.

Bill, if you read this I promise to never accuse you of having big ankles again! Not sure if you remember that... It's been many moons.

Hey all,

Been lurking for a bit, PM'd a little... Guess I should say 'ello.

Currently planning my 1st cycle in about 6 years. Last one was low dose and short lived... I grew up on IP gear at the beginning of the last decade.

Customs makes me nervous (I know I'm a pussy), and everybody is so tight lipped these days that I'll be converting for my gear. I've done the old school kits a few times back in the day. However, I've never done syno before and I already fucked it up once and had to reorder.

I spent a lot a of time on misc.fitness.weights (what's a newsgroup daddy?) and the old ug board.

I am currently 35, 5' 9", 180 lbs, ~18 - 20% (I know I got fat!).

My all time best was 217 lbs ~10 - 12% at the end of my last serious cycle about 7 - 8 years ago. I ran 12 weeks of my home brew with IP Sust and dbol and winny to finish (how I loved those 50 mg tabs). I put on about 45 lbs. It was awesome, and obvious as hell.

This will be my 5th cycle. My goals are a little different these days. I just started working out again and I'm just looking for a little jump start. I know I could make great gains at first all natural, blah, blah, blah. I don't want to be so obvious, I want to lose about 10 lbs of fat, and put on about 15 - 20 of lean mass. I know you can't cut and bulk at the same time, but I figure at my age the exogenous hormone will lean me out and I plan to eat clean and keep calories around 20 x lean mass. Being a beginner (again) it should be doable. Thoughts? Planning to run 6 - 7 wks 1ml 75mg pro brew ed. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, to make it even more interesting I'm also lacto-ovo veg. So diet is a bit different to manage but not too bad.

Also, I'm working on finishing my degree, working 12 hr shift work, and the gym is a 30 minute drive each way. Nice huh?

So, my time is at a premium. What do you guys suggest for min time in the gym with max results? This is the split I'm working with so far. The days of the week won't be consistent and it may be 3 days in a row and 4 - 5 off or anywhere in between. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Chest / Back / Shoulders
DB Bench
Pull Downs
DB Shoulder Press
DB Flies
OA Rows
Shrugs

Legs /Abs
Squats
SLDL
Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises
Incline Crunches

Arms
BB Curls
DB Concentration Curls
Skull Crushers
Push Downs
Reverse Curls

Anyway, nice to be here and feel free to add constructive feedback.

-What

Anyway, nice to be here and feel free to add constructive feedback.

-What

Welcome :) .. yes .. we always do feel free when someone makes a public post .

Good luck with your rekindled bodybuilding lifestyle .. I hope you can stick to it this time.Its a life time thing .

Im not to keen on your squats only legs workouts at all.With that line of thought you might as well follow it through on your back and chest days as well and just do dead lifts and bench presses only...

I know what its like doing 12hr shifts.Last week I completed a run of 25 x 12 hr shifts in a row with no days off.This week I will do 7 straight.
I just train eod.

Id like to know what your "Pro Brew " is ?

I've seen in called pro fina, but it is basically 75mg prop + 75 mg tren per ml.

I feel ya on the legs. However, the only things I would add would be lunges or leg press. My legs really aren't a priority. I figure 4 heavy sets of squats hit them better anyway. My legs have always blown up. I haven't lifted in going on 6 years and my quads are still 23" with a visible teardrop. I may add the leg press in to really burn them out after squats. However, after my "just squats" routine this week I was pale and wanted to puke. Not to mention having a hell of a time driving my manual trans car home from the gym... :)

Thanks for the reply.

Welcome :) .
Im not to keen on your squats only legs workouts at all.With that line of thought you might as well follow it through on your back and chest days as well and just do dead lifts and bench presses only...

Now THAT'S a good idea. squat, bench, pull.... then barbell rows, close grip bench, pull from blocks ( stand on blocks) then pull off of blocks ( the weight on blocks)..... then some overhead press and call it a day.

If it's hard to get to the gym get more bang for your buck with heavy compound work..... fuck lunges.

But you need to do more than 4 sets LOL..... granted, I compete in powerlifting so this is really how we train, but I'd be willing to bet that most gym rats would give their left nut to look like a top level 220 or 242 class powerlifter..... who only trains 3 days a week focussing on lifting a lot of weight in the squat bench and deadlift.

not saying that you should get in to powerlifting, just saying that you CAN build a hell of a physique only doing heavy compound movements if you do them enough.

Dude....you need much more for your legs. I'm no monster by comparison to some of these guys but at 200 lbs, my quads are at 28". Not trying to start a pissing match but you do need more than a few sets of squats and lunges.

OK,

For starters I will probably add some leg press. However, I don't want my legs to rub when I walk and to have to buy pants that don't fit my waist to fit my legs. Been there done that, not interested in going back. Looking more for the lean beach type build. 190 - 195 at my height is plenty. Less if I'm lean.

At the end of my last cycle my quads were 27" and all I did was squat, leg press, sldl, and calf raises. My legs respond well without a shitload of volume, and I would be happy with 25" and just a little leaner.

My chest on the other hand, now that's my weak point...

I try to build around squat, bench, and pull ups/downs. I like to add 1 additional exercise per muscle and call it good. I work my arms the way I do because it works for me. Working back/bis or chest/tris I never made good progress. I always started with the big compound movement and then was didn't have anything left to hit the arms hard enough to stimulate growth. Could just all be in my head, but it works for me.

Thanks for the replies.

-what

PS: I dig the power lifting style routine, I just never felt like I could do squats and deads in the same week and recover. I cut out the deads after my first cycle years ago. That, and I hate bloody shins.

I'm in the same boat with a small (by comparison) chest to my shoulders and arms. I'm cutting right now but when I start my bulk that will definitely be my focus.

Yeah, I'm feel'n ya... However at least with my chest I have a good excuse. I suffered some pretty severe trauma and I have a lot of scar tissue. Think Freddy Krueger...

Well, the sporty coup with a 5 speed can be fun to drive. However, not on leg day... or for the next 2 days for that matter.

They say its much cheapter to fix the transmission on a manual than an automatic

Yes it is, but unless you abuse an automatic these days they outlast most everything else in the car. The clutch and pressure plate in a standard have a much shorter lifespan.

Whatever, I have to admit, I don't remember the big ankle charge anymore! :)

On getting the most results for the time spent in the gym, rest periods really are a key thing. If holding the total time in the gym to a shorter value, then for the most results there can't a great deal of rest.

Ordinarily I'm not a big fan of supersetting things but where time is at a premium, there's a lot to be said for, for example, bench press / DB curl / standing calf raise as a triset with say 30-45 seconds rest inbetween, vs still doing each of these exercises that workout as straight sets but with 2 minutes between.

Because a huge amount of time is saved due to the shorter rest periods, thus allowing more exercises to be done that day, or more sets of the same exercises.

It's also better versus doing those exercises as straight sets with just 30-45 seconds inbetween, because that really doesn't allow working to best ability.

It's maybe one of those "Well that's too obvious to mention" things, but the more that you can the volume that would be best for you if there were no time constraint AND get near to the same performance you would if there were no time constraint, the better the results.

Well Bill don't feel bad it was about 14 years ago. You were explaining how big ankles can make the calf less impressive at a given size. I piped up and suggested that you must have big ankles. :)

Oh!

Well yes the calves are sadly unimpressive. But unfortunately, that's DESPITE average-sized (I think) ankles.

A little update...

Was 180 @ 21% on 4/15 (142 lbs LM)
Now 187 @ 16% (157 lbs LM)

The way I do math that is a 15 lb gain in LM while losing about 8 lbs of fat. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. I've been "off" for a month now and so I feel pretty good about keeping what muscle I've gained.

I'm currently running Lyle's UD2 and I plan to get to sub 10% in the next 6 - 8 weeks. Once there, I plan on hitting a pretty serious bulk cycle. However, I wan't to minimize bloat and sides. At 150 mg ED of prop my hair started falling out. It wasn't alot, but enough to concern me. It stopped a couple weeks ago after being off for a couple of weeks.

Anybody have experience with topical spironolactone to help with this?

I would like to run prop again, but the hair loss makes me hesitant.

I've also thought about just tren and hcg to keep estrogen levels from falling too low and to keep a more normal sex drive. Maybe stack with some t-bol?

Again, I don't want to use anything that causes bloat, hair loss, or excessive acne. I don't want everyone to look at me and go "hey look that asshole is on juice!".

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance....

-What

good results man. you seem quite happy. so thats great!

i always like to keep some portion of test in any cycle. you could also try some masteron or anavar, i'm a big fan of tren, and use it frequently in cycles, but you'd maybe want to keep the mast out of the same cycle, for synergistic gyno reasons, etc.

Yeah, actually I'm thinking of staying with the 75 - 100 mg ed prop & 75 mg ed tren for another 8 - 10 weeks. I was thinking about using 5% topical spiro to avoid the hairloss, but only while on or for a week or two after coming off...

I'm also toying with the idea of using come hcg and t-bol and running longer; maybe 12 - 14 weeks.