Anyone tried the golden era diet for building muscle?

Bigbicep

Hey guys, anyone here tried the golden era high protein high fats low carb approach to building muscle? What are you thoughts on this or how’s it go during a growth phase

your performance in the gym will almost certainly be better with higher carb.

That being said there are a lot of ways to skin a cat

Hey guys, anyone here tried the golden era high protein high fats low carb approach to building muscle? What are you thoughts on this or how’s it go during a growth phase
With all the information around now, how come go back in time?

It’s not just a coincidence that all bodybuilders follow the same diet - medium/high protein, medium/high carb and low fat

Don’t overthink it

With all the information around now, how come go back in time?
I was thinking high protein high fat you could eat more calories and be less bloated while still gaining muscle and not putting on as much fat because your body will be in a sort of ketosis.

I was thinking high protein high fat you could eat more calories and be less bloated while still gaining muscle and not putting on as much fat because your body will be in a sort of ketosis.
But youd get fat

Also carbs can digest faster, then fats

Ketosis isn't some magic process by which you burn more calories.

I do like a variation of this.
High carbs on training or game days
Low carbs when less active.
Protein and fat remain roughly the same day to day.
But youd get fat

Also carbs can digest faster, then fats
Ketosis isn't some magic process by which you burn more calories.

I've been doing keto and it's easier for me to stay lean but definitely doesn't break the laws of thermodynamics. I also try to have some carbs before heavy leg days. Those days can be hell on an empty tank.

It's definitely not for a mass/bulking phase. Maintaining or slow gains, sure.

Personally I don't notice a huge performance or energy difference on lower carbs, but the same reason high fat makes it easier to eat fewer calories makes it tough to get all your cals in on a bulk- satiety. You just don't WANT that extra fullness then, it's only gonna make your life harder.

Success leaves clues. If you want to be a winner, you have to do what winners do.

That said, there's some individual variation there, but still.

Back