Bacteriostatic water production

eviF

Hi, I would like to create a bacteriostatic water for peptides. I looked on the internet and I'm not sure if I understand. Method:
-Boiled water
-after cooling, 0.9% benzyl alcohol
- filtration using a PVDF filter
- store water in 10 ml sterile vials
- Done

My English is limited. Maybe it will be enough. Thank you for every response.

I just buy those 100ml NaCl bottles and add 1ml of BA. Shake, let it rest for 24h and use.
After 4 - 6 weeks i toss it and make a new one. For me, the effort of first boiling water and then filtering it and so on would be too much when I consider that I can buy a bottle of sterile NaCl for about 3$ at the pharmacy.

I just buy those 100ml NaCl bottles and add 1ml of BA. Shake, let it rest for 24h and use.
After 4 - 6 weeks i toss it and make a new one. For me, the effort of first boiling water and then filtering it and so on would be too much when I consider that I can buy a bottle of sterile NaCl for about 3$ at the pharmacy.
Why not bottles of sterile water?

Do you run the BA through a filter first or you dont bother? Am in the process of doing this too when my current bac water runs out.

Do you run the BA through a filter first or you dont bother? Am in the process of doing this too when my current bac water runs out.
No, i don't. I use a Insulinesyringe with 0.33mm needle. I open the BA bottle only in protected environment tho, to prevent airborne particles from flying into the bottle.

I built a box like this a long time ago for brewing:

With some modifications of course (bigger box etc.).
I don't prepare anything for the BA as I would normally do for brewing. I put the bottle and the syringe in, close the box, wait 10 minutes until all the particles have sunk, open the bottle, draw up, inject into the NaCl, done.

Edit: I would also do it without the box, I just use it because it is there. Just be careful with the particles.

I do, for what it's worth.
I buy sterile water in multidose vials from the pharmacy, brand is B Braun.
BA through syringefilter directly into vial.

You can buy the big bags of IV (not IM) water and maybe use that. It's sterile. I just would not put it in the bag itself (the BA) because it might interact with the plastic bag.

Buy distilled water and add ur BA(pass it through a syringe filter) shake it and thats it.
Distilled water doesnt have bacteria and doesnt have minerals either.