Bone injection

Jickzer

Last week I pinned with a 3ml 25g inch and a half in the top of my left quad. I like to kind of harpoon it in so it's less painful. The plunger wouldn't go down, I tried pushing harder and still stuck. Pulled it back up a half inch and it went in smooth, that's when I realized I was probably in the bone at first. Has this happened to anyone else? My leg was achey for a few days, it almost felt like sciatica, dull bone type pain. After a few days it felt fine.

Yeah I know but I'm pretty sure I was in the bone before I pulled it back, what else would keep the plunger from going down? I was pushing pretty hard.

No you didnt inject into bone. But i can say i thought i did this once too actually ha but no youd have to go way in to actually inject into bone. If your quads arent huge yet use 1 in.

actually i take that back you may could have possibly hit the bone if your legs are really skinny but most likley not. Def get 1 in needles, i use 5/8 in 25 guage its just a bit shorter than 1 in

actually i take that back you may could have possibly hit the bone if your legs are really skinny but most likley not. Def get 1 in needles, i use 5/8 in 25 guage its just a bit shorter than 1 in
I mainly use a 27half inch because it's usually never more than 1ml at a time but I have a box of the inch and a half and was trying to use them up. I haven't tried the 5/8 yet but will so I can get in there a little more.

I mainly use a 27half inch because it's usually never more than 1ml at a time but I have a box of the inch and a half and was trying to use them up. I haven't tried the 5/8 yet but will so I can get in there a little more.
you could use 1/2 in too. I just assumed you want to go deeper if youre using a inch and a half. I use 27g 1/2 in sometimes too.

You didn't inject bone but consider this. Nerves are covered with a protective sheath. Kinda like how electric wire is protected in a plastic like sheath.
The protective sheath of your nerves is slippery and wet. So when you inject a needle it's very unlikely that you'll hit (puncture) a nerve. The nerve will usually just slip to the side. Your muscle may twitch if you get close or touch the nerve, but it hasn't been punctured.
Now imagine you like to jam that needle in like a harpoon. Now you have increased your chanced of actually either nicking or puncturing the nerve. Not only will this be very painful but also can cause an infection in the nerve.
SLOW DOWN...steady wins the race every time.

You didn't inject bone but consider this. Nerves are covered with a protective sheath. Kinda like how electric wire is protected in a plastic like sheath.
The protective sheath of your nerves is slippery and wet. So when you inject a needle it's very unlikely that you'll hit (puncture) a nerve. The nerve will usually just slip to the side. Your muscle may twitch if you get close or touch the nerve, but it hasn't been punctured.
Now imagine you like to jam that needle in like a harpoon. Now you have increased you chanced of actually either nicking or puncturing the nerve. Not only will this be very painful but also can cause an infection in the nerve.
Yeah very good adive. And keep in mind with shooting quads you will want to shoot the upper outer area. Dont shoot in the side of you quad as there is a big risk of hitting a nerve.

If your upper quad is only 1.5" thick you are severally malnourished by any standard
Yeah I don't know I'm not skinny, just wondering what else couhave kept the plunger from going down. That's why I brought it up. Because i'm not sure if that's what happened or not

Yeah I don't know I'm not skinny, just wondering what else couhave kept the plunger from going down. That's why I brought it up. Because i'm not sure if that's what happened or not
I have had it too where the plunger wouldnt go down or it would be hard to push and I think its from scar tissue but thats just my opinion. Ive had it happen a few times.

Now imagine you like to jam that needle in like a harpoon. Now you have increased your chanced of actually either nicking or puncturing the nerve. Not only will this be very painful but also can cause an infection in the nerve.
Thanks for the feedback I'll slow down from now on

Back