Chicken breast recipe help.

aragorn1500

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Greetings,

I like to make a mixture of skinless, boneless chicken breasts along with rice and broccoli. I just boil everything, I wondered if using an air-fryer would make a difference? As much as I love this stuff, I'd like to see if anyone has any ideas about different seasonings or ingredients just to keep some variety.

Thanks.

Marinading the chicken in Greek yogurt or lemon juice and baking in oven or air fryer versus boiling it like a savage will make the chicken delicious.

Also don't skimp on the rice. Get a proper brand indian basmati from an India store. Leagues better taste.

I would only boil my chicken if I REALLY wanted to hate life or was gonna put some of that Chinese ginger scallion sauce on it (which is mostly oil).

My chix breast method is to brine the breasts for 1-2 hours, and then grill em. You can even overcook em a bit and they'll still be juicy and tender.

This is my go-to: How To Brine Chicken Breasts

After I take them out of the brine I pound them to be even, and season with garlic and onion powder plus pepper. No need for any more salt.

I cook all my chicken stove top in a pan with juuuust a touch of avacado oil. I use meat church seasonings and either use just bare breasts or wildforks (delivery). Enjoying the wild forks a lot currently as quality is better than big juiced up cheap ass store chicken. Not as good as just bare but it is cheaper soo..

I also use a thermopen instant thermometer. Cook temp is everything. My chicken taste like something out of a super fancy restaurant

Air fryer is amazing. Makes it perfect every time. No need to add anything

I just bought a pressure cooker on Impulse after finding out o could make cream of
Rice with just actual rice at home. Gonna try some chicken in it and see how it does

I suck at cooking. Some people can eyeball the chicken in a skillet but I can't .... But using an Air fryer has been a game changer. Cooks perfect every time like the other guy said Very easy to do. YouTube recipes . (There are many )

I suck at cooking. Some people can eyeball the chicken in a skillet but I can't .... But using an Air fryer has been a game changer. Cooks perfect every time like the other guy said Very easy to do. YouTube recipes . (There are many )

I won’t cook chicken without it. Everyone thinks I’m a chicken wizard because it turns out joozy

Bachans Japanese Barbecue Sauce. A little high in sugars so if your in a cut, maybe not. Marinade your breasts and grill them. Poof rice bowls.

Chicken in a slow cooker with chicken broth. The rice in the rice cooker. I have a rice cooker that steams veggies that is where I put the brocoli. I like the taste and consistency of the food. I would not mix it all together I hate soggy brocoli.

I used to cook it in the pan or in the oven, but it's edible only the same day, if you put it in the freeze and try to heat it it's like a damn shoe sole.

I have a year now i make it boiled and although it might not be the tastier it sure goes down pretty easily.

I chop 3,3 pounds of chicken breast in cubes, saute them in the pot with a little olive oil, then add lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, pepper, salt, and a chicken mix spice, add boiling water and boil for 45 minutes. Then i add 3,3 pounds of mixed frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, maize and red peppers) and cook for more 20 minutes. Then i divide into 7 portions and each portion gives 8gr Fats - 55gr Protein - 27gr Carbs. It's always moist and juicy and you can easily prepare some rice or boil some potatoes and mix it. Currently i'm eating it with no added carbs since i'm cutting. Here's how it looks actually, i just took off the pot from fire

Attachments

• IMG_20240609_153749.jpg
    IMG_20240609_153749.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
Is this just all about the old school bodybuilding obsession with chicken & rice etc? Or that chicken is a cheap low carb high protein food?

Cuz depending on fat preference, I'd rather cod (lower fat) or steak (higher fat).

Both are easier to prepare than chicken, so I think it's either cost or tradition.

Crock pot with two packs of taco seasoning, then use all the taco chicken flavored juice for the water to cook my rice.

I just bought a pressure cooker on Impulse after finding out o could make cream of
Rice with just actual rice at home. Gonna try some chicken in it and see how it does
With a pressure cooker you can make stan efferding monster mash bowls. Just cook meat in a pan. Add rice ,vegetables and bone broth instead of water to pressure cook the rice with the cooked meat.

I season chicken breasts with lime, olive oil and Traeger’s Fin and Feather. Smoke at 350F for approximately 12 minutes per side. Check temperature with meat thermometer and add time as needed.

Steam broccoli separately and use a rice cooker.

air fryer is just a convenient oven, if I was going to bake my chicken breasts it wouldn't fit in an air fryer for a meal prep.

Throw a bunch of chicken breasts, onions, green peppers in a pan, take it out when chicken breast is 140*F, there's your meal prep.

If you want delicious, use a cast iron skillet, throw it on high, reduce heat to low and slow, throw in veggies, flip halfway and remove at 140*F. Leave veggies, deglaze with apple cider vinegar, blast it high, add sauce.

So many sauces you can use:

Japanese Curry, korean gochujang, fajita, mexican mole, hungarian paprika, brasilian farofa, dijon mustard, kimchi, saurkraut (these are all low cal btw, lots of high cal sauces too out there).

I've eaten cast iron chicken breast every day for over a year now, just rotate sauces and you'll be fine on variety.

Skip the rice, rice is crap. Eat more veggies, or enjoy ice cream instead.

Sponsors