coinbase are closing my account

shady

i have a coinbase account i used a couple of times around 3 years ago. anyway i just logged in and its saying my account is being closed and i need to move my funds (a whopping £13!! :)
i sent customer support a message asking why its being closed (i actually forgot i even had an account till i just tried registering)
im a total noob with crypto stuff , my question is which other service and wallet do you recommend i use? ( im based in the uk if that makes a difference) im not asking for step by step spoon feeding (although i welcome it :) ) just point me in the direction of something "trusted" and ill google the rest
thanks in advance

I can't comment about coinbase but it's normal for most online services to close accounts or place restrictions on them after a certain period of time due to lack of activity on the account. They might do it for security and GDPR reasons or they might just want to clear their admin system of too many old/unused accounts.

Ebay did something similar to me coz I didn't sell anything for about 5 years so now I'm limited to only selling 1 item at a time and the value can't be more than £10 and if I want to increase my selling power or have restrictions removed I have to contact CS and beg for permission ROFL. :rolleyes:

i have a coinbase account i used a couple of times around 3 years ago. anyway i just logged in and its saying my account is being closed and i need to move my funds (a whopping £13!! :)
i sent customer support a message asking why its being closed (i actually forgot i even had an account till i just tried registering)
im a total noob with crypto stuff , my question is which other service and wallet do you recommend i use? ( im based in the uk if that makes a difference) im not asking for step by step spoon feeding (although i welcome it :) ) just point me in the direction of something "trusted" and ill google the rest
thanks in advance
It coukd be due to inactivity but They will close accounts if they have sent coins to a known darknet or other bad activity related wallet address. Never send coins from coinbase to any address except your personal one. Preferably then exchange for XMR, then do your business.

You can use localbitcoins.com (.net if you're in russia) to purchase coins with all kinds of payment methods from PayPal to checks. Then you can use localmoner.co (.co, not .com) to exchange your bitcoins fir monero and ACTUALLY have some semblance of privacy with your transactions.

It coukd be due to inactivity but They will close accounts if they have sent coins to a known darknet or other bad activity related wallet address. Never send coins from coinbase to any address except your personal one. Preferably then exchange for XMR, then do your business.

You can use localbitcoins.com (.net if you're in russia) to purchase coins with all kinds of payment methods from PayPal to checks. Then you can use localmoner.co (.co, not .com) to exchange your bitcoins fir monero and ACTUALLY have some semblance of privacy with your transactions.

You're a goldmine of info when it comes to modern secrecy tech bro.....but I'm really glad I don't actually need to use most of it or live an illegal lifestyle.

My life is boring as fuck but if the internet feds/le/police wanna track me and bust me.....the worst I will ever get is a slap on the wrist or a short holiday in the big house :)

thanks for the replies. i dont need to cash out at any point its not for investing its to buy gear :) ill check out localbitcoins, i have a coinbase wallet could you recommend which wallet i should be using? again i reiterate i know fuck all about crypto its all witchcraft to me :)

ps i sent a message to coinbase and they just repolied that they have to shut my account down im assuming its because i sent funds straight to a source from the account

thanks for the replies. i dont need to cash out at any point its not for investing its to buy gear :) ill check out localbitcoins, i have a coinbase wallet could you recommend which wallet i should be using? again i reiterate i know fuck all about crypto its all witchcraft to me :)
I like exodus wallet desktop agent

ps i sent a message to coinbase and they just repolied that they have to shut my account down im assuming its because i sent funds straight to a source from the account

It's no secret to anyone on here that I won't/can't use coin/crypto so there's no need to get into another stupid debate about that....but what's the point in having a coinbase account to buy gear if coinbase don't allow it and why didn't they close your account 3 years ago when you used it to buy steroids? I closed my account already coz it's no use to me so I'm only asking these questions out of intrigue.

And how would they know you're buying gear from a source anyway? I thought the whole purpose of using these crypto methods was anonymity and privacy?

@1tank1 basically they have a list of known wallet addresses that are associated with grey/black market or otherwise not-so-legal activity. If you transact with one of those wallets directly then they will close your account as they don't want to be associated with enabling people to perform illegal activity.

So the best thing to do is:
1. Buy your BTC/LTC/whatever
2. Send to your personal desktop agent wallet (Exodus, etc.)
3. Exchange X amount of whatever coin you bought for Monero (XMR). This will involved sending your coin to a sellers wallet from localmonero.co, then once confirmed they will release the designated amount of XMR to your Monero wallet client.
4.Then send the XMR to your source or wherever it needs to go to accomplish your goal.

There are too many hops here for Coinbase or anyone to say it was you. As soon as the coins leave coinbase, bam, it's PROBABLY you but they don't know for sure. Especially if you then exchange for another coin then at that point they are completely unable to know, so you are in the clear as far as coinbase goes.

Also, the IRS is now monitoring blockchain transactions. They look at where you send coins with the goal of tracking any profits so if they audit you later they can fuck you as hard as possible. Apparently some company found a way to parse through the XMR blockchain but it is extremely difficult and I believe still convoluted and probably not super reliable. Especially if you can exchange via a person like with localmonero, that can really make it much harder.

That's the biggest mistake to make as a newbie to the crypto game. The Golden Rule is to never use Coinbase (and maybe Cashapp) BTC wallet to pay sources directly as this is due to their bitcoin addresses being flagged in a database that they never disclose about as it's confidential info to them. Buy your coin, and once cleared move it to another external wallet you control first. Then maybe move it again to another wallet...then pay your sponsor from that wallet.

Coinbase - external wallet - external wallet - source - external wallet to return balance for storage and then flush the first two wallets used and never use them again. Obviously you don't want to draw attention to yourself. CB sees you make a bunch of $200-500 transactions directly to source it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Never had a problem with the above method, then again I close out my CB account every 6 months and let it cool off and then open another CB account.

A lot of sources these days have their own webstore and I don't mind using them as they are convenient, but I suspect those are flagged pretty easily.

The trick is you never hold onto anything for very long, nothing they can use to pattern your activity. These guys that hold onto the same account for years, same email, same wallet. That's not very smart.

Last edited:
thanks in advance
For basic bitcoin transactions I like Cash App. It's user friendly and simple.

thanks in advance
For example, binance exchange. I advise you to study the issues of working crypto with paypal, they launched this service.

thanks for all the info, now im wishing trading livestock was still the preferred method of payment :)

I'll swap a few of my chickens and cockerels for decent trusted gear anytime bro ROFL. I've got some top quality bantams here too that are really good layers for locally produced free range eggs :)

I'll swap a few of my chickens and cockerels for decent trusted gear anytime bro ROFL. I've got some top quality bantams here too that are really good layers for locally produced free range eggs :)
Barter will always be relevant. Natural product as they say :)

So the best thing to do is:
1. Buy your BTC/LTC/whatever
2. Send to your personal desktop agent wallet (Exodus, etc.)
3. Exchange X amount of whatever coin you bought for Monero (XMR). This will involved sending your coin to a sellers wallet from localmonero.co, then once confirmed they will release the designated amount of XMR to your Monero wallet client.
4.Then send the XMR to your source or wherever it needs to go to accomplish your goal.
Exactly what I've been doing since I read you suggested it, in another thread. At one point it looked like :
1Exchange(btc or ltc)>wallet 1(exchanged to xmr)>wallet 2(exchanged to btc)>wallet3(send to source).

Back