Empty Vial and Stopper Sterilization (Opinions)

Trapjunky

Ok so I Soaked my Empty Vials and Stoppers in Boiled Pipe Water and Dawn Soap for 45 minutes.. I then Rinsed my Empty Vials and Stoppers with Warm Pipe Water. After Rinsed I submerged Empty Vials and Stoppers in Isopropyl Alcohol 70% for 45 minutes.. I then Rinsed with Purified Water and placed Empty Vials in Aluminum Baking Tray (Top of Tray covered with Foil) and Baked at 350 for 1 Hour.. After about an Hour I lowered Temperature to 250 and added my Rubber Stoppers for 20 minutes.
After the Sterilization Process was complete I went ahead and let those now Sterilized Empty Vials Cool down and I immediately put my Rubber Stoppers on them. Rather than poke a Hole through the fresh stopper I carefully lifted the Stopper Up from the Lip of said Vial and Squeezed my 21G Needle in there (through the side in between stopper and glass lip) and began Filtering my Oil into the Empty Vials. After each Vial measured 10ml or 50ml (depending on vial) I went ahead and Crimped them Shut.
My question is, was my sterilization process sufficient and did I go about this in the proper manner?

Also I should note some of the oil lubricated the lip of the empty vial where the rubber stopper makes contact. Is that concerning?

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 32
  • image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    578.4 KB · Views: 33
I use pressure cooker after isopropyl alcohol / distilled water step , before oven and run the oven step bit longer closer to 2 hours that's just me
Also i cover each individual vial with aluminum foil that's been wiped with isopropyl alcohol.
I use 18g blunt drawing needles there mad but if ya used gloves mask etc sounds like ya good to go.

Last edited:
Ok so I Soaked my Empty Vials and Stoppers in Boiled Pipe Water and Dawn Soap for 45 minutes.. I then Rinsed my Empty Vials and Stoppers with Warm Pipe Water. After Rinsed I submerged Empty Vials and Stoppers in Isopropyl Alcohol 70% for 45 minutes.. I then Rinsed with Purified Water and placed Empty Vials in Aluminum Baking Tray (Top of Tray covered with Foil) and Baked at 350 for 1 Hour.. After about an Hour I lowered Temperature to 250 and added my Rubber Stoppers for 20 minutes.
After the Sterilization Process was complete I went ahead and let those now Sterilized Empty Vials Cool down and I immediately put my Rubber Stoppers on them. Rather than poke a Hole through the fresh stopper I carefully lifted the Stopper Up from the Lip of said Vial and Squeezed my 21G Needle in there (through the side in between stopper and glass lip) and began Filtering my Oil into the Empty Vials. After each Vial measured 10ml or 50ml (depending on vial) I went ahead and Crimped them Shut.
My question is, was my sterilization process sufficient and did I go about this in the proper manner?

Also I should note some of the oil lubricated the lip of the empty vial where the rubber stopper makes contact. Is that concerning?
You dont need all that stuff man!!!!!
u need to wash them with glass lab detergent, and distilled water, give them a second soak with distilled water and then put all ur vials in the oven at 170 degrees centigrade 1 hour.
the stoppers, just autoclave them, if u dont have an autoclave, then wash them with hydrogen peroxide 10 mins and let them dry. thats enough. its not rocket science. any question feel free to ask.