Getting blood tests that my dr wont be able to see?

fiztable

So i wondering if you guys know a way i can get separate tests from what my Dr orders so that i can use higher test + deca without my dr seeing that my test levels are JACKED. If i order tests n pay myself through quest(or maybe i should use another lab since my dr uses quest and may can see all quest results.
I'm not too sure how this works, there has to be a way to get blood tests without my Dr seeing them and possibly without my insurance seeing them right?

Im just worried about getting cut off or some bs for not following my Dr TRT protocol.
Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated

Can't say about Quest yet. But Labcorp sends out the previous result when delivering the newest results to a Dr. so switching to Labcorp may be in your best interest.

Can't say about Quest yet. But Labcorp sends out the previous result when delivering the newest results to a Dr. so switching to Labcorp may be in your best interest.
Not completely understanding. Sounda like your saying that if i got results sent to me, tgen dr orders more blood, labcorp (and maybe quest) sends that previously ordered results to my dr as well?

Since my dr uses quest, i was thinking, maybe i could order test throuh labcorp (or even quest IF) results are sent only to me and since its sent to me and not my dr, he shouldn't get to see that test result, only what HE orders. Not sure if i'm correct in thinking this.

Another issue is can I get my insurance to pay for labs sent JUST to me? And if so, could insurance somehow see results and find anything fishy compared to my lower levels my dr ordered?

Or am i just really overthinking this and need to simply order a test/tests myself, pay(possibly call insurance to get free results?), print order w results only coming to me, go to hospital and have them draw blood and send it in and wait.

I will likely use Labcorp(still curious if insurance will pay) since Quest is set up online where it seems like my dr can review any of my results.

Sorry if im making this more complicated than should be. Just wanna be safe n do this right n not get caught up w my dr or insurance.

Not completely understanding. Sounda like your saying that if i got results sent to me, tgen dr orders more blood, labcorp (and maybe quest) sends that previously ordered results to my dr as well?

Since my dr uses quest, i was thinking, maybe i could order test throuh labcorp (or even quest IF) results are sent only to me and since its sent to me and not my dr, he shouldn't get to see that test result, only what HE orders. Not sure if i'm correct in thinking this.

Another issue is can I get my insurance to pay for labs sent JUST to me? And if so, could insurance somehow see results and find anything fishy compared to my lower levels my dr ordered?

Or am i just really overthinking this and need to simply order a test/tests myself, pay(possibly call insurance to get free results?), print order w results only coming to me, go to hospital and have them draw blood and send it in and wait.

I will likely use Labcorp(still curious if insurance will pay) since Quest is set up online where it seems like my dr can review any of my results.

Sorry if im making this more complicated than should be. Just wanna be safe n do this right n not get caught up w my dr or insurance.
I just started using Quest for my own blood work that i order for my self so i will not have first hand experience on how they do things until i have more testing done in the future for comparison of how they report. I found out about that a while back when he asked who else i was seeing. Labcorp has been doing that for years. So i assume my Dr will not have access to the Quest results as he uses Labcorp. But time will tell.

All lab results are sent to the Dr that ordered them. No matter the Lab that does them. You also have access.

If a Dr orders the test and he is in your network they usually pay for testing but you can submit yourself if outside the network. But the insurance company will have access to the results. I can't say if they allow your Dr acess as well you will have to read your plan. I just pay for mine to keep as many out of the loop as i can.

Labcorp automatically attaches your previous result when sending your Dr the latest result re ordered. i.e. Blood work he gets from a test he orders this week will contain the last result as well whether it is from weeks or months earlier no matter who ordered the last tests that is just how the system is set up and they will not change that procedure.

When in doubt call the company and ask how they deliver results.

Isn't them just sending your doctor bloodwork you had done prior, especially if ordered by a different physician, illegal af? Afaik they can only share that stuff if you give permission or there is a legal matter in which it must be shared. It would make more sense if they did this but only for the same physician...

Isn't them just sending your doctor bloodwork you had done prior, especially if ordered by a different physician, illegal af? Afaik they can only share that stuff if you give permission or there is a legal matter in which it must be shared. It would make more sense if they did this but only for the same physician...
No it isn't illegal. Did you read every piece of paper about authorizations that your Dr has had you sign and all the disclaimers on the website you want to order your blood work from. And all the disclaimers from your insurance company? I am guessing that you haven't.

No it isn't illegal. Did you read every piece of paper about authorizations that your Dr has had you sign and all the disclaimers on the website you want to order your blood work from. And all the disclaimers from your insurance company? I am guessing that you haven't.
Looks like Quest doesn’t give it out unless you give permission or legally required. (or related testing/service, which does not apply for separate lab req forms from a different physician)

Ok sweet thanks for that info. One other thing, you said quest only sends results to a dr that ordered it. So thatd mean when ordering blood tests for myself i have to tell them to send it to A doctor correct? Just not my pcp who is handling my TRT, I could send it to a different dr i see and not approve the release to my other dr?

I was under the impression i could go in and order blood tests on my own and pay for them. But what do i know, why im asking here.

Ok sweet thanks for that info. One other thing, you said quest only sends results to a dr that ordered it. So thatd mean when ordering blood tests for myself i have to tell them to send it to A doctor correct? Just not my pcp who is handling my TRT, I could send it to a different dr i see and not approve the release to my other dr?

I was under the impression i could go in and order blood tests on my own and pay for them. But what do i know, why im asking here.
Ulta labs, self pay. Goes through Quest. Use the discount code on front page for 20% off. Cheapest I have found. LCMS for TT and ED for FT. Throw an SHBG assay in there as well if you want to compare calculated Vermeulen FT against your measured FT result.

Last edited:
Ulta labs, self pay. Goes through Quest. Use the discount code on front page for 20% off. Cheapest I have found. LCMS for TT and ED for FT. Throw an SHBG assay in there as well if you want to compare calculated Vermeulen FT against your measured FT result.

Appreciate you hooking us up lol. This is $10+ cheaper than the place I use for Quest labs. Also, for OP, if you decide to need Labcorp for whatever reason, I believe Marek Diagnostics has a $35 total + free T test (they only use Labcorp afaik)

Appreciate you hooking us up lol. This is $10+ cheaper than the place I use for Quest labs. Also, for OP, if you decide to need Labcorp for whatever reason, I believe Marek Diagnostics has a $35 total + free T test (they only use Labcorp afaik)

My pleasure.

Their LCMS + ED package is way overpriced:

The $29 package is IA + direct IA for FT which is a crap test for FT. The TT test a no go above 1500 ng/dl.

Stick with LCMS plus ED (TT/FT).

If your state allows direct access blood testing you can order your own but it seems most require a Dr.. When you order a blood test online the order goes to the companies Dr they have on staff who rubber stamps the paper work to order it. And he will be able to see the results you order.

Back