Help with list.

Deezznutzz

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm doing research. Can someone make me a list if I was to do a small trt test cyp batch using a hot plate magnetic stir and syringe filters. I'm talking about the bare minimum with no extras. I have a few questions. I see the sterile filters listed as 25 mm do I need to get 35 mm? I want to go straight into 20 ml sterile sealed vials. Are all the sterile filters lock lure? So what size lock lure needle would I need for the filters and can someone explain the venting procedure a little better and what size and type of needles I would need for that. Do you guys put anything under the vials in case you break the filter to catch spilled oil? And if I'm using a caulking gun how many pumps? Do I stop when I start seeing drips? Also is there any good videos out there I've seen a few but they're so blurry you can't really tell much. If someone could recommend the best cheap hot plate setup magnetic stirrer that would be great also .... or do you buy these as two separate things? I see so many items I don't know what to get LOL. Thanks again

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm doing research. Can someone make me a list if I was to do a small trt test cyp batch using a hot plate magnetic stir and syringe filters. I'm talking about the bare minimum with no extras. I have a few questions. I see the sterile filters listed as 25 mm do I need to get 35 mm? I want to go straight into 20 ml sterile sealed vials. Are all the sterile filters lock lure? So what size lock lure needle would I need for the filters and can someone explain the venting procedure a little better and what size and type of needles I would need for that. Do you guys put anything under the vials in case you break the filter to catch spilled oil? And if I'm using a caulking gun how many pumps? Do I stop when I start seeing drips? Also is there any good videos out there I've seen a few but they're so blurry you can't really tell much. If someone could recommend the best cheap hot plate setup magnetic stirrer that would be great also .... or do you buy these as two separate things? I see so many items I don't know what to get LOL. Thanks again

Idk a ton and hopefully someone with a lot more experience in the homebrew section can help you but I think filter wise most use the .22 micron filter the rest usually do 20 to 2 ratio bb to ba but u can do it lower depending on what mg u decide to make it at..... I know enough but I would check the homebrew section I'm sure u know this deez u been here for a bit, wish u the best and obv ask a cpl people. U can prob use less solvents also which will be better.

I see the sterile filters listed as 25 mm do I need to get 35 mm?
25mm will do but its a pain in the ass. 33mm is better and can filter up to 100ml or relative clean powder
Are all the sterile filters lock lure?
Yes. If it where luer slip it would burst and spill the oil due to pressure. Filter out is luer slip
So what size lock lure needle would I need for the filters and can someone explain the venting procedure a little better and what size and type of needles I would need for that.
The needle of the sterile output can be anything of 23g or lower. 18g is pretty big and dows not hinder flow. A 25g needle with no syringe attached is used to vent the vial
Do you guys put anything under the vials in case you break the filter to catch spilled oil?
paper towel
And if I'm using a caulking gun how many pumps? Do I stop when I start seeing drips?
you apply constant pressure enough to have a steady flow but not too much cause you could end up busting the filter. Usually with lukewarm thin oil (MCT) you can fill a 20ml vial in 1 minute max

25mm will do but its a pain in the ass. 33mm is better and can filter up to 100ml or relative clean powder

Yes. If it where luer slip it would burst and spill the oil due to pressure. Filter out is luer slip

The needle of the sterile output can be anything of 23g or lower. 18g is pretty big and dows not hinder flow. A 25g needle with no syringe attached is used to vent the vial

paper towel

you apply constant pressure enough to have a steady flow but not too much cause you could end up busting the filter. Usually with lukewarm thin oil (MCT) you can fill a 20ml vial in 1 minute max
Thanks man you've been very helpful. I'm guessing all I need is one beaker? The video I saw the guy for some reason had two beakers ..he warm the oil up in one beaker and then took it out with a syringe and put it in another Beaker to mix everything. Unless I'm missing something that part was unnecessary right? And in that video I don't think he vented the vial.

Thanks man you've been very helpful. I'm guessing all I need is one beaker? The video I saw the guy for some reason had two beakers ..he warm the oil up in one beaker and then took it out with a syringe and put it in another Beaker to mix everything. Unless I'm missing something that part was unnecessary right? And in that video I don't think he vented the vial.
Yeah one baker is fine, the 2nd one probably was used to measure the ml of oil needed.
If you don't vent the vial you will build pressure inside the vial making the filtration process harder due to pressure blowback. Put a 2nd 23g needle to relief pressure and thank me later.

Yeah one baker is fine, the 2nd one probably was used to measure the ml of oil needed.
If you don't vent the vial you will build pressure inside the vial making the filtration process harder due to pressure blowback. Put a 2nd 23g needle to relief pressure and thank me later.

Shit now u both got me wanting to do my own as well once u get everything it's pretty easy just some math and measuring and doesn't mesos have a calculator that literally gives u pretty much all the measurements or something to that extent.... Either way I learned something new with the filters I always thought I were suppose to use 22m filter..... Thank you for the knowledge always Intrested to learn

Deezz my good friend. So many questions and everyone beat me. All i can say if you are spending all this cash get a vacumn filter. Yes a calking gun is good but putting that sort of pressure on a 10ml syringe or worse a 3ml to push through a filter make no sense once youve done it several times. A vacumn filter is painless but does waste a lot if you are doing one or two ten ml viles. I would find someone you know and trust and pm you through the steps in order. It isnt complicated but if you miss just one step youve wasted time. Im the dumbest fucker here and ive been brewing 3 years for myself and a few others. Never had a bad brew or pip. Always vacumn filtered. Tried one syringe filter and never do that again.the back of the syringe blew apart in the calking gun and i got an oiled face. Some guys like it. But some guys like to play hide the sausage with their boyfriends too. Each to their own.
You will do fine my good friend. Dont over think it. Write down the steps and follow what you wrote like a bible.

What syringe filter? I see them listed as .2um
.22um and 2.0 um. and 0.2um

Also .20u and .22u at gpz.
Is a .20u whatman same as a .2um whatman? Kinda confused...haha

Last edited:
Syringe filtering is extremely tedious. If you’re doing more than a few vials I’d suggest getting an inexpensive vacuum pump and some bottle top filters instead.
I wish I had just done so from the get go.
Harbor freight has a 2.5cfm for about 90$, and they often do a coupon if your patient you can wait for that and get it 25% off.
Mine works perfect.

Syringe filtering is extremely tedious. If you’re doing more than a few vials I’d suggest getting an inexpensive vacuum pump and some bottle top filters instead.
I wish I had just done so from the get go.
Harbor freight has a 2.5cfm for about 90$, and they often do a coupon if your patient you can wait for that and get it 25% off.
Mine works perfect.
I told him that born wise. Hope he listens to you.

I would rather just do the syringe filters the first time around. I may do the pump later. I actually have that exact pump that I use for AC work.

If it’s just for a true TRT replacement I’d just buy 2/3 bottles of test cyp off @Liska or @Titan Labs and save yourself the headache.

Deezz it aint so. Homebrew is for 3 uses only.
1 you dont trust premade.
2 you cant get premade cheap or properly dosed.
3 you sell.
You dont fit into any of these groups.
But wanting to brew for the xperiance isnt bad. It is fun. But costly getting started. I can brew test e 400mg/ml at $25 a vile. Sigma sell it at or below $10.
Nevertheless have a go it is rewarding. If you are still looking for advise pm me. The negative feed back on this post doesnt reflect what is being asked. I realize it isnt to save money it is to have done it yourself.
Apart from crap filters you have all you need. Time to start brewing my good friend. Best of luck. You have got this.

Deezz it aint so. Homebrew is for 3 uses only.
1 you dont trust premade.
2 you cant get premade cheap or properly dosed.
3 you sell.
You dont fit into any of these groups.
But wanting to brew for the xperiance isnt bad. It is fun. But costly getting started. I can brew test e 400mg/ml at $25 a vile. Sigma sell it at or below $10.
Nevertheless have a go it is rewarding. If you are still looking for advise pm me. The negative feed back on this post doesnt reflect what is being asked. I realize it isnt to save money it is to have done it yourself.
Apart from crap filters you have all you need. Time to start brewing my good friend. Best of luck. You have got this.
I was going to do it to save money and learn how to trust my own stuff. I know where to get some stuff very very cheap I've done the math. I will actually save a ton of money