High RBC and Hematocrit

KitaGains

Hi everyone,

I have a high RBC and a low ferritin count. Since my ferritin is low should I avoid donating blood?

Attached are my lab results.

Currently running 300mg test e and 150mg primo every 3 days IM.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4335.jpeg
    IMG_4335.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 21
It's not too high. This would be a hydration issue majority of the time. Drink more water and throw in some electrolytes. Definitely wouldn't say donating is necessary.

Hi everyone,

I have a high RBC and a low ferritin count. Since my ferritin is low should I avoid donating blood?

Attached are my lab results.

Currently running 300mg test e and 150mg primo every 3 days IM.

Thank you.

You have an iron deficiency how often do you give blood and when was the last time?

Definitely don't donate. But your ferritin isn't necessarily deficient. The reference range at that lab is 38 at the bottom. But mine is 30. Not saying it is optimal. But youre not exactly dying. You can supplement or otherwise increase that how u choose. But as @accidentaljedi173 said, hydrate. That will resolve the hgb hct levels.

I would also look into that platelet level. But, I know next to nothing about aside from too high and low are both deadly in some form or another. It is worth asking your doctor.

I would also look into that platelet level. But, I know next to nothing about aside from too high and low are both deadly in some form or another. It is worth asking your doctor.
I already tried my Endo and primary care doctor are useless unfortunately lol.

I'd love to give advice. Like take a baby aspirin to think blood, but I really don't know enough, and I don't want to be responsible for your death. Find a much better doc. They should be able to guide you. I would imagine. Or consult Google with your fingers crossed

Turns out anemia can increase platelets. Increasing that ferritin/iron level may help, and you may actually be anemic after all, at least by consulting google.. are u able to get an iron panel? With iron, tibc, uibc, iron sat%

I'd love to give advice. Like take a baby aspirin to think blood, but I really don't know enough, and I don't want to be responsible for your death. Find a much better doc. They should be able to guide you. I would imagine. Or consult Google with your fingers crossed
Been doing a small dose twice a day. I’m going to try to get my ferritin levels up. I imagine my rbc are working overdrive to compensate for the lack of it.

Been doing a small dose twice a day. I’m going to try to get my ferritin levels up. I imagine my rbc are working overdrive to compensate for the lack of it.
I have been using 5mL of this stuff per day

Attachments

• 17243710734864734273230124143354.jpg
    17243710734864734273230124143354.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 14
I have only donate twice in my life. I’m going to start adding red meat to my diet I’ve only been doing chicken and turkey.

Ok yeah don't donate. If diet doesn't help you can try iron Bisglycinate taken EOD first thing AM empty stomach. Try to avoid things fortified with iron as it’s not an ideal form of iron you want in your body. Whatever you do make sure to follow up with a more comprehensive iron panel and CBC panel make sure to drink lots of water before testing 2-4L or .5-1 gallon will rule out any dehydration