Highest bf% before you must cut?

Bigbicep

Hey everybody. What would you say is the highest amount of body fat you could have before you have to start cutting? I’m sitting inbetween 15-20% bf right now but I still want to pack on some more muscle

I don’t mind packing on some more fat

Last edited:
Depends on genetics, but for most males 20% is where that cut off point should be. At 25% I believe not only you look too soft and smooth, but also it starts to wreck up your health physiologically and psychologically.

Personally, I try to never pass 16%. I usually stay at 12-16% year round, it serves me well and I believe it fits me better than being ripped not to mention I feel better and way more optimal.

Lower than that I lose strength and energy, less drive to do something, hungrier than normal, feel deprived, skip events.

Higher than that, I feel shitty and dislike myself, mainly because I don't like the way I look. Feel too heavy and I have less appetite. I also want to naturally cut at this point.

I believe this for me is optimal. As always experiment and see where it's best for you.

Depends on genetics, but for most males 20% is where that cut off point should be. At 25% I believe not only you look too soft and smooth, but also it starts to wreck up your health physiologically and psychologically.

Personally, I try to never pass 16%. I usually stay at 12-16% year round, it serves me well and I believe it fits me better than being ripped not to mention I feel better and way more optimal.

Lower than that I lose strength and energy, less drive to do something, hungrier than normal, feel deprived, skip events.

Higher than that, I feel shitty and dislike myself, mainly because I don't like the way I look. Feel too heavy and I have less appetite. I also want to naturally cut at this point.

I believe this for me is optimal. As always experiment and see where it's best for you.
Nice cheers bro

I try to keep it under 17%. Not that I lift entirely for vanity, but if you don’t have visible abs, what’s the point? Haha

Personal preference. Above 12% is just really fat and smooth. No striations and veins popping, no fun.

Makes me feel worthless and disgusting (I understand that's just the voices but can't make them stop).

Personally after being a fat lazy fuck for so long, I’ll never let myself get above 15% ever again. If you don’t have deep-rooted psychological issues like myself, 15-20% is probably totally fine keep pushing. Shit I’d like to see you squeeze out 5 more lbs of lean tissue, got my support

Personally after being a fat lazy fuck for so long, I’ll never let myself get above 15% ever again. If you don’t have deep-rooted psychological issues like myself, 15-20% is probably totally fine keep pushing. Shit I’d like to see you squeeze out 5 more lbs of lean tissue, got my support
Dude being an ex fatty will fuck with ya. Any time I gain a little fluff after a vacation or something it’s like the body dysmorphia trickles in and the ghost of chubby past haunts me. Never again lol. Life is way more fun with abs.

15%

Appetite vanishes whenever I get to fat... Like my body sending a sign to me to stop eating or I'll be a fat cunt

15%

Appetite vanishes whenever I get to fat... Like my body sending a sign to me to stop eating or I'll be a fat cunt

I believe poor insulin sensitivity can cause loss of hunger, which would correlate with you losing your appetite when you get too fat.

OP don’t get too fat. The cut sucks. I feel like I’ve been cutting for ever and I still have so long to go. Many regrets.