Is my trt too high?

So use a clinic for my trt. Used to just self prescribe. Currently on 160 mgs test c. Pin Mon and Thur. Got bloods on wed for my trough level and t was 1100. Is that too high. Blood work looks good only thing is elevated RBC. Not sure if I should drop down to 150 or even lower though?

So use a clinic for my trt. Used to just self prescribe. Currently on 160 mgs test c. Pin Mon and Thur. Got bloods on wed for my trough level and t was 1100. Is that too high. Blood work looks good only thing is elevated RBC. Not sure if I should drop down to 150 or even lower though?
If you are feeling good, then it's perfect. If not, add a gram or so. Send it.

Your clinic should be taking the ranes on this discussion but 1100 is just a hair above the normal average ranges from 350-1070 depending on what source you’re citing. So that would mean you’re just barely in the high category now for TRT.

This really boils down to long term goals and risk tollerance. If you don’t plan on blasting and want solid steady gains while accepting the risks of bieng a hair into the high test group, keep it. On the other hand if this is a long term health play then I tend to hear 800 as a common and still high average number. Again though, your clinic should be earning their pay here and advising you with a long term TRT plan not some online forum.

PS: I’m not in medical but from these forums it seems everyone converts T at different rates so there isn’t really a universal 100mg=800 total T

Last edited:
How you feel and how are bloods? I would drop to 140mg test for RBC and if they normalize, you went to 900ng and still felt good, I would stay there.

Your clinic should be taking the ranes on this discussion but 1100 is just a hair above the normal average ranges from 350-1070 depending on what source you’re citing. So that would mean you’re just barely in the high category now for TRT.

This really boils down to long term goals and risk tollerance. If you don’t plan on blasting and want solid steady gains while accepting the risks of bieng a hair into the high test group, keep it. On the other hand if this is a long term health play then I tend to hear 800 as a common and still high average number. Again though, your clinic should be earning their pay here and advising you with a long term TRT plan not some online forum.

PS: I’m not in medical but from these forums it seems everyone converts T at different rates so there isn’t really a universal 100mg=800 total T
Idk about ur country. In mine the range is from 300-950. My natty test was 350. On 100mg per week my life was completly different.

125mg per week TRT? Sure
150mg? Nah bro my opinion

And its so easy to find ur TRT. Just throw money at bloodtests lol

Last edited:
Why be liver boy, when you can be liver king ??

Stay where you’re at like the others said If you feel fine.

I did “trt” at doses of 100-125 to get me to troughs at 700-900. Didn’t feel much better than before trt so I said fuck it and now I do 200mg a week with 1mg ai.

Trough 1300-1400 and e2 25-30. Feel great.

I did “trt” at doses of 100-125 to get me to troughs at 700-900. Didn’t feel much better than before trt so I said fuck it and now I do 200mg a week with 1mg ai.

Yea you didnt feel better cuz you rolled the dice with natural test... you only see the power of TRT with low T!

Yea but if ya need 150+ mg ur very unlucky or are cruizing not TRTing. I aint no doctor but ppl in 2024 be on 500mg and claiming TRT.

But yea i agree, everyone is different
Yes your definitely not a doctor. 160 -200 mg is a normal starting dose at many US clinics. Yes, 500 mg is not "TRT" for the vast majority of patients. We are all bio unique.

Thats the attitude winner! Agreed. At 160 a week.....I felt better. At 260...like I am 18 again. It is not lost on me that estrogen does need some controlling but the purpose of TRT is to feel better. If I can feel and train like I am young again with minimal estrogen support then why not feel good! Last bloodwork was at about 1300 with free T in the 150 range. Best I have felt in a decade and besides my estrogen being out of range, all other bloodwork was excellent or improving.

Says who lol, not trying to be an ass but people respond differently. That’s why people have different doses even from the same doctor/clinic.
I think he's comparing to the average male Testosterone levels. So the average is something like ~500ng/dl then technically yes that's where ~100mg per week would put most people, not counting in the outliers or over responders.

But I think nobody wants to be an average, certainly not me. So, in reality to achieve closer to desirable 800-1200, we obviously need more. A true trt perhaps is therefore 125-150mg/week. Enhanced trt or trt+ is 200-250mg/week. Nobody should really cross this line if he doesn't want to venture in to mini cycle territory. Again for most people, not counting in the outliers.

Don't treat the numbers ONLY. Numbers are just a starting point. If I have 1200ng and feel like shit, but at 900ng I feel optimal, I am going with 900ng every time.

I function better on 125mg Test D e5d. Optimal. Feel great, fuck better, mood is better, skin, everything. At 250mg e7d I feel slightly off. Not shit, but off. I choose 125mg.

Don't treat the numbers ONLY. Numbers are just a starting point. If I have 1200ng and feel like shit, but at 900ng I feel optimal, I am going with 900ng every time.

I function better on 125mg Test D e5d. Optimal. Feel great, fuck better, mood is better, skin, everything. At 250mg e7d I feel slightly off. Not shit, but off. I choose 125mg.
Totally agree man. That's very important for most guys to understand.

I feel a bit better at 1000ng, but I choose a bit more in the zone of 1200's. I feel more advantage and mental edge here, but not too much to what 1500's produce, I don't need that much. I sacrifice some for peformance, but I still feel damn good overall. I believe that's what matters.

Max natural trt is 100mg per week...
Not even close dude.

some guys are blessed with naturally high testosterone levels.

If some of the genetically gifted testosterone level guys were to shut off their natural production and replace it with 100mg a week it could possibly end up giving them lower testosterone levels than their natural levels.

Yea you didnt feel better cuz you rolled the dice with natural test... you only see the power of TRT with low T!
If you hate testosterone so much there’s estradiol injections available. Maybe you should try that.

If some of the genetically gifted testosterone level guys were to shut off their natural production and replace it with 100mg a week it could possibly end up giving them lower testosterone levels than their natural
Then you dont need TRT hahah, rather you want the anabolic effect of testosterone, which ofc you want more.. TRT is not for everyone, it was for me.

Then you dont need TRT hahah, rather you want the anabolic effect of testosterone, which ofc you want more.. TRT is not for everyone, it was for me.
Okay?

Still doesn’t change the fact your statement

100mg test a week is the max natural trt dose is wrong.

Sure 100/7 is 14 mg of test a day. But actually only 10mg a day because 100 mg test is actually only 70mg testosterone. And most guys produce what 3-11mg a day ?

But the above ^ doesn’t even matter because that’s not how max natural trt numbers work with a set testosterone dosage of 100mg a week as the natural limit.

Apples, oranges, how about bananas anybody? Maybe an avocado?

The amount of random advice in this thread based on "nothing" is staggering. But that's what you get when you such a question on an aas board.

OP didn't mention one important biomarker; shbg, nor did he mention any other parameters of his protocol. At 1100 through, peak is probably around 1500. Both of which would be called "sports trt" aka trt + unless his SHBG is high, 80+, which is unlikely as pinning androgens lower's shbg, he is well in to the supraphysiological range of free androgens. Probably somewhere around 2 to 5x. Presumably. IF his doctors are calculating all of this for him, and if it's not one of those american trt clinics, then he's probably fine.

A trt dose should fall in the range of 600 - 750 ng dl. Those are normal healthy numbers. 800+ are outliers, 1000+ are rare and usually have shbg of 70 to a 100. When you want to cycle you push beyond those numbers, but for staying healthy, keeping your free androgen index close to or within physiological range should be the best practice.

@glutesforthesloots post your albumin and shbg so we can calc your free T. I'd also like to see your iron panel and cbc.

Apples, oranges, how about bananas anybody? Maybe an avocado?

The amount of random advice in this thread based on "nothing" is staggering. But that's what you get when you such a question on an aas board.

OP didn't mention one important biomarker; shbg, nor did he mention any other parameters of his protocol. At 1100 through, peak is probably around 1500. Both of which would be called "sports trt" aka trt + unless his SHBG is high, 80+, which is unlikely as pinning androgens lower's shbg, he is well in to the supraphysiological range of free androgens. Probably somewhere around 2 to 5x. Presumably. IF his doctors are calculating all of this for him, and if it's not one of those american trt clinics, then he's probably fine.

A trt dose should fall in the range of 600 - 750 ng dl. Those are normal healthy numbers. 800+ are outliers, 1000+ are rare and usually have shbg of 70 to a 100. When you want to cycle you push beyond those numbers, but for staying healthy, keeping your free androgen index close to or within physiological range should be the best practice.

@glutesforthesloots post your albumin and shbg so we can calc your free T. I'd also like to see your iron panel and cbc.

Thanks man yea I'll post all that. I do my own blood work a few times a year. My clinic checks my 3 times a year. This was just a blood test I did on my own but I'm getting bloods done from my clinic right after the holidays so I'll post the results.

My e2 was a little high with this trt. No ai and at 47. So maybe I'll lower the test dose a bit so I don't have to use an ai.

Back