Kcal help

MrGTO

So ive been doing good recomping so far but i really have been struggling with an accurate way to know how many calories i should be using. I started off way to low using just bmr and killed my metabolism.

Is there a more accurate calculator you guys use to determine kcal? I have used a couple from the google and i have gotten a wide variety of results.

I was a fat ass because i had let myself go and was lazy. I am just trying to get very lean and strong right now.

I am 5wks in on 200 test e / 300 mast e / 280 tren a / 5ui gh split

Here are my stats.

5’10”
210lbs
Under 15% bf according to 7 pt caliper test…

PPL x 2/wk heavy/light

2000cal diet 45% P 35% C 20% F using my fitness pal to track

Cardio is stationary bike 5x week minimum 300cal burned according to hrm i also take kick boxing and boxing classes 1-2 times a week.

I started in Aug to get my ass back into shape. The first couple months i only had bands and body weight. I have dumbbells and a adjustable bench now i am currently building a home gym so my training will definitely be improving. F89C17F4-9BAC-4267-8FCF-5FCE5144C511.jpegA3BDCB00-26E4-4E39-9F96-3BD5529ECC0E.jpeg

I would not use a calculator. Go by results in your photos (or mirror). If you see results at the two week point, continue without changing anything until you stall. Then add cardio or subtract fats and carbs. Always keep protein high.

Looks like a good change in the before and after above, but you will stall as things go on. A calculator may not be able to tell you what to do. It gets harder to lose fat as you lose more of it.

I would not use a calculator. Go by results in your photos (or mirror). If you see results at the two week point, continue without changing anything until you stall. Then add cardio or subtract fats and carbs. Always keep protein high.

Looks like a good change in the before and after above, but you will stall as things go on. A calculator may not be able to tell you what to do. It gets harder to lose fat as you lose more of it.
Like he said, go by your own bodys feedback and adjust accordingly. Theres too many variables at play for these calculators to be anywhere close to accurate. Trial and error is the name of the game.

Also, get your wife or somebody to take pictures of your back doing a pose or two (rear lat spread, rear double bicep). That will tell you a lot about how you are progressing on getting lean, because you can't see that in the mirror when you brush your teeth in the morning.

Thanks for the input. Does 2k calories sound ok at where i am at to you? I feel like its low compared to others in my body range but i know everyone is different.

I am pretty happy for a 6 month push with zero actual gym time. I am excited to see where i can go when i get my home gym setup. I forgot how much i loved lifting and the mental clarity it brings.

Also, get your wife or somebody to take pictures of your back doing a pose or two (rear lat spread, rear double bicep). That will tell you a lot about how you are progressing on getting lean, because you can't see that in the mirror when you brush your teeth in the morning.
Unfortunately i will not be married much longer but my kids love that i am working out again so they will be my photographers.

They all do abs with me when we are watching tv in the evening. Its hilarious to watch but its fun for them and i am glad they are interested.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Does 2k calories sound ok at where i am at to you? I feel like its low compared to others in my body range but i know everyone is different.

I am pretty happy for a 6 month push with zero actual gym time. I am excited to see where i can go when i get my home gym setup. I forgot how much i loved lifting and the mental clarity it brings.
It sounds low, but it is hard for me to say as everybody's body is different. My own body is different based on my age, and even how far into a cut I am.

If you want to push up the calories some, push up protein. You can push it pretty much as high as you want without negatively affecting your cut. Indeed, many of us have found that high protein positively affects our cut.

You can't really get fat on pounds of grilled chicken breast.

Get in the gym!

High protein diet, 4 sets of 20 reps on squats, fasted cardio . . . you get the idea.

High protein signals the body to retain muscle.

Steroids signal the body to retain muscle.

Resistance training signals the body to retain muscle.

You don't want to skip any of those 3.

The gym thing is the hardest for me. I basically am a single dad of 3 and own my own business so time limited. Thats why i am pushing the home gym. I will have a power rack, bumper weights, dumbbells and all the landmine accessories. I hope to have it up and running in a month if i can get a minute to set it up and build a platform.

The gym thing is the hardest for me. I basically am a single dad of 3 and own my own business so time limited. Thats why i am pushing the home gym. I will have a power rack, bumper weights, dumbbells and all the landmine accessories. I hope to have it up and running in a month if i can get a minute to set it up and build a platform.
Kids come first, MrGTO, I get it. Be a good father. Spend time with them. I don't know how old they are, but that time with them will fly by before you know it, and you can never get back that opportunity if you miss it.

Kids come first, MrGTO, I get it. Be a good father. Spend time with them. I don't know how old they are, but that time with them will fly by before you know it, and you can never get back that opportunity if you miss it.
9,8&6 ive got my hands full. Its amazing how fast its gone so far and it only seems to go faster every year. They are digging me getting back into shape so when i get the garage gym up and running i hope to get them out there doing pull ups and stuff they can do to maybe get them interested in fitness. They all ride mountain bikes with me so they are little rippers already. I just got in a bad place because of some major health issues and i got depressed and gave up for awhile.