Keto Preworkout

JoeBlob12

I’ve been making my own preworkout to get away from the carbs and artificial sweetener that goes in all the pwo on the market. As of right now I have been taking:
3.2g beta alanine
4 grams l-citrulline
3g creatine hcl
Caffeine

I like it so far and it gives me a good pump without the presence of carbs but my question is with the l-citrulline. From strictly a pump/blood flow standpoint, is citrulline the best addition to my pwo? Or would l-arginine be better? Or a combo of both.. I’m a little confused on which compound does what for the body and I want to perfect this pwo because I like it so far. I’m mostly concerned with blood flow and pump.

As far as ingredients go, I have done some research and it seems like the best bang for buck is truenutrition. Does anyone else have any recommendations for raw powder with quality ingredients?

I’ve been making my own preworkout to get away from the carbs and artificial sweetener that goes in all the pwo on the market. As of right now I have been taking:
3.2g beta alanine
4 grams l-citrulline
3g creatine hcl
Caffeine

I like it so far and it gives me a good pump without the presence of carbs but my question is with the l-citrulline. From strictly a pump/blood flow standpoint, is citrulline the best addition to my pwo? Or would l-arginine be better? Or a combo of both.. I’m a little confused on which compound does what for the body and I want to perfect this pwo because I like it so far. I’m mostly concerned with blood flow and pump.

As far as ingredients go, I have done some research and it seems like the best bang for buck is truenutrition. Does anyone else have any recommendations for raw powder with quality ingredients?

Using both is great. Arginine is instant. Citriline works through the kidneys so it’s kina like a “time delayed” Vaso diolater

I would suggest to add in some beet root pills. 2-3 grams about 1 hour prior to workout.

Also- fun fact: creatine is better absorbed with carbohydrates.

Using both is great. Arginine is instant. Citriline works through the kidneys so it’s kina like a “time delayed” Vaso diolater

I would suggest to add in some beet root pills. 2-3 grams about 1 hour prior to workout.

Also- fun fact: creatine is better absorbed with carbohydrates.
I’ll look into the beet root. From my understanding, sodium absorbes creatine just as well - which I have plenty of.

This was my first thought. Stay away from emptying pills though. Invest in a dehydrator and make your own powder or buy in bulk.

I use the following -

Arganine 4g
Ornithine 4g
Beta 3g
Citriline 2.5g

Breakdown above is what it works out to per serving. I make a couple months worth at a time. Beet and green powder are basically just really beneficial fillers.

No caffeine, but it could obviously be added. I just don't like being reliant on it.

Like if a tree fell on my buddy.

"Just hang tight, bro. I'm taking my pre and warming up. I'll get that shit off ya...in about twenty minutes. Soon as that Beta and shit kicks in."

Plus I build tolerances really fast, so it loses effect inside of a couple weeks.

I want to say glycerol gets converted to glucose in the liver via gluconeogenesis and it takes several grams (4-5) to be effective.
That makes sense which is why I worded it like that

I figured there was as a reason it wasn't included in your mix

This was my first thought. Stay away from emptying pills though. Invest in a dehydrator and make your own powder or buy in bulk.

I use the following -

Arganine 4g
Ornithine 4g
Beta 3g
Citriline 2.5g

Breakdown above is what it works out to per serving. I make a couple months worth at a time. Beet and green powder are basically just really beneficial fillers.

No caffeine, but it could obviously be added. I just don't like being reliant on it.

Like if a tree fell on my buddy.

"Just hang tight, bro. I'm taking my pre and warming up. I'll get that shit off ya...in about twenty minutes. Soon as that Beta and shit kicks in."

Plus I build tolerances really fast, so it loses effect inside of a couple weeks.

Beet root is one of the strongest nitrates. Not sure if I would say it’s a filler.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what is defined as a filler?

Not knocking it as an ingredient in it's own right. Mostly just implying that if you're looking for a good base to make the bulk of your pre/post it's a good option.

Only good things.

3.2g beta alanine
4 grams l-citrulline
3g creatine hcl
Caffeine

6DFBF68C-9325-4B72-B4D9-721D668A542F.gif
I’ve been using this religiously for years.
IMO Nutrabio pre is the most complete pwo out there. Especially the B vitamins and pump complex with a gram of agmatine sulfate which is amazing and usually expensive on its own. Anyway it’s got a ton of caffeine but it’s clean and not jittery at all. Good shit!

View attachment 106639
I’ve been using this religiously for years.
IMO Nutrabio pre is the most complete pwo out there. Especially the B vitamins and pump complex with a gram of agmatine sulfate which is amazing and usually expensive on its own. Anyway it’s got a ton of caffeine but it’s clean and not jittery at all. Good shit!
That looks great as far as I can see. I’m not super knowledgeable when it comes to supplements though. The only thing that I don’t like is the artificial flavoring and the sucralose. I wish I could get this product without any flavoring or sweetener.
Looks like it has about 5g carbs per serving. That’s toeing the line for where I’m at in my keto journey. I would prefer <1.

Great thread topic. I’ve been doing keto for over a year. Life changing. Intermittent fasting has worked wonders along with it. I’d love a great pre workout with low carbs. Often for me its just been coffee but not enough imo. How are you keto guys timing your workouts with best results? I’ve done fasted weight training and it’s been ok, but haven’t done it enough to look for results. I find myself more often training after evening meals. I’ve more often done fasted cardio.

Great thread topic. I’ve been doing keto for over a year. Life changing. Intermittent fasting has worked wonders along with it. I’d love a great pre workout with low carbs. Often for me its just been coffee but not enough imo. How are you keto guys timing your workouts with best results? I’ve done fasted weight training and it’s been ok, but haven’t done it enough to look for results. I find myself more often training after evening meals. I’ve more often done fasted cardio.
Keto has done wonders for me too. I do a type of intermittent fasting everyday. I don’t eat past 5pm and then I drink NDK bulletproof coffee in the morning (so while I’m consuming calories in the morning, it does not create an insulin spike - so it’s more of an insulin fast). Then I workout “fasted” and eat lunch post workout. I don’t enjoy working out completely fasted it’s just not enjoyable for me.

How are your pumps in the gym on keto?

My pumps have been decent. I took a cycle of NPP with Test cyp for 14 weeks and pumps were off the charts. Off cycle still good but not as great but no noticable muscle loss as of yet. I notice if I fast most if day and eat all my daily carbs around my evening workout my pumps are much better.

This reminds me... I’m going to start another thread in the steroid forum about cycling on keto. As much as I would love to run tren I would probably die so I’m looking for other options and experience.

That looks great as far as I can see. I’m not super knowledgeable when it comes to supplements though. The only thing that I don’t like is the artificial flavoring and the sucralose. I wish I could get this product without any flavoring or sweetener.
Looks like it has about 5g carbs per serving. That’s toeing the line for where I’m at in my keto journey. I would prefer <1.
Yeah man they make a natural version.
Still 5g carbs though, lol :p