Longest safe time on cardarine / gw501516

me4ka86

I've been taking cardarine/gw501516 at 10mg for 8 weeks. I find it gives good endurance boost and think of continuing. Is it safe to be on it for long periods? How long have you run it?

0 days. It's a research chemical, so nobody knows the safety profile. Might be totally safe to take indefinitely, might raise cancer risk after 4 weeks of use. Anyone claiming to have the answer is making shit up based on some rat studies.

The “cancerine” stuff is all from rat studies at absurd mg/kg doses; nobody knows. I have anecdotally seen cardarine contribute remedying some cardiac remodeling/ejection fraction issues in some individuals at low doses for long periods. But that’s anecdotal.

We’re on our own with this.

You realize it doesn't translate linearly mg to mg, rat to human? You can reference the study and I'll do the conversion for you.
If you wanna take narrow scope rat studies as proof positive for results in humans that’s on you. The studies have extreme limitations, that is all I’m saying.

If you wanna take narrow scope rat studies as proof positive for results in humans that’s on you. The studies have extreme limitations, that is all I’m saying.

I realize that was the gist of your comment, yes. But, what you were saying is "absurd dosages" were used and by that statement, you invalidated the "rat studies" and what I'm saying now is: your opinion on rat studies is thus completely irrelevant, if you don't even know, that dosages don't translate linearly. You're stating something with a lot of certainty - but that is purely your opinion, it has little to nothing to do with reality and you should denote it as such. Lot's of readers here on meso, take such confidently written words to heart and don't research further.

Yes, I want to take rat studies as a possible indicator of a mechanism of action, that MAY translate to humans. It has merit and it doesn't matter if you, in all your expertise, pharmaceutical knowledge, don't think so. You're being defensive, instead of acknowledging an honest mistake (you're not the first one who's done it) you diverted the argument.

If I remember correctly, the rat dosages translated to something like 10mg's for my body weight. And yes, rat studies are an indicator of possible outcomes on humans; it's why we do them.

I wanna use it badly but the cancer studies are stopping me from doing it.
It improve lipids and endurance in rats it also causes cancer in rats , so wouldn't we assume is the same for humans?

Also can be taken once pre event style would it still work ? Like a pre workout

I wanna use it badly but the cancer studies are stopping me from doing it.
It improve lipids and endurance in rats it also causes cancer in rats , so wouldn't we assume is the same for humans?

Also can be taken once pre event style would it still work ? Like a pre workout

In the rat study i believe the rats were given 10mg. This would equate 200-400mg for a human.

for the once pre event question it acts pretty quickly. i felt it the first time, but in 2-3 days it gets better. it gives you a bit more endurance and air. in my case when on 1500calories and doing 1 hour morning cardio and train in the evening this push cardarine gives helps.

From the Geiger rat study that everyone loves to misrepresent, all doses trialled were associated with various cancers (e.g., stomach squamous cell papilloma in males at 5 mg/kg/day, the lowest dose trialled). 5 mg/kg/day in rat is equivalent to 0.81 mg/kg/day in adult man (the opposite of how it's reported), or ~65 mg daily for an 80 kg man.

The lowest dose (3 mg/kg) in females was shown to be carcinogenic. A 3 mg/kg/day cardarine dose is equivalent to ~24 mg daily for a 50 kg (110 lb) woman.

Anyhow, rodent carcinogenicity assays are not intended for assessing dose/response in man; instead, they are used to screen for potentially dangerous (carcinogenic) drugs. Since cardarine is profoundly carcinogenic it was not pursued to market.

See Bond, P. The Rise and Fall of Cardarine (GW501516). Sep 2021. Source: The Rise and Fall of Cardarine (GW501516) - MESO-Rx

Last edited:
From the Geiger rat study that everyone loves to misrepresent, all doses trialled were associated with various cancers (e.g., stomach squamous cell papilloma in males at 5 mg/kg/day, the lowest dose trialled). 5 mg/kg/day in rat is equivalent to 0.81 mg/kg/day in adult man (the opposite of how it's reported), or ~65 mg daily for an 80 kg man.

The lowest dose (3 mg/kg) in females was shown to be carcinogenic. A 3 mg/kg/day cardarine dose is equivalent to ~24 mg daily for a 50 kg (110 lb) woman.

Anyhow, rodent carcinogenicity assays are not intended for assessing dose/response in man; instead, they are used to screen for potentially dangerous (carcinogenic) drugs. Since cardarine is profoundly carcinogenic it was not pursued to market.

See Bond, P. The Rise and Fall of Cardarine (GW501516). Sep 2021. Source: The Rise and Fall of Cardarine (GW501516) - MESO-Rx
So the way I understand this, is that we almost sure that it causes cancer

So the way I understand this, is that we almost sure that it causes cancer
There's really no "almost" here, we absolutely know it causes cancer.

Just as heavy tobacco smoking does not assure cancer, Cardarine use does not assure cancer (but certainly causes it).