NaOH for buffering?

RapidRoy

Hey all,

I am trying to make NAD+ injectable solution. When I mix with bacteriostatic water, about 2 ml, very little, dissolves and litmus shows its quite acidic. Yes, I have tried more water, no dissolving. I was told to make a 10g/1000ml solution of NaOH. It does raise pH to 5 or 6 and helps dissolving, I am just curious if this is safe because I have to add 6-7ml of the NaOH solution to get completely dissolved. Does anyone have any experience using???

Thanks

Hey all,

I am trying to make NAD+ injectable solution. When I mix with bacteriostatic water, about 2 ml, very little, dissolves and litmus shows its quite acidic. Yes, I have tried more water, no dissolving. I was told to make a 10g/1000ml solution of NaOH. It does raise pH to 5 or 6 and helps dissolving, I am just curious if this is safe because I have to add 6-7ml of the NaOH solution to get completely dissolved. Does anyone have any experience using???

Thanks
Try using baking soda instead of naoh, itll do the same thing but is safer and wont turn your mouth to soap if you accidently ingest it.

This may be a dumb question, never brewed before and stumbled upon this thread. If you brew with bacteriostatic water do you have to sterilize after?
Next stop is the tutorials on brewing but figured I'd ask this before I forget about it

This may be a dumb question, never brewed before and stumbled upon this thread. If you brew with bacteriostatic water do you have to sterilize after?
Next stop is the tutorials on brewing but figured I'd ask this before I forget about it
Bacsteriostatic water will keep newstuff from growing, but if there is already contamination it might not be enough to kill it.

Always filter your brews before injection or storage.

Yeah just did some reading, I had no idea there's not some sort of pastuerization step. I reckon it'd wreck the compounds. I'm coming from a fungi growing background so it's a bit more tedious of a process. Thanks for the info.

Hey all,

Thanks
I used baking soda for injectable L-Carnetine and worked nicely. You can buy a phmeter for pennies on Amazon.