Pin infection

Stayingbig

I have an infection in my thigh from a pin. Does anybody know if Docycycline Hyclate will cure it? I have the Doxycycline so that’s why I’m trying to find out. Thanks!

Doxycycline is good for stds and preventing malaria and good for any bacterial infection so it’s probably good for your infection.

I’d take it if I knew it was an actual infection… cud just be pip tho

I’ve been pinning for 10yrs now and have been lucky so far. I’ve never had anything like this so I’m pretty sure it’s infected. I figured the Doxy would work, but I wanted to ask in case another member ran across the same situation before. Thank!

I’ve been pinning for 10yrs now and have been lucky so far. I’ve never had anything like this so I’m pretty sure it’s infected. I figured the Doxy would work, but I wanted to ask in case another member ran across the same situation before. Thank!
I’ve ran doxy before… not for a pin infection… but yeah go for it… make sure it doesn’t interact with any medicine you’re teking…

You can’t take doxy and accutane together cause it increases risk for swelling of the brain and permanent blindness or even death…

So look up any other drugs you’re taking and see if it interferes with the doxy first…

I’ve ran doxy before… not for a pin infection… but yeah go for it… make sure it doesn’t interact with any medicine you’re teking…

You can’t take doxy and accutane together cause it increases risk for swelling of the brain and permanent blindness or even death…

So look up any other drugs you’re taking and see if it interferes with the doxy first…
Well shit, I’ve ran those side by side a few times

Well shit, I’ve ran those side by side a few times
Damn bro… you are lucky … next time I don’t recommend that… when I had my doxy called into the pharmacy they told me they are legally not allowed to dispense it to me until I confirmed I wasn’t on accutane..

If the type of infection you have is cured with doxy then it may work if you take enough for long enough. If not it wont. No way to know without a culture. I have been pinning weekly or daily for 24 years and never had an infection.

You got some decent advice OP but a doc will tell you how long you need to take the doxy for. Like @buck said, if you stop too soon you can be in a world of hurt.

How exactly do you know you have an infection and not say an allergic reaction to your pin or the carrier oil, etc?

If it were me, I would go to the doc even with the doxy at hand.

Med student: I would not take Doxycycline for an intra-muscular infection. The drug excels are in treating infections in and around epithelial tissues as well as malaria. Go to a doctor, rapid care places are cheap and so are antibiotics. If you don't want to disclose gear usage tell them you bought some vet grade vitamin B12 on amazon cause you read online it would improve your energy levels or some other BS.

I’d just rather take care of it myself
You clearly have no idea how to do it if you have to ask online.

Go to the doctor, or could just gamble.

Take some half ass antibiotics, let the infection make you septic or with necrotic tissue, and then you can take a long vacation from the gym with a big Chunk of your leg muscle missing.

Clearly you should get this looked at by a professional.

But I’m curious, are you swabbing your injection site with alcohol before you pin? Are you also swabbing the stopper on the vial?

There was an unsanitary condition that led to your infection. Maybe it was a one off thing and you’re doing everything clean, but you need to address this or it may happen again.

Edit: Maybe the oil?

anyone not wanting to go to a doctor you can buy amoxicillin and cephalexin fish tank antibiotics at pet food stores or online at chewy.com. just used the ceph to treat a uti. its the exact same thing at the same doses in the pills u would use for humans lol

But I’m curious, are you swabbing your injection site with alcohol before you pin? Are you also swabbing the stopper on the vial?

There was an unsanitary condition that led to your infection. Maybe it was a one off thing and you’re doing everything clean, but you need to address this or it may happen again.

Most likely one of those. But germs can get into the body many ways. Biting the cheek or tongue, splinter,cut etc. And then float around the body till the body destroys it or it finds a place to land and starts growing. I had a car accident a few years ago and the seat belts grabbed the skin and when my body slide forward a bit it caused a shearing between the skin and muscle and a pocked formed. some germs got in and swelling and infection.

I swab the jig and the injection site with 91% alcohol and use a different swab for each.

Just an update. I cleared out the infection using the Doxycycline Hyclate that I had at home. I took 200mg twice a day and it cleared up.

Sponsors

Latest posts