planning first cycle for april 2023, analysis

anabolicnoobie

I am 5 10.75" and 17% bf at 172lbs. By april I should recomp to around <14% bf at around 170lbs. 200g protein/day at 2800 calories which is a slight caloric deficit for me. I eat clean and track everything I eat. My goal for this cycle is to maximize lean tissue gain. I would like to be around 190lbs at around 11% bf eventually.

My cycle goes as follows:

Week 0:
  • Get bloodwork done to establish baseline
Week 1 Block 1:
  • Anavar 25mg @ 15mg AM/10mg PM ED
Week 2-7:
  • Test E 500mg @ 125mg Mon AM, 125mg Wed AM, 125mg Fri AM, 125mg Sat PM
  • Anavar 25mg @ 15mg AM/10mg PM ED
  • HCG 1000 IU @ 500 IU Monday AM, 500 IU Thursday PM
  • Arimidex 1mg on hand to control e2. Deployed E3D at .25mg when needed. Dosage and frequency adjusted as necessary.
  • If extreme gyno sides then nolvadex 20mg deployed ED until gyno symptoms subside usually in 7-12 days. Continue taking for 3 days after symptoms subside .
Week 8-15 Block 2:
  • Test E 500mg @ 125mg Mon AM, 125mg Wed AM, 125mg Fri AM, 125mg Sat PM
  • Primo E 300mg @ 100mg Monday AM, 100mg Wed AM, 100mg Fri AM
  • Arimidex 1mg on hand to control e2. Deployed E3D at .25mg when needed. Dosage and frequency adjusted as necessary.
  • If extreme gyno sides then nolvadex 20mg deployed ED until gyno symptoms subside usually in 7-12 days. Continue taking for 3 days after symptoms subside .
Week 16-18:
  • Run Daily Natty Stack for 2 months (tongkat, fadogia, tribulus, zinc, boron, etc)
Week 19-24 PCT:
  • Enclomiphene 12.5mg ED/12.5mg ED/12.5mg EOD/12.5mg EOD/12.5mg EOD/12.5mg EOD
  • Nolvadex 10mg ED/10mg ED/10mg ED/10mg ED/10mg ED/10mg ED
Week 28:
  • Get bloodwork done 4 weeks post PCT to compare to baseline
  • evaluate if I need to continue enclomiphene + nolvadex

Compounds taken throughout cycle:
  • 4g oral L carnitine L tartarate
  • 14g EAA’s
  • 1200mg NAC
  • 1g TUDCA ONLY while taking anavar
  • 2g taurine to help with intense pumps from anavar, if I get them
  • 600mg Alpha gpc
  • 300mg Ubiquionol
  • High oral bioavailability multi vitamin
  • 1.5g Citrus bergamot
  • 1.5g Omega 3
  • 25mg Zinc glycinate
  • 200mg Magnesium glycinate
  • 2500mcg K complex
  • 5g Creatine

Notes:
- I will eat at a caloric surplus, probably around 3300 calories.
- I originally was going to start at 300mg test and titrate upwards but there's no point in shutting myself down and fucking around with dosages so I've decided it would be better to start and stay at 500mg so I can best learn how to deal with aromatization without having to change dosages of AI's constantly due to titrating test levels.
- the purpose of block one is to evaluate and learn how to manage e2. I chose anavar as a kickstart because it doesn't aromatize and I want more gains.
- the purpose of hcg is to keep testes active/make PCT easier and offer a higher rate of success
- I added primo in block 2 since it's well tolerated and doesn't aromatize. By the time I hit block two I will have a decent grasp on dealing with e2. Primo might have a slight AI effect on e2 so i'll drop any use of AI when adding primo and wait until I get high e2 signs to reintroduce an AI.
- I will up my caloric intake by 200 calories at week 8 in order to further maximize anabolism

All looks good- but I'm not as seasoned as others here so they will have to confirm.

1 thing to note- you better hope you don't aromatize like a bitch because 1000UI HCG every week along with half a gram of test is going to hit those nipples like sledgehammer if you do.(Your nolva won't always save you if it's too late)

My first cycle was 350 test and I grew like a weed- I'd urge you to consider lowering both your test and HCG dose.
Furthermore- how much will you run on your next cycle? 750? Then 1 gram? Start low so you have room to raise the ceiling on your dosages within future cycles.

*What's your age?
How long have you been training?
What are your max lifts?
How long have you been hovering @170lbs @5'11?
Most people who say they are 10% are usually 15%. And people who say they are 15% are 20%. Throw some physique pics up on the thread.*

Last edited:
All looks good- but I'm not as seasoned as others here so they will have to confirm.

1 thing to note- you better hope you don't aromatize like a bitch because 1000UI HCG every week along with half a gram of test is going to hit those nipples like sledgehammer if you do.(Your nolva won't always save you if it's too late)

My first cycle was 350 test and I grew like a weed- I'd urge you to consider lowering both your test and HCG dose.
Furthermore- how much will you run on your next cycle? 750? Then 1 gram? Start low so you have room to raise the ceiling on your dosages within future cycles.

*What's your age?
How long have you been training?
What are your max lifts?
How long have you been hovering @170lbs @5'11?
Most people who say they are 10% are usually 15%. And people who say they are 15% are 20%. Throw some physique pics up on the thread.*
I had that concern as well. Perhaps I should start HCG after two or three weeks to try and prolong the inevitable as long as possible? I do have ample supply of nolvadex and arimidex though.

- I'm 21 years
- I weight trained from age 15-18 on and off, was a national swimmer so I was more focused on cardio and pool time rather than weights.
- My current max lifts are 225 on bench and 405 on deadlift
- I am currently in a recomp phase. the past two years I haven't touched a weight, up until one month ago when I started to lift again. I was in a toxic relationship and took many drugs of all kinds and wasted two years of my life

Last edited:
Honestly man you are absolutely no where near ready to use gear. Pack on another quality 30lbs first which can be easily done with food and training. Looking at where you are now, your training and diet really need to be dialed in first. Not just on paper, but in how you execute the movements

Honestly man you are absolutely no where near ready to use gear. Pack on another quality 30lbs first which can be easily done with food and training. Looking at where you are now, your training and diet really need to be dialed in first. Not just on paper, but in how you execute the movements
That would take at a minimum two probably three years we're all here on mesorx pinning for different reasons

THIS! Not being rude, but you are a novice lifter. Extremely novice! If you lock down a diet and routine you will put on muscle easily for the next couple years without touching gear.

I’m not going to critique your cycle. Not because it’s good or bad, but only because you don’t need it. You need to learn work ethic, form, diet, and consistency in the gym. These are the most important things you can acquire along this journey if you choose it. Once you get a handle on these you can choose whether or not you even need or want gear.

This lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time and enjoy learning along the journey. The knowledge always keeps coming, and you have plenty of time. Be safe brother.

@anabolicnoobie

At 21 yrs old, you're not going to get the g2g from anyone here. You have an athletic build- that much is certain. But as @Evom1 mentions, the foundation is not there. Not to mention, your mind and body is still developing.

Don't think you need to go taking AAS to get big just because some whore broke your heart.

You still have room to grow w/o drugs.

Good luck.

THIS! Not being rude, but you are a novice lifter. Extremely novice! If you lock down a diet and routine you will put on muscle easily for the next couple years without touching gear.

I’m not going to critique your cycle. Not because it’s good or bad, but only because you don’t need it. You need to learn work ethic, form, diet, and consistency in the gym. These are the most important things you can acquire along this journey if you choose it. Once you get a handle on these you can choose whether or not you even need or want gear.

This lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time and enjoy learning along the journey. The knowledge always keeps coming, and you have plenty of time. Be safe brother.
I appreciate it and yes I am very much so a novice/amateur lifter. hence why ive called myself the anabolicnoobie.
I just feel as though AAS would dramatically cut down the time in which I can reach or get close to my natty peak potential. And I get the added benefit of shoving it in my ex's face I sacrificed a lot for her and pushed everyone else away which is the dumbest fucking thing I couldve done but I did it and its been a real bitch living and dealing with the consequences.
I basically have nothing now and working out and building my physique is the only good thing in my life currently. I will resume uni starting next term but I am starting from essentially 0 when I used to be in the top 1%

@anabolicnoobie

At 21 yrs old, you're not going to get the g2g from anyone here. You have an athletic build- that much is certain. But as @Evom1 mentions, the foundation is not there. Not to mention, your mind and body is still developing.

Don't think you need to go taking AAS to get big just because some whore broke your heart.

You still have room to grow w/o drugs.

Good luck.
I was apprehensive in sharing my age and more details I understand the concern and the retarded idea of cycling at 21 but I feel as though I would benefit a lot from AAS and it will put me on the right track so I can get back on my feet and off to a strong start.

I pushed everyone away and I dont have support from anywhere or anyone except myself. I don't need anyone or anything to support me but I do feel like a loser/failure and this is one of the only things that I have control over in my life.

im honestly not sure how else I can move forward in a good state of mind. This will give me something to be passionate about and look forward to which is why I believe the pros outweigh the cons in my situation

You have clearly researched the subject and feels like you have already made the decision to do it. Few things I don't understand;
-What is the week 1 oral only for? You can get a feel for the stuff while pinning Test E before it kicks in the first week or two.
-Why is Primo only used in the latter half? For steadier gains I'd half the dose and do it the whole time.
-Pinning 4 times a week with enanthate? Are you sure you are up for the task? The benefit over pinning twice a week would be quite marginal. I only pin enanthates twice a week if my weekly injection volume goes over 5ml, otherwise just once a week.
-Long list of "natty" stuff, I'd skip everything except multivitamins (and use only those if you feel your diet isn't varied enough). Use money saved on more gear, gear will yield better results.
-If you know your upkeep calorie consumption now, be prepared that on gear it will increase by quite a lot.

Welcome to the dark side, there might be no way of going back.

I honestly feel I could put more size on you in one year without anabolics by really working with you on training principles and execution as well as diet, than you will make continuing the way you are but adding in gear.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Gear is not going to do more for you than PROPER diet and training.

You have clearly researched the subject and feels like you have already made the decision to do it. Few things I don't understand;
-What is the week 1 oral only for? You can get a feel for the stuff while pinning Test E before it kicks in the first week or two.
-Why is Primo only used in the latter half? For steadier gains I'd half the dose and do it the whole time.
-Pinning 4 times a week with enanthate? Are you sure you are up for the task? The benefit over pinning twice a week would be quite marginal. I only pin enanthates twice a week if my weekly injection volume goes over 5ml, otherwise just once a week.
-Long list of "natty" stuff, I'd skip everything except multivitamins (and use only those if you feel your diet isn't varied enough). Use money saved on more gear, gear will yield better results.
-If you know your upkeep calorie consumption now, be prepared that on gear it will increase by quite a lot.

Welcome to the dark side, there might be no way of going back.
- my reasoning for the week 1 oral only is simply because I don't have enough test e for another week and I didn't want to get another vial and have it go to waste/extend my sufficiently long first cycle. I wanted to run anavar for 7-8 weeks to reap further benefits as it seems to be a "slower" compound. although apparently as part of a promotion when I bought my gear there's a free vial of test prop, so I could possibly use test prop for that first week. Not sure how I would dose that haven't looked much into it yet.
- I chose to add primo in the second half so I can get a feel for aromatization on test only for reference in future cycles. That's why I added anavar as it wont effect e2 at all. Primo acts as an AI to some extent which would make it impossible for me to know how much I aromatize on a test base only. primo is also pretty cost prohibitive
- Pinning 4 times a week is just a preventative measure im deploying. Ive read almost a dozen accounts of people not needing an AI after increasing their pin frequency. Their high e2 sides went away simply from pinning more often and given that I don't mind needles I thought why not increase the frequency

Last edited:
I honestly feel I could put more size on you in one year without anabolics by really working with you on training principles and execution as well as diet, than you will make continuing the way you are but adding in gear.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Gear is not going to do more for you than PROPER diet and training.
I don't have extra cash to spend on a coach but if you have any resources that you wouldn't mind sending that would be very helpful.

For my diet I track everything I eat and am currently sitting at a slight caloric deficit at 2800 cals. About 190-200g protein per day, 290g carbs, 90g fat. I do 20 min cardio daily maintaining 160-170bpm.

Attached is my current workout routine, it is a PPL 6 days a week. I vary the sets and weights when they need adjustments. Most exercises are 4 sets of 8 reps. When 4 x 8 can be done with relative ease, I increase weight and change the exercise to 5 sets of 6 until I can hit 4 x 8 again, then repeat.

I am noticing that my body is starting to get overloaded with the amount sets Im doing so Ive been considering dropping everything to 3 x 8, or down a set. I do have higher than average muscular endurance due to my intense swimming background but even then I might be doing too much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-171451_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-171451_Sheets.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Drop the heart rate on cardio down to 130-140bpm. And never do your cardio pre workout. Always after. That's important.

Training needs a serious revamp. That's a bit of a mess. Pick a few good movements on each day that you can progress on overtime. Definitely utilize machines if you have them. At the very least make sure thats push pull legs REST repeat

I would suggest looking into John Jewett and Paul Carter for some solid starting points

At the very least for the majority of your training pull volume WAY back. You're hindering your growth significantly. Try doing one heavy intense set to failure of 6-8 reps and then one back off set a little lighter for 10-15 reps to failure. Not 4 or 5 sets on an exercise.

I pushed everyone away and I dont have support from anywhere or anyone except myself. I don't need anyone or anything to support me but I do feel like a loser/failure and this is one of the only things that I have control over in my life.

im honestly not sure how else I can move forward in a good state of mind.

This statement tells me that you want to use AAS for all the wrong reasons, and that your inner world is in shambles.

Brother, I was a year older than you when I started. And I regret starting so young for a number of reasons. I'll list them for you if you'd like.

Moreover, I thought AAS, and more generally speaking -a nice physique-, would give me the confidence that I had been lacking for so many years.

It did for about 12 months or so- but then that surface level confidence starts to wear off. And what you're left with?-The same negative thought patterns and poor mental attitude which had been there all along, cloaked beneath a thin veil of superficial confidence in the form of muscle tissue.

Now what do you do when that happens?-Being that you've now built a literal coping mechanism within your psychology that relies on AAS? *E.g. Running low on self-esteem again?→Just run a cycle*

What is it called when we deal with our negative feelings by using drugs?-
Not a trick question...

If you can put 2 & 2 together you'll see how this is a negative spiral...

I know plenty of miserable fucks with chiseled abs.

Don't rely on anything outside of your own inner world(thoughts/mindset) to give you confidence.

And don't say that blasting gear is the only thing you have control over in your life.
You have control over your thoughts(with enough practice)
Your thoughts control your attitude towards yourself and the world.
Your attitude towards yourself and the world control your habits/actions.
Your habits/actions control your life.

You have complete control over your life because you have control over your thoughts.

I know that you have done your DD, and you also believe that having a better body(more specifically, accomplishing the goal of acquiring a better body) will bring you fulfillment in the form of self-esteem, but it won't, not in any substantial/permanent way.

I think you need to surround yourself with more positive people, meditate/reflect daily, and work towards self-articulating why you feel so inadequate. Get at the root cause rather than trying to get ahead of your suffering and mask your feelings with superficial attainments.

I'm sure you're like "Who is this cunt trying to give me a therapy session, I just wanted feedback on my cycle"- but it's all love man.

In all likelihood, you're still going to use AAS- which I don't blame you for because no one could tell me shit at your age...but at the very least, please hold in the back of your mind, that there is nothing outside of your soul, and outside of your mindset that will bring you genuine happiness and self respect.

Again, good luck.

Last edited:
This statement tells me that you want to use AAS for all the wrong reasons, and that your inner world is in shambles.

Brother, I was a year older than you when I started. And I regret starting so young for a number of reasons. I'll list them for you if you'd like.

Moreover, I thought AAS, and more generally speaking -a nice physique-, would give me the confidence that I had been lacking for so many years.

It did for about 12 months or so- but then that surface level confidence starts to wear off. And what you're left with?-The same negative thought patterns and poor mental attitude which had been there all along, cloaked beneath a thin veil of superficial confidence in the form of muscle tissue.

Now what do you do when that happens?-Being that you've now built a literal coping mechanism within your psychology that relies on AAS? *E.g. Running low on self-esteem again?→Just run a cycle*

What is it called when we deal with our negative feelings by using drugs?-
Not a trick question...

If you can put 2 & 2 together you'll see how this is a negative spiral...

I know plenty of miserable fucks with chiseled abs.

Don't rely on anything outside of your own inner world(thoughts/mindset) to give you confidence.

And don't say that blasting gear is the only thing you have control over in your life.
You have control over your thoughts(with enough practice)
Your thoughts control your attitude towards yourself and the world.
Your attitude towards yourself and the world control your habits/actions.
Your habits/actions control your life.

You have complete control over your life because you have control over your thoughts.

I know that you have done your DD, and you also believe that having a better body(more specifically, accomplishing the goal of acquiring a better body) will bring you fulfillment in the form of self-esteem, but it won't, not in any substantial/permanent way.

I think you need to surround yourself with more positive people, meditate/reflect daily, and work towards self-articulating why you feel so inadequate. Get at the root cause rather than trying to get ahead of your suffering and mask your feelings with superficial attainments.

I'm sure you're like "Who is this cunt trying to give me a therapy session, I just wanted feedback on my cycle"- but it's all love man.

In all likelihood, you're still going to use AAS- which I don't blame you for because no one could tell me shit at your age...but at the very least, please hold in the back of your mind, that there is nothing outside of your soul, and outside of your mindset that will bring you genuine happiness and self respect.

Again, good luck.
This was a good reality check and I'll be rereading your reply many times over the next couple of weeks. I really appreciate this. You're right and deep down a part of me knew that this wouldn't be the solution to the root problem which is my self-esteem/psychological health. I'm just pixels on a screen and we'll never meet irl but I really needed to hear/read what you wrote as I've been essentially isolated from any social contact for the past couple of months and I can tell my thought patterns and mind has started to detach from reality. I feel like I've just been slapped in the face but in a good way.
I do want to do AAS but I'll be holding off until I get to the point where I'm not doing it to hide or run from my problems. I know I need to confront my inner mind but I guess I just don't know exactly how. I will look into the meditation you recommended. In one month I go back to uni so I'll be surrounded by people again. No problem talking to people and making friends if you met me irl you would think I'm well adjusted, normal, funny but in reality my mind is completely fucked lol.
Tbh I'll probably think about "mr redpill" on thinksteroids.com whenever I look back at this period of time. This is most definitely my "rock bottom."

- my reasoning for the week 1 oral only is simply because I don't have enough test e for another week and I didn't want to get another vial and have it go to waste/extend my sufficiently long first cycle. I wanted to run anavar for 7-8 weeks to reap further benefits as it seems to be a "slower" compound. although apparently as part of a promotion when I bought my gear there's a free vial of test prop, so I could possibly use test prop for that first week. Not sure how I would dose that haven't looked much into it yet.
- I chose to add primo in the second half so I can get a feel for aromatization on test only for reference in future cycles. That's why I added anavar as it wont effect e2 at all. Primo acts as an AI to some extent which would make it impossible for me to know how much I aromatize on a test base only. primo is also pretty cost prohibitive
- Pinning 4 times a week is just a preventative measure im deploying. Ive read almost a dozen accounts of people not needing an AI after increasing their pin frequency. Their high e2 sides went away simply from pinning more often and given that I don't mind needles I thought why not increase the frequency
Sounds like you are financially secure to do steroids. Go ahead and run it. If Zyzz can do it, so can you

Run a cycle, become an Instagram model, make money that way.

When your brain is fucked up and you lack maturity to control the emotions that AAS do to you, and you start burning personal and professional bridges in life... Well let your future self handle it.

Drop the heart rate on cardio down to 130-140bpm. And never do your cardio pre workout. Always after. That's important.

Training needs a serious revamp. That's a bit of a mess. Pick a few good movements on each day that you can progress on overtime. Definitely utilize machines if you have them. At the very least make sure thats push pull legs REST repeat

I would suggest looking into John Jewett and Paul Carter for some solid starting points

At the very least for the majority of your training pull volume WAY back. You're hindering your growth significantly. Try doing one heavy intense set to failure of 6-8 reps and then one back off set a little lighter for 10-15 reps to failure. Not 4 or 5 sets on an exercise.

I've modified the routine to include more drop sets and cut back on volume. Essentially increasing intensity and decreasing volume. Feeling better on workouts now. What do you think of this revised version?

My main cardio block of 20+ minutes is always done after the workout the warmup cardio listed is just a 5 minute cardio warmup to get my blood flowing. I feel stronger and better after a quick 5 minute cardio warmup prior to weight training.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-131952_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206-131952_Sheets.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 38
It's much better, but I'd get rid of the pre exhaustion stuff. Just properly warm up for each movement and then do a couple sets to absolute failure with tight form

I would benefit a lot from AAS and it will put me on the right track so I can get back on my feet and off to a strong start.

im honestly not sure how else I can move forward in a good state of mind. This will give me something to be passionate about and look forward to which is why I believe the pros outweigh the cons in my situation
After reading through this thread it’s obvious you got a good attitude towards the good advice you’ve gotten so far.

Just another thing to keep in mind in regards to what you’re pointing out in this statement.

You think AAS will put you on the right track and give you something to be passionate about. It’s great to have focus and drive towards something new in your state, but since you’ve just gotten back into trainIng after time off, you can still do that without steroids. As @Evom1 mentioned, you have a lot of room to grow yet. Getting back into your training will offer you the same drive with or without the juice.

To cap this off, you mention having control over this aspect of your life; but when you suddenly realize you have way less control over what’s going on with your body after introducing AAS than you expected, then what?

And that’s no diss, just looking out like everyone else who doesn’t want to see you make a mistake. You just dont seem in the best place at the moment.

Last edited: