Plate loaded dip machine

nightprowler7

I had a power tower, it broke doing weighted dips.

I was looking at this plate loaded dip machine, anyone have one of these? Does it hit chest at all at that angle?

Attachments

• 618Zk-QUk-L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    618Zk-QUk-L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 6
My gym has a plate loaded dip machine and I rest my knees under pads to hold me in place. Love it!

Getting one for your home gym would be a nice addition if you have the space for it.

I cross my legs under the seat when doing dips if there is no belt. That piece looks pretty upright to me to get good chest engagement. Looks like it would be better hitting the triceps.

I have one at my gym - I like it but typically opt for bodyweight dips.

I've never felt a seat belt was necessary... the back pad is normally angled forward a bit and the levers are angled so that you're pushing away from yourself and not straight down. So, you don't really slide up unless you're going really fast... you should be pushing yourself into the back pad.

I have one at my gym - I like it but typically opt for bodyweight dips.

I've never felt a seat belt was necessary... the back pad is normally angled forward a bit and the levers are angled so that you're pushing away from yourself and not straight down. So, you don't really slide up unless you're going really fast... you should be pushing yourself into the back pad.
Do you feel it in your chest?

Yeah, you have a lot more control over the weight so I can really squeeze and hit the contraction nicely. The one at my gym has handles that flip in and out, so you can focus more on either triceps or chest.
Hey thanks for the advice brother I appreciate it. Unfortunately you can't go try these non commercial pieces of equipment out before buying them. So a few times I've just thrown equipment away because it wasn't what It appeared or didn't have the right ROM. So I appreciate the advice man

My recommendation would be to keep an eye on marketplace for a used commercial piece, or just get something else to do actual dips on.
Unfortunately no social media. I don't believe in that and my girl doesn't either so we can't use marketplace. I used my brother's once and I felt shady telling them I'm using someone else's account. So I'll keep an eye on maybe craigslist, if that's still a thing haha.

Hey thanks for the advice brother I appreciate it. Unfortunately you can't go try these non commercial pieces of equipment out before buying them. So a few times I've just thrown equipment away because it wasn't what It appeared or didn't have the right ROM. So I appreciate the advice man

Yeah, I would be iffy on buying equipment I can't try out myself first... unless it's free weight or body weight oriented stuff.

While I do like that machine, getting dip bars is probably a more forgiving option when buying sight unseen.

Back