• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Poll about successful recoveries (achieving same or more TT than pre-cycle)

Did you achieve your pre-cycle TT levels 3 months after finishing SERMs?

• Total voters

kosp

Only for true PCT people that spend good amount of time off allowing full recovery.

Bloodwork should be taken 3 months after SERMs because TT levels on SERMs aren't your true levels.

And how many cycles have you been doing that and recovering fully? Thanks

Not me personally but have helped half a dozen guys recover fully, including fertility, after anywhere from 4-6+ years on b/c. They didn't all make it back to pre-gear levels, but with a few in their 40s, that isn't always a reasonable expectation. Is there another ask behind this or just a poll?

Not me personally but have helped half a dozen guys recover fully, including fertility, after anywhere from 4-6+ years on b/c. They didn't all make it back to pre-gear levels, but with a few in their 40s, that isn't always a reasonable expectation. Is there another ask behind this or just a poll?
Thanks, interesting.

I am just trying to put into real numbers that said of: "the more cycles you do, the more likely will be that you permanently damage your HPTA" or "Everytime you cycle, you risk permanently damaging your HPTA".

I don't think it's that easy to permanently damaging your HPTA, and many people that "don't recover", actually didn't have good TT levels beforehand.

Thanks, interesting.

I am just trying to put into real numbers that said of: "the more cycles you do, the more likely will be that you permanently damage your HPTA" or "Everytime you cycle, you risk permanently damaging your HPTA".

I don't think it's that easy to permanently damaging your HPTA, and many people that "don't recover", actually didn't have good TT levels beforehand.
I also find people simply don't PCT for long enough. If you've been on b/c for years and your pct doesn't include 20kiu of hcg (limited experience with hmg) or more and a couple months of clomid/nolva/etc (limited experience with enclomiphene) you're not giving it a strong enough chance.

I also find people simply don't PCT for long enough. If you've been on b/c for years and your pct doesn't include 20kiu of hcg (limited experience with hmg) or more and a couple months of clomid/nolva/etc (limited experience with enclomiphene) you're not giving it a strong enough chance.
Just 20.000 IU of HCG for years of b&c? Damn, I have used 15.000 iu pre-pct and my cycles are a joke (13 weeks test+var or test+mast+var)

Anecdotally, it seems recovery is better, with and without PCT, in younger users. After 40 in many, the recovery just doesn't happen as quickly or strongly leading many to consider TRT.

It could just be that older guys have done more cycles over the years and that's why. Or IMO, the plasticity of youth simply allows better recovery.

Myself from 18 - 26 years old I have done 4 cycles, I got TT bloodwork since 18 years old and I am always moving between 700 - 850ng/dL regardless of the cycles.

One time I did above 1000ng/dL, I had a nice summer eating a surplus, lifting heavy weight, taking a lot of sun and resting.

Myself from 18 - 26 years old I have done 4 cycles, I got TT bloodwork since 18 years old and I am always moving between 700 - 850ng/dL regardless of the cycles.

One time I did above 1000ng/dL, I had a nice summer eating a surplus, lifting heavy weight, taking a lot of sun and resting.
That’s cause you bathed with your balls in the sun LMAO.

Mate I put mine in a mango in de sun when you told me that.

I didn't vote because based on your wording I didn't want to mess up the results of your poll but antidotally I went on trt at age 34 bc my test level was in the 200'S.
I was on for six years straight never off then went off everything cold turkey no pct, then not even a multi vitamin for just shy of a year. After about five months or so my levels had actually rebounded into normal range. Higher than when I began trt. Also of note I impregnated my wife three times while on a significant amount of test during this period.
I think there's a huge genetic component to this issue.

I didn't vote because based on your wording I didn't want to mess up the results of your poll but antidotally I went on trt at age 34 bc my test level was in the 200'S.
I was on for six years straight never off then went off everything cold turkey no pct, then not even a multi vitamin for just shy of a year. After about five months or so my levels had actually rebounded into normal range. Higher than when I began trt. Also of note I impregnated my wife three times while on a significant amount of test during this period.
I think there's a huge genetic component to this issue.
wow, after 6 years suppressed at 30+ you got higher TT than ever in just 5 months post last pin? very unusual

Are you still on TRT?

wow, after 6 years suppressed at 30+ you got higher TT than ever in just 5 months post last pin? very unusual

Are you still on TRT?
Yes I went off everything because my lifestyle was unhealthy and unsustainable. I wanted to reset and I was interested to see if all the size I had added would go away.

I trained regularly but nothing like I do when I’m running gear. Just ran a PPL split indefinitely, no set frequency, just repeated as I time allowed. I found I got soft and weak, but did not significantly lose any of the size I had put on which surprised me. As far as solid, lean mass I added at least 60 lbs to my frame.

I got a vasectomy and went back on. I am on trt bc I intend to use and I think it’s better to just stay on trt then blast , rather than come all the way off multiple times per year. Also I believe at my age if I don’t keep my levels up, over time I will start to lose all the muscle I’ve built.

I’d like to have it a while longer.

You said it’s unusual to bounce back so quickly. I was definitely surprised myself. Especially bc I expected my test levels to stay in the toilet until I went back on trt. However, lots of old school guys from the 70’s and 80’s have kids. They were going on off on off for years and I don’t think pct was even a thing back then. So perhaps it’s not that rare, and you hear more from those that are experiencing problems then from those who have no issues.