Protein intake during cutting phase

What‘s the general consensus on protein intake during a cutting phase?

Obviously it’s going to be higher than for natural lifters, but by how much?

Also, would you need to eat more protein on a cutting stack (Test/Tren/Mast for example) than on a basic TRT+ cut?

Thanks!

Well actually due to nutrient partitioning enhanced folk need less protein. The source for that is Mike Isratel.

Well actually due to nutrient partitioning enhanced folk need less protein. The source for that is Mike Isratel.
And yet every single one of the biggest dudes on the planet eats more protein than the 1g/lb body weight guideline given to naturals.

For OP:
Protein needs aren’t really going to change or require modification unless you’re getting super lean. Set your protein and manage your fat loss with carb and fat changes.

Last edited:
I use 1.2-1.5g protein per lean body weight when cutting. 1.5 is usually when I’m deep in and super hungry. I’d rather increase my lean proteins than carbs or fat.

In my younger years I was always doing keto and slamming protein and fats at higher numbers (2-2.5 each). Cant do that anymore.

For me 1-1.5g per lb is plenty. Though I'm not huge or shredded. It really depends on your stats and what bf % you're shooting for.

High as possible! Seriously, not only is it appetite suppressing, but it’s incredibly hard to turn excess protein to fat. It also ‘costs’ more energy to digest than the other macros, by quite a bit.