Sane cycling, and rreal gains keeping!

Realgains

Sane cycling, and real gains keeping!

This post is aimed at all non pro bodybuilders.

I have trained bodybuilders and top amateur and pro athletes for 20 years with good success, both naturally and chemically assisted.

First of all let me state the obvious that many guys don't get. You cannot keep gains that are above your natural maximum size. OK...maybe you can keep a tad more as there MAY be some actual growth of new muscle tissue itself(not just hypertrophy) that happened with steroid use that could not also happen with natural training. However, have you taken a good look at long retired pro's ? Arny for example and even much younger men.

For "most" genetically typical guys of around average height of 5'10" that means your natural max is likely around 190-200 pounds lean..not ripped but pretty darn lean. Yeah some of you can get bigger. I am talking the typical athletic guy(most guys). A guy that is 190-200 pounds and pretty lean is a pretty impressive specimen by the way.

First of all you need to learn to train without steroids. This means training with quite low volume...much lower than most of you currently train with. With that low volume needs to come an obsession with the big basic compound movements and especially the squat to a little below parallel, the dead lift or trap bar deadlift, and deep leg press, and adding weight in small and then tiny increments as the going gets tough. If you are tall then specialize in the dead lift or trap bar dead lift and leg press because you probably cannot squat well. That goes for anyone that cannot squat half decently. Hard work is necessary but you have to limit the use if intensifiers like forced reps, rest pause etc etc. However, most natural trainees that I know of, that actually know what they are doing and are pretty big, train harder than most steroid users for sure. ie: most steroid users do not train until the last rep really is the last good rep they could possibly do.
Infrequent gym appearances are mandatory for most natural trainees. I have found an ideal split is a two way split training Monday-Wednesday and Friday ie: workout 1 on Monday, 2 on Wednesday, and 3 on Friday and then next week start with workout 2 etc etc. You can split each workout day in two if you like and train half of the workout in the morning and half in the evening, but this is not an excuse to add exercises and sets...keep the volume low, intensity high and focus on weight progression.
Squat only once a week. On the other leg day do leg presses. Dead lift only once a week. On the other lower body day do back extensions.

Alternatively a three way split working out Monday-Wednesday and Friday works well too.

Trust me...90% of you cannot tolerate 5-6 days per week in the gym matter how you split the program up and especially if you have a job, a family or do other sports.

ENTER 2 WEEK CYCLES, 4 weeks off.

I have personally had great success with 2 week cycles as have ALL my clients that have tried them. Bill Roberts has written extensively about them so do a search. They MUST be done right or they don't work well.
I give full credit where credit is deserved....I had no clue until I read Bill Roberts words on two weekers many years ago.

DO THEY WORK?

Yes....can you gain without steroids if you know how to train naturally and how to eat/rest etc etc?...YES...so the gains on a 2 weeker far surpass what you could do naturally in many many weeks. Again, they have to be done correctly!

KEYS to success with 2 weekers.
You need to use fast acting fast clearing injectables with esters no slower than prop. You have to front load them so you are not wasting time waiting for them to be at optimal blood levels. You only have 14 days!
You need to use powerful orals like dbol and anadrol. You only have 14 days!

Training while "on"......
Train every other day on a two way split. I prefer dividing each training day into 2 workouts, one in the morning and one in the evening. Keep volume pretty low but higher then when training naturally. Really train hard, a-la Dorian Yates...intensity..low volume...big basic movements...a little more isolation work than when training naturally(which should have almost none). Squat and dead lift on each leg day but only for this 14 days. This is the time to hammer...but be careful and train strictly. The every other day two way split protocol allows for each body part to be hit with maximum frequency. You cannot keep this up for more than 2 weeks even on a heavy steroid cycle but it's ideal for a 2 weeker.

These cycles will bring your good cholesterol to shit(hdl) just like any cycle with any gear, even low dose Primo(don't be fooled). However, the shitty time is only a few weeks as opposed to months wit traditional cycling.
You won't get much testicular atrophy in 14 days but yes you'll be completely shut down. The lack of any appreciable atrophy allows your testes to respond very well to LH post cycle and in 14 days LH rebounds really fast and well. So T recovery is fast! In fact Bill Roberts has pointed out that the pituitary is hyper-responsive to GnRH from the hypothalamus up to about 14 days of suppression....so the testes really get hammered with by LH and they can respond because they are not small.
You won't get much if any acne...that usually takes more than 14 days.
It's light on hair loss...it's only 14 days.
Prostate issues...nope
Heart function/ muscle tissue changes...highly highly unlikely.
Plugged up arteries....no...hdl is only shitty for a few weeks.
If you are paranoid about that then take full flush niacin 1 gram in the morning and 1 gram at night when "off" cycle. It won't do a damn thing while on cycle except to add to liver strain but it certainly will raise hdl while "off". (Your doctor should monitor level function if on niacin for more than a few months).

CLASSIC 2 WEEKER. There are more...do a search.
Again, use the most powerful gear you can find and decent doses and ONLY short esters. In my opinion dbol or anadrol are a must!

Tren acetate 150-200mg on day one and then 75-100mg per day. Stop at day 11 if doing 75/day and stop at day 10 if doing 100mg per day.
Dbol 50mg per day in 5 divided doses. Stop after day 14.
Letrozole is a good idea but not mandatory. Start it a week before the cycle at 2.5 mg on day one and then .5mg/day and continue with that dose throughout the cycle. This will take care of the bloat from the dbol. The early start will allow it to "get going" in the system(long half life) and also it will also stat jacking LH and testes size by dropping circulating estrogen.

Anadrol/Tren works great too. Drol at 100mg/day in 3-4 divided doses.
Can't do a thing about drol bloat though.

You can add test prop to the Tren/dbol stack but you have to front load. Try 150mg on day one and then 150 a day for 10 days and then stop.

Day 15 start PCT even though technically you could do without and especially since you where taking letrozole pre cycle. Letrozole also has a long half life. If will still be working well post cycle so even if you stopped the letro at day 14 it will still work for weeks. You could simply use the letro for PCT...continuing with .5mg per day for a couple weeks or you could drop it and start a SERM like clomid or Nolva or do both.
If you do clomid or nolva you might as well do it right and front load them. That is 300mg of clomid on day 15 and then 50mg/day for two weeks, or 120mg of Nolva on day 15 and then 20mg/day for 2 weeks. I am telling ya by day 14 post cycle your LH will be very high and T will be be above normal for you. You can continue with the PCT for two more weeks to get an even higher T level or you can stop after 2 weeks.

Bill Roberts said something interesting about PCT post 2 weekers. He likes the idea of having a period of time with LH levels above normal to balance out the time where LH levels were low(during the cycle). He also stated that testicular size would build up to likely above normal too, which is a good thing in prep for the next cycle if you intend to transition into another 2 weeker after 3-4 weeks off.

If you intend to do 2 weeks "on" 2 weeks "off for more than 2-3 times in a row without a longer break then it would be smart to use a little HCG during the cycles themselves at 250iu's every other day...just as insurance against accumulative testicular atrophy.

Bill has also said that in the off weeks you can focus more on getting lean with a lower caloric intake...so you build hard for 2 weeks then cut lightly for 2 weeks and do more cardio. Over the months this can produce very good results.

You will keep all or nearly all of your strength and mass gains from 2 weekers as long as you know how to train , rest, and eat properly without steroid use and you are not above your natural maximum size.

LONG CYCLES....
ok...if you insist. But limit them to 8-10 week and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take HCG every other day sub Q in the belly skin all cycle long. |Use Bills recommendation of 800 to 2000 iu's per week. I find 250iu's every other day is just fine. Also be aware that if you take decent doses of typical injectables you'll be "ON" much longer than 8 weeks if you do an 8 weeker. ie: Test cyp at 500mg per week will suppress you for at least 3 weeks post cycle. EQ and deca at the same dose will suppress you for well over 5 weeks ! You want to take a gram of test cyp a week...that'll take forever to clear enough to allow for HPTA re-start. ...so continue with your HCG until the steroids/test get close to "low enough" levels. Remember, the lucky man produces maybe 6mg of test a week....it takes VERY LITTLE androgen to keep you suppressed. Do the math...dose and half life of your roids.

Training on long cycles. I still think a three way split training Monday-Wednesday and Friday is best for the vast majority of you. I also think you need to train hard and to positive failure with fairly low volume and with a focus on the big basic compound movements and weight progression in your exercises. However, there seems more room for error in long cycle. Genetically gifted guys and good doses fo gear can train pretty much any way and gain very well. In fact most(not all) genetically gifted do not train hard at all...not by my definition of hard.

Long cycles can put the pituitary to sleep and it can sometimes take a long time for it to wake up enough to produce decent LH pulses. So even though your nuts may be a decent size from HCG use you may have LH issues. This is pretty rare if the cycle was kept to 12 weeks max and you had 10-12 weeks off before you started.
But know this....testicular atrophy is BY FAR the biggest culprit re: slow recovery of endogenous T. USE HCG WHILE 'ON"!

SERM use only, post traditional cycle...no HCG during. Not a good idea! Why...cause your nuts have shrunk. The SERM cannot work until your T level is at least approaching normal for you. If your nuts are small there is no estrogen to block because they are putting out next to no T! You're gunna loose most if not all of your gains no matter how smart you train and rest.....and you're gunna feel like crap and have zero sex drive. Can you say Androgen Induces Hypogonadism!

OK...no worries if you want to be on TRT like most pro's with raisins in your bag like most long term users. But that kinda sucks in my books and especially below age 60!

Cheers
RG:)

Last edited:
well I'm sold on this idea. After my last experience if and when i get back to normal this sounds way more appealing to me. I saw how fast the gains left when feeling shitty and not lifting it was like 26lbs flew out the window in 2 months.

I have been reading up on hcg as well and only doing a dbol teste cycle for 14 weeks but still wanting the hcg to keep gains and recover faster for an equal time off and then a trn ace dbol and test cyce after time off what would your ideal dbol and teste cycle ook like with hcg in it ? would pct stay the same? Thanks

RG can you elaborate a little more on recovery? i've done 4 consecutive 2 on/1 off with 1 week pct of torem and my bloodwork isnt looking so hot now, during last cycle,nuts were atrophied to an extent although i was using 2x 500 ius HCG.. what is about the most aggressive you can go with time off and come back fully recovered?? 2 on/2 off? can i do this year round?

Last edited:
I have been reading up on hcg as well and only doing a dbol teste cycle for 14 weeks but still wanting the hcg to keep gains and recover faster for an equal time off and then a trn ace dbol and test cyce after time off what would your ideal dbol and teste cycle ook like with hcg in it ? would pct stay the same? Thanks

Drop the cycle length to 10 weeks. Read Bills article on inhibition.
Cycle....dbol 50mg per day on training days in 5 divided doses, 30-40 on non training days. Do the dbol for no more than 6 weeks and 4 is preferable. Test cyp or enanthate 750mg on day one and then 250mg twice a week. That's a good dose of test. I'd add proscar to that or don't do test.

At week 6, if doing a 10 weeker, switch to test prop at 125 every other day. You switch to prop so you can start PCT and recover T sooner post cycle. If you stayed with cyp or enanthate it would take close to a month before your HPTA could re-start. Just do the math....consider the dose, half life and ester weight and also know that very little exogenous test will keep you shut down. ie: 100mg of cyp is about 70 mg of test and the rest is ester. That is a typical TRT dose if that 70 is taken in say two shots of 50mg of cyp per week. It'll give most guys a T of 700ng/dl!

You need an AI and the best one and cheapest is letrozole. Do .5mg per day of letro. I'd take a full 2.5mg pill on day one at least. That's not really a front load of this stuff but it helps get things going. Take it on an empty stomach and 30 minutes before eating.
HCG is the skin with a tiny slin needle at 250 iu's every other day until day 7 post cycle with the prop.

Props half life is about 2 days not 3 days. So 500mg of prop will clear enough in about 9-11 days so start PCT at say day 9. You can be early with PCT. Do clomid at 300mg on day one on 3 divided doses. Then do 50 a day for at least a month. Get your T checked after week 4. You can do it at some labs without a docs order.
You want a T of at least 500ng/dl. If you don't have that then continue with the clomid for another month. Continue with the letrozole at .5mg every other day.

I hate testosterone. It'll give you more trouble than any other hormone including anadrol unless you take proscar and an AI. I'd not even use it ever at more than a TRT dose or a little more. There are better choices for you.

Here's a nicer cycle....
EQ at 1500mg on day one in two shots. Then 500mg every 5 days.(yeah do it like that ...really long half life). People don't get the results they want with EQ cause they don't front load it and the weekly dose is too small.
D-bol as above but only for 2 weeks.
Stop the EQ after week 4. It takes forever to clear. Start dbol again and for 4 weeks then start PCT a day after last dbol. PCT and HCG choice and dose as above. Letro can be reduced a bit but keeping it the same as above is fine.
No procar is needed.

OR...Primo 900mg on day one and then 300 mg twice a week. Dbol for the first 4 weeks. Stop the primo after week 7. Start up dbol again . PCT after week 10.
HCG as above. Letro as above but drop it when not doing the dbol as primo doesn't aromatize to estrogen.

You can add tren ace to any of the cycles and stop the tren about 4 days before PCT. 50mg a day is more than enough on those cycles.

Last edited:
RG can you elaborate a little more on recovery? i've done 4 consecutive 2 on/1 off with 1 week pct of torem and my bloodwork isnt looking so hot now, during last cycle,nuts were atrophied to an extent although i was using 2x 500 ius HCG.. what is about the most aggressive you can go with time off and come back fully recovered?? 2 on/2 off? can i do this year round?

Don't do only one week off.
Two weeks off is minimum and that's if you take HCG during all cycles.

You could do that all year but I wouldn't. Your hdl cholestrerol will be the shits for most of the year. Your pituitary might not like being shut off every 3rd week for 2 weeks all year...there may be LH issues in time and that means testicular atrophy over time. I don't think being on HCG year round to counter this possibility is a good idea either.
If you do it then take niacin 1 gram in the morning and one gram in the evening while off to help with hdl.....and be sure to have your doc follow your liver cause orals( a must in 2 weekers) plus niacin on off weeks can mess with your liver.

I'd drop to 2 on 3-4 off and follow my training ideas re: roid free training as per my initial post. You should be able to get to your natural max size in a few years if you train, eat and rest right.

BE SURE you do the cycles correctly. You want your system pretty clear of exogenous androgen by day 14 ALL THE TIME.

Last edited:
oh...if you are going to do 2 "on" 2 "off" all year then also get your T tested every few months right before you start another cycle. Do it first thing on the morning and always do it at this time.
You can get it done cheap and without a docs order....but it's best to be followed by an MD ....yet I know most of you won't so at least get it checked yourself and know normals. You want a T of at least 400-450ng/dl and 500-700 is better.
Keep checking out testicular size too.

"BE SURE you do the cycles correctly. You want your system pretty clear of exogenous androgen by day 14 ALL THE TIME."

what about a remaining few ngs on day 15 (based on half life)? im talking anywhere from 14-21 based on roidcalc.. is that too suppressive?

"I'd drop to 2 on 3-4 off and follow my training ideas re: roid free training as per my initial post. You should be able to get to your natural max size in a few years if you train, eat and rest right."

so 3 weeks would be a good go between as far as gains to sides ratio is concerned for us less patient individuals?

"BE SURE you do the cycles correctly. You want your system pretty clear of exogenous androgen by day 14 ALL THE TIME."

what about a remaining few ngs on day 15 (based on half life)? im talking anywhere from 14-21 based on roidcalc.. is that too suppressive?

"I'd drop to 2 on 3-4 off and follow my training ideas re: roid free training as per my initial post. You should be able to get to your natural max size in a few years if you train, eat and rest right."

so 3 weeks would be a good go between as far as gains to sides ratio is concerned for us less patient individuals?

Yes

Regarding mg's left over. You have to be careful with dose, half life and when to stop. I like tren ace cause the half life really is only a day or so and not 3 days like it is often listed. I'd try to get test suspension if doing testosterone or stop a moderate dose of prop on day 10.
Dbol or Anadrol only work well too.
Follow yourself with labs...total T and lipid profile if you are not willing to be followed by an MD.

My personal favorite 2 weeker.

Tren ace 150mg on day one and then 75mg for 10 more days.
Anadrol 25mg 4 X per day for 14 days Yeh...I like it more than dbol.
You'll get some bloat from the drol and there is nothing you can do about it but you're only "on" for 14 days so it's not bad. Anadrol is likely a progestin and as such it will bloat you and AI's will not help of course. However, the water retention aides a bit in strength gains...more weight used in good form = more muscle growth.
Read Bill Roberts assessment of drol in the steroid profiles on this web site.

My wife has done 2 weekers in the past with anadrol(lower dose) with NO virilization at all....and good results! Sides take "time" to develop.

"Regarding mg's left over. You have to be careful with dose, half life and when to stop" just to clarify no ngs left over day 15 or a few are ok ?

RG last question.. did 4 consecutive cycles of test prop & tbol 2 on/1 off.. blood work is as follows..opinions, suggestions ?

test Name Result Units Reference Range
ALBUMIN 4.6 g/dl 3.9-5.0
ANION GAP 15.2 <20
BILIRUBIN 0.5 mg/dl 0.2-1.3
CALCIUM 9.7 mg/dl 8.5-10.6
CARBON DIOXIDE 26.0 meq/L 22-31
CHLORIDE 101.0 meq/L 101-111
CREATININE 1.0 MG/DL .66-1.25
GLUCOSE 88.0 mg/dl 75-120
POTASSIUM 5.3 High meq/L 3.6-5.0
PROTEIN 7.6 g/dl 6.3-8.2
SODIUM 142.0 meq/L 136-145
UREA NITROGEN 25.0 High mg/dl 9-21
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE.PREDICTED 89 mL/min >59
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE 53.0 High U/L 14-50
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 107.0 U/L 34-126
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE 118.0 High U/L 7-56

Hormone Panel Pre - cycle
testosterone 767 ng/dL 250-1100
testosterone.FREE 102.8 pg/mL 35.0-155.0

Hormone Panel Post Cyle

CORTISOL 15.8 mcg/dL
testosterone 182 ng/dL 250-1100
testosterone.FREE 37.3 pg/mL 35.0-155.0

"Regarding mg's left over. You have to be careful with dose, half life and when to stop" just to clarify no ngs left over day 15 or a few are ok ?

RG last question.. did 4 consecutive cycles of test prop & tbol 2 on/1 off.. blood work is as follows..opinions, suggestions ?

ALBUMIN 4.6 g/dl 3.9-5.0
ANION GAP 15.2 <20
BILIRUBIN 0.5 mg/dl 0.2-1.3
CALCIUM 9.7 mg/dl 8.5-10.6
CARBON DIOXIDE 26.0 meq/L 22-31
CHLORIDE 101.0 meq/L 101-111
CREATININE 1.0 MG/DL .66-1.25
GLUCOSE 88.0 mg/dl 75-120
POTASSIUM 5.3 High meq/L 3.6-5.0
PROTEIN 7.6 g/dl 6.3-8.2
SODIUM 142.0 meq/L 136-145
UREA NITROGEN 25.0 High mg/dl 9-21
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE.PREDICTED 89 mL/min >59
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE 53.0 High U/L 14-50
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 107.0 U/L 34-126
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE 118.0 High U/L 7-56

Hormone Panel Pre - cycle
testosterone 767 ng/dL 250-1100
testosterone.FREE 102.8 pg/mL 35.0-155.0

Hormone Panel Post Cyle

CORTISOL 15.8 mcg/dL
testosterone 182 ng/dL 250-1100
testosterone.FREE 37.3 pg/mL 35.0-155.0

That T kinda sucks bro but I've had many endurance guys at that level for months during hard training if they didn't take a low dose SERM or AI.
Try clomid or nolva for a couple month now. Clomid 300mg on day one and then 50 a day. OR Nolva 120mg on day one and then 20 a day. Or half of each and then do 25 of clomid a day and 10 of nolva a day.
Ideally you could throw in low dose letrozole too so you'd have blockaide from a SERM or SERM'S as well as actual reduced circulating estrogen from the AI. Letro at .5mg per day with an initial dose of 2.5mg. Don't take too much letro cause it will really hammer estrogen down and you'll have zero sex drive, sore joints and a lower immune response and a shitty hdl cholesterol so .5mg per day is more than enough. You might not have a sex drive with that amount of letro and even clomid and more-so Nolva can kill your sex drive. Try the above and get labs drawn after 4 weeks.

You could start off with HCG at 1500- 2,500 iu's every other day or every 3rd day for 2-3 weeks but try the above first unless you have the HCG of course. Use a SERM with it.

Last edited:
"That T kinda sucks bro but I've had many endurance guys at that level for months during hard training if they didn't take a low dose SERM or AI.
Try clomid or nolva for a couple month now. Clomid 300mg on day one and then 50 a day. OR Nolva 120mg on day one and then 20 a day. Or half of each and then do 25 of clomid a day and 10 of nolva a day.
Ideally you could throw in low dose letrozole too so you'd have blockaide from a SERM or SERM'S as well as actual reduced circulating estrogen from the AI. Letro at .5mg per day with an initial dose of 2.5mg. Don't take too much letro cause it will really hammer estrogen down and you'll have zero sex drive, sore joints and a lower immune response and a shitty hdl cholesterol so .5mg per day is more than enough. You might not have a sex drive with that amount of letro and even clomid and more-so Nolva can kill your sex drive. Try the above and get labs drawn after 4 weeks.

You could start off with HCG at 1500- 2,500 iu's every other day or every 3rd day for 2-3 weeks but try the above first unless you have the HCG of course. Use a SERM with it."

ok last question! all i have currently is Torem and Aromasin.. would that be sufficient?

More on training correctly while "off"...natural bodybuilding. Also some more ideas for helping a two weeker. You want to keep gains right? You want to be able to get results while off steroids right? Learn how to train right without gear.

I cannot harp on this enough. Let me review and go into a little more detail.
It's really important or you'll never train seriously without gear and you certainly won't gain without gear past the first year of training.

Natural training to keep your gains and to grow without gear...includes>>>>

Infrequent days in the gym. You need lots of recovery days/time!
The best split I have found over the last 20 years of training natural bodybuilders is a two way split that hits each body part directly twice in 9 days.
ie: Monday- routine 1, Wednesday routine 2 and Friday repeat routine 1. Next week start with routine 2 etc etc etc.
Another split that works while natural is a three way split training Monday-Wednesday- Friday and this hits each body part once in 7 days.

I cannot emphasize enough how important low volume coupled with hard work is.
Almost nobody works hard in the gym. Most guys don't even get close to failure in their working sets. Leg work is a F-ing joke to say the least...and who the hell dead lifts consistently ...almost nobody! Dead Lifts are the KING of exercises and they, along with deep squats, have huge "knock on" affect in the entire body re: mass and power.
Be careful with intensifiers like forced reps, rest pause etc etc. Use them sparingly or you'll over strain the nervous system and stop growing.

Focus almost exclusively on the big compound multi-joint movements. If you cannot squat well ie: too much forward lean, then specialize in the trap bar dead lift.
This exercise was developed by a world champion power lifter. It works more overall muscle than the regular dead lift and it works the quads more too. For the tall man this exercise is by far the most important exercise by far.
http://www.trapbartraining.com/ (The Original Gerard Trap Bar is Back!)

If you can squat decently then squat too. Do not do both in the same workout. While natural , do back squats and deadlift only once a week.
Get a Zercher front squat harness! Include front squats with this harness! They are absolutely golden!
FrontSquat.com

Include Romanian dead lift in your workout when not doing trap bar dead lifts or regular deadlift. Go to knee cap height only with a slight low back arch and knees slightly unlocked. This exercise is great for the entire posterior chain and by far the best hamstring mass builder.

Other big basic movements to include are the parallel bar dip with elbows "somewhat" out to the sides, seated overhead pressing at an 80 degree bench angle, Rows, pulldowns, shrugs, Kelso shrugs, leg press deep, benches and especially the decline bench, chins, close grip bench presses, basic curls, tricep style dip in the Hammer Strength dip machine. Keep isolation exercises to a minimum. Hammer Strength equipment is excellent.

Really focus on weight progression from week to week. Use small plates progressively to trick your body into gains and then use tiny tiny plates to get more gains. When gains dry up in most movements REDUCE working sets and allow the sets to drop to 5-6 reps for upper body and 8-10 for lower body and continue to try to add tiny bits of weight to the bars and stacks weekly or every couple week. When weight progression stops for more than a few weeks then you MUST either take 7-10 days off or do a two weeker. If you take 7-10 days off then come back to the gym with about 90% of your best weights for reps and slowly work up to and past your previous bests. This cycling and weight progression focus is CRITICAL in natural training!!!

Be aware that almost all men will over strain their nervous system if they train more than 3 days per week in the gym while training naturally. DO NOT ATTEMPT more than 3 days per week no matter how you divide things up. I am talking most men and athletes ...the majority by far. I am not talking to the genetically gifted here(quite rare actually).

Keep cardio to 3 days/week and 30-40 minutes at a time...no more.
Limit or eliminate the playing of other sports. You only have "so much" recovery power.

DIET
Obviously this is huge. Eat every three hours. You need a lot of calories to gain well...but keep them clean. Protein about 1.25 grams per pound of body weight is good...more while on gear.
Whey protein isolate immediately post training as well as some simple and complex carbs.
Casein protein before bed...slow release protein from milk. You get this cheap by adding powered milk to a large glass of regular milk.

Creatine...kre alkalyn is best. Take a full dose 30 minutes before workouts on an empty stomach. No need to take it after workouts or any other time except before training. It works.

SLEEP...well it's huge. Many guys don't get anyway near enough consistent sleep.

HGH
Really helps with recovery and fat loss. Use a few iu's when really fatigued from training. I do not recommend it for long periods of time other than at HRT dose. HGH is great in two weekers if you can afford it. In a two weeker 5-6 iu's a day can really help recovery.

IGF-1 long r type...also great and better then HGH if you can find the real thing.

SLIN(ultra rapid acting).....it works well in two weekers post training... but you better know what you are doing or it could kill you!!!!

Last edited:
Been surfing the boards for a good while now and I must say this post compelled me to post. This info is really good stuff!
Realgains couldn't you do these two week cycles with a single large shot of a steroid with longer half lives than acetate and prop?

Wait I dont believe that you will lose all gain you make. Your saying if Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler right now stopping juicing but kept their training and diet perfect they would lose all their gains and not look like bodybuilders anymore?

Also doing the two weekers how much weight is usually gained?

i am redesigning my workout for my cycle in about a month when i am done with my natural cut. What have you found to be the best split for a mon/wed/fri workout and i plan on cardio on the other two days and sat/ sun completely off. should i get each group twice a week or once? and what changes while on?:D

More on training correctly while "off"...natural bodybuilding. Also some more ideas for helping a two weeker. You want to keep gains right? You want to be able to get results while off steroids right? Learn how to train right without gear.

I cannot harp on this enough. Let me review and go into a little more detail.
It's really important or you'll never train seriously without gear and you certainly won't gain without gear past the first year of training.

Natural training to keep your gains and to grow without gear...includes>>>>

Infrequent days in the gym. You need lots of recovery days/time!
The best split I have found over the last 20 years of training natural bodybuilders is a two way split that hits each body part directly twice in 9 days.
ie: Monday- routine 1, Wednesday routine 2 and Friday repeat routine 1. Next week start with routine 2 etc etc etc.
Another split that works while natural is a three way split training Monday-Wednesday- Friday and this hits each body part once in 7 days.

I cannot emphasize enough how important low volume coupled with hard work is.
Almost nobody works hard in the gym. Most guys don't even get close to failure in their working sets. Leg work is a F-ing joke to say the least...and who the hell dead lifts consistently ...almost nobody! Dead Lifts are the KING of exercises and they, along with deep squats, have huge "knock on" affect in the entire body re: mass and power.
Be careful with intensifiers like forced reps, rest pause etc etc. Use them sparingly or you'll over strain the nervous system and stop growing.

Focus almost exclusively on the big compound multi-joint movements. If you cannot squat well ie: too much forward lean, then specialize in the trap bar dead lift.
This exercise was developed by a world champion power lifter. It works more overall muscle than the regular dead lift and it works the quads more too. For the tall man this exercise is by far the most important exercise by far.
http://www.trapbartraining.com/ (The Original Gerard Trap Bar is Back!)

If you can squat decently then squat too. Do not do both in the same workout. While natural , do back squats and deadlift only once a week.
Get a Zercher front squat harness! Include front squats with this harness! They are absolutely golden!
FrontSquat.com

Include Romanian dead lift in your workout when not doing trap bar dead lifts or regular deadlift. Go to knee cap height only with a slight low back arch and knees slightly unlocked. This exercise is great for the entire posterior chain and by far the best hamstring mass builder.

Other big basic movements to include are the parallel bar dip with elbows "somewhat" out to the sides, seated overhead pressing at an 80 degree bench angle, Rows, pulldowns, shrugs, Kelso shrugs, leg press deep, benches and especially the decline bench, chins, close grip bench presses, basic curls, tricep style dip in the Hammer Strength dip machine. Keep isolation exercises to a minimum. Hammer Strength equipment is excellent.

Really focus on weight progression from week to week. Use small plates progressively to trick your body into gains and then use tiny tiny plates to get more gains. When gains dry up in most movements REDUCE working sets and allow the sets to drop to 5-6 reps for upper body and 8-10 for lower body and continue to try to add tiny bits of weight to the bars and stacks weekly or every couple week. When weight progression stops for more than a few weeks then you MUST either take 7-10 days off or do a two weeker. If you take 7-10 days off then come back to the gym with about 90% of your best weights for reps and slowly work up to and past your previous bests. This cycling and weight progression focus is CRITICAL in natural training!!!

Be aware that almost all men will over strain their nervous system if they train more than 3 days per week in the gym while training naturally. DO NOT ATTEMPT more than 3 days per week no matter how you divide things up. I am talking most men and athletes ...the majority by far. I am not talking to the genetically gifted here(quite rare actually).

Keep cardio to 3 days/week and 30-40 minutes at a time...no more.
Limit or eliminate the playing of other sports. You only have "so much" recovery power.

DIET
Obviously this is huge. Eat every three hours. You need a lot of calories to gain well...but keep them clean. Protein about 1.25 grams per pound of body weight is good...more while on gear.
Whey protein isolate immediately post training as well as some simple and complex carbs.
Casein protein before bed...slow release protein from milk. You get this cheap by adding powered milk to a large glass of regular milk.

Creatine...kre alkalyn is best. Take a full dose 30 minutes before workouts on an empty stomach. No need to take it after workouts or any other time except before training. It works.

SLEEP...well it's huge. Many guys don't get anyway near enough consistent sleep.

HGH
Really helps with recovery and fat loss. Use a few iu's when really fatigued from training. I do not recommend it for long periods of time other than at HRT dose. HGH is great in two weekers if you can afford it. In a two weeker 5-6 iu's a day can really help recovery.

IGF-1 long r type...also great and better then HGH if you can find the real thing.

SLIN(ultra rapid acting).....it works well in two weekers post training... but you better know what you are doing or it could kill you!!!!

Wait I dont believe that you will lose all gain you make. Your saying if Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler right now stopping juicing but kept their training and diet perfect they would lose all their gains and not look like bodybuilders anymore?

Also doing the two weekers how much weight is usually gained?

The would drop to what their body could maintain with it's own natural hormone production...if they could re-start their HPTA that is...otherwise it's HRT like most do forever. They will be big but nothing like they are now and that is IF they continue to train. However, since most don't know how to train naturally then they will over train a lot and may not even be able to maintain their natural maximum size at all. However, there is some evidence to suggest that with proper training they can hold more than they would if they had never touched roids.
That said...take a good look at older retired pro's ...most are not that big and I have several totally natural trainees in their 40's bigger than most long term retired pro's THAT DON'T CONTINUE with roids...and some do.

Learn to train without roids...VERY BIG diff...and you will stay at your natural maximum size after you give up roids for good...at least through your 40's.

Regarding gains from 2 weekers. That depends how close you are to your natural maximum size or if you are over your natural max size and have not shrunk back down yet. Young men that are not close to max size can gain 5 pounds of solid muscle believe it or not....but their diet, sleep and training has to be perfect. |Post cycle training has to be smart natural training.
Guys that are close to natural max can only expect a couple pounds max but they too need to have everything spot on and must dead lift and squat. But 2 pounds is great in 14 days! I am talking kept muscle ...well after the cycle ends. Also, you have to know how to train without gear to keep that or you will quickly over train and go backwards.

Guys over natural max won't gain much at all but their strength with go up and a plateau can be broken nicely.

The 2 weekers are NOT for serious competitive bodybuilders of course. They are for the typical guy and athletes that need more weight and strength. They are also for long term users that want to back way off.

Last edited:
Been surfing the boards for a good while now and I must say this post compelled me to post. This info is really good stuff!
Realgains couldn't you do these two week cycles with a single large shot of a steroid with longer half lives than acetate and prop?

No not really...it's not a good way to do injectables in a 2 weeker. If you did one large-ish dose of say cyp on day one and that's it, it may be cleared enough at day 15 to allow for HPTA re-start but maybe not. You want max blood level per day in a two weeker as well. Suspension is ideal. Acetate is good and prop is ok.
Orals are the most important anyway cause you cannot beat dbol or anadrol , you have max dose all the way from day one through day 14 ,and then they clear fast to allow for HPTA re-start.