T3 replacement dosage

fishstick

Long story short, I fucked up a bit and now I want to run a replacement dosage of T3 for the time being until my body normalizes again.

Unfortunately I don‘t have easy access to bloodwork.

From what I‘ve seen online your body produces 30-40mcg T3 naturally per day. So I‘m planning to take 37.5mcg, does this sound good?

Long story short, I fucked up a bit and now I want to run a replacement dosage of T3 for the time being until my body normalizes again.

Unfortunately I don‘t have easy access to bloodwork.

From what I‘ve seen online your body produces 30-40mcg T3 naturally per day. So I‘m planning to take 37.5mcg, does this sound good?

T4 is normally used for thyroid replacement and some use a combination of T4 and T3. I wouldn't use solely T3, it's pharmacokinetics aren't the best to be used by it self.

T4 is normally used for thyroid replacement and some use a combination of T4 and T3. I wouldn't use solely T3, it's pharmacokinetics aren't the best to be used by it self.
Unfortunately I have three boxes of T3 laying around, but no T4. Should I really get my hands on T4 or is it fine to run T3 for thyroid replacement just for some more weeks?

Unfortunately I have three boxes of T3 laying around, but no T4. Should I really get my hands on T4 or is it fine to run T3 for thyroid replacement just for some more weeks?

It's not unheard off and some people certainly are only on T3, however as I said, it's pharmacokinetics are awful and you have to take it multiple times a days, but even then, you still experience ups and down ... You'll live. If you have any other questions I suggest you go to some other place then a bodybuilding forum, which is more specialized on thyroid replacement. Even r/hypothyroidism should be ok.

What's the long story?

I abused the F out of t3 in college and my thyroid recovered completely fine.

25mcg would be a good replacement dose but I agree with Jin in that t4 is much more practical if you have actual thyroid deficiency problems

actual replacement doses start a little lower somewhere around 12.5 T3 and 75 T4 I may be wrong on the exact doses though. Like others have stated I would get T4, but it’s more important to go see a doctor. If you’re actually all out of whack they can help you dial it in. If you’re refusing to go to a doc, indian pharmas sell the t3/t4 combo similar to what is prescribed in the states

The reason why I‘m using T3 HRT is that I‘ve lost a lot of weight (including muscle) way too quickly from abusing it and now I want to continue recomping for 3-4 more weeks and then taper down until I finally drop this shit and throw it away.

I could order some T4 if it‘s actually that important, but I‘m not sure if it will arrive on time.

The reason why I‘m using T3 HRT is that I‘ve lost a lot of weight (including muscle) way too quickly from abusing it and now I want to continue recomping for 3-4 more weeks and then taper down until I finally drop this shit and throw it away.

I could order some T4 if it‘s actually that important, but I‘m not sure if it will arrive on time.
Up your calories to a maintenance or slightly over. It will bounce back fast. Do a blood work before you jump on meds. Most people tend to think they have issues when everything is normal. Next time lose weight slow and steady.

I don't understand why you need t3 in your stack. If you are recomping there is no need for it. If I remember your thread you are on tren right? And even if you are on test only, drop the frickin t3, you don't need it at all. That's for late late in a cut and realistically not needed by hobbyists. Thyroid is going to come back up quickly.

Up your calories to a maintenance or slightly over. It will bounce back fast. Do a blood work before you jump on meds. Most people tend to think they have issues when everything is normal. Next time lose weight slow and steady.
You‘re right, I didn‘t do bloodwork, but I had almost every symptom of hypothyroidism and within one day of taking T3 those symptoms went away. I should have gone with slow and steady weight loss nevertheless.

I don't understand why you need t3 in your stack. If you are recomping there is no need for it. If I remember your thread you are on tren right? And even if you are on test only, drop the frickin t3, you don't need it at all. That's for late late in a cut and realistically not needed by hobbyists. Thyroid is going to come back up quickly.
Can I just go from 37.5mcg to 0mcg within one day? I‘m only on Test right now, but some of the Tren is probably still in my body because it was Enanthate.

whatever your dose is, tamper it in and out, also the usual dosage is 4:1 T4 and T3 ratio, but literature often say that 14:1 (T4:T3) (or a bit more up to 20) is a more bioidentical ratio in humans
I suggest essential vitamins and iodine , selenium, potassium, vitamin K

You‘re right, I didn‘t do bloodwork, but I had almost every symptom of hypothyroidism and within one day of taking T3 those symptoms went away. I should have gone with slow and steady weight loss nevertheless.

Can I just go from 37.5mcg to 0mcg within one day? I‘m only on Test right now, but some of the Tren is probably still in my body because it was Enanthate.

As others have noted, taper down, don't just abruptly stop.

Definitely taper down esp since you're not running T4 & sounds like you don't know what your tsh is. Usually I run t4 and I can just drop t3 from 25 down to 12.5 for 4 days and stop and have no issues. But I don't run t4 higher than replacement at 25 either.

Thanks for the help guys. I will taper down and I‘ve also bought a selenium / iodine supplement. When is the best time to do bloodwork? I thought about doing a thyroid blood test 2 weeks after stopping T3.

Thanks for the help guys. I will taper down and I‘ve also bought a selenium / iodine supplement. When is the best time to do bloodwork? I thought about doing a thyroid blood test 2 weeks after stopping T3.
I would do blood work now just pull TSH which is super cheap like 13$ through marek including the 5$ lab draw fee and see if your thyroid is even online right now. If your tsh is within range then I would run 25ug t3 for 1 week then 2 weeks at 12.5ug & stop. I personally would pull TSH again after 1 full week of 12.5ug. You could even add 1 week of 6.25ug at the end. After stopping t3 in a month I would test TSH, free t4 & free t3

If your tsh is in the gutter I would probably run a month of 25ug t3 then reduce to 12.5 for a month and retest your tsh & add free t4. After getting your results back if numbers look good then I would reduce to 6.25ug for a week and stop then pull tsh, free t4 & free t3 in a month

I was misdiagnosed for having underactive thyroid, by a bit clueless and old doc. I came off of t4 or levothyroxine a while ago which I was 1.5 years on. It took me about one month to get normal thyroid parameters and then after 2 months it was raising and I felt better and finally after 4 months it completely recovered with perfectly functioning thyroid. I imagine with t3 it would take far less time to fully recover, if you were healthy before.