Test Cycle - PCT Necessary for TRT Patient?

RoughRider1

Hey all. I’ve been on TRT FOR 3 years and currently dose 125mg/week test cyp with 1000 iu hcg and 1.5 mg anastrozole. I would like to run a test only cycle at 600mg for 16 weeks and would continue to run both the anastrozole and hcg throughout the cycle. For my PCT, would I simply just resume my trt dosage? Thanks in advance.

Solution
The goal of PCT is to help your body get back to producing natural testosterone again.

If you are on TRT, your ability to produce testosterone naturally sucks. So, there's no logic in doing a PCT because you have essentially no natural testosterone to produce normally.

Adding other compounds doesn't change this.
Thanks for the quick reply, that was what I had assumed. As I begin to add other steroids such as Deca and Dbol, does this method change (just resuming trt dosages)? Also, if there’s a reference source or thread titled “Cycling for Dummies - A TRT patient’s guide to Cycling”, feel free to refer me to it. I did some searches and couldn’t find much.

Last edited:
The goal of PCT is to help your body get back to producing natural testosterone again.

If you are on TRT, your ability to produce testosterone naturally sucks. So, there's no logic in doing a PCT because you have essentially no natural testosterone to produce normally.

Adding other compounds doesn't change this.

Solution
Well, some things might change with other compounds. For instance, your TRT is 125 mg a week. Let's say you add Deca to a cycle at something like 1000mg test and 500 mg Deca.

When you stop, and simply resume 125 mg testosterone, that Deca is going to hang around for another 6-8 weeks. If you are one of the (many) persons who experiences softer erections on test to Deca ratios of 2:1, then it might be advisable to ramp down the testosterone dosage over time rather than all at once resuming 125 mg a week.

If you are not one of those persons, then just resume TRT.

You can also take a break. That is, inject nothing for a month. Then resume TRT.

Many of us who are now lifetime TRT take a break anyway after competitions or anything like that when we have spent some time abusing the body with harsher compounds and higher doses. I do (but not so long that my wife will have anything to complaint about).

Well, some things might change with other compounds. For instance, your TRT is 125 mg a week. Let's say you add Deca to a cycle at something like 1000mg test and 500 mg Deca.

When you stop, and simply resume 125 mg testosterone, that Deca is going to hang around for another 6-8 weeks. If you are one of the (many) persons who experiences softer erections on test to Deca ratios of 2:1, then it might be advisable to ramp down the testosterone dosage over time rather than all at once resuming 125 mg a week.

You can also take a break. That is, inject nothing for a month. Then resume TRT.

Many of us who are now lifetime TRT take a break anyway after competitions or anything like that when we have spent some time abusing the body with harsher compounds and higher doses. I do (but not so long that my wife will have anything to complaint about).
Why stopping TRT? It sounds very crazy at my ears..

Thanks for the response @melfeasance. I’m on trt due to low free test (total test numbers are within range) - would it be safe to assume that you’ve learned much of your pct protocol through trial and error (and monitor bloodwork)? I don’t see too many posts on pct for those who on trt. I’d be interested to learn more about other options on heavier cycles.

Trial and error - but to be clear I do not "PCT" anymore. Just resume TRT, maybe with a break from injecting anything for a while if I feel my body needs it.

No PCT is needed for those on TRT, because you are not trying to restart you production of testosterone, which is the supposed purpose of Post Cycle Therapy.

Hey all. I’ve been on TRT FOR 3 years and currently dose 125mg/week test cyp with 1000 iu hcg and 1.5 mg anastrozole. I would like to run a test only cycle at 600mg for 16 weeks and would continue to run both the anastrozole and hcg throughout the cycle. For my PCT, would I simply just resume my trt dosage? Thanks in advance.
Thats alot of HCG and especially Arimidex. Have you been doing bloods to ensure you're not crashing your estrogen? You could save some coin on the HCG and run it at 500/wk instead. Good luck with the blast.

Thats alot of HCG and especially Arimidex. Have you been doing bloods to ensure you're not crashing your estrogen? You could save some coin on the HCG and run it at 500/wk instead. Good luck with the blast.
Thanks for your reply - bloodwork has been done to get to these dosages. Arimidex is higher than I'd care for it to be, but without it my estradiol hit 117 pg/ml. 1.5mg keeps it around 25. HCG seems in line with typical protocols to preserve fertility (Preserving fertility in the hypogonadal patient). Appreciate it - looking forward to the blast!

Thanks for your reply - bloodwork has been done to get to these dosages. Arimidex is higher than I'd care for it to be, but without it my estradiol hit 117 pg/ml. 1.5mg keeps it around 25. HCG seems in line with typical protocols to preserve fertility (Preserving fertility in the hypogonadal patient). Appreciate it - looking forward to the blast!
Right on man. Sounds like you've got it dialed. Just checking in.