Using 0.2 micron filter for drawing?

Testocyp

Hello! I’ve read that 5 micron filter needles should be used when drawing from ampulls to prevent injecting glass particles. Can a 0.2 micron filter be used instead? How much oil will be lost using a 0.2 micron filter? This is not really a homebrew question but I guess you guys have the best knowledge.

I don't see how you can effectively draw with a .2 micron filter in a timely manner. It's hard enough to push through, I don't see how you could pull through a filter.

I have never used ampules, but is the 5 micron filter used for glass?

I have used ampules for about 2 years before I started to brew myself the steroids.
I never used any filter and is been 10 years since then and I don't have any issues.
When a nurse is injecting something from a ampule he/she doesn't use anything other than a simple needle .

Pulling absolutely wont work.. not enough pressure..

Could draw push into another barrel to backload it with sterile glass free stuff. Ugh fuck ampoules.

I don't see how you can effectively draw with a .2 micron filter in a timely manner. It's hard enough to push through, I don't see how you could pull through a filter.

I have never used ampules, but is the 5 micron filter used for glass?
It’s used for glass, yes.

Pulling absolutely wont work.. not enough pressure..

Could draw push into another barrel to backload it with sterile glass free stuff. Ugh fuck ampoules.
Is it possible to transfer between two 3ml syringes by inserting the slip outlet of the wheel filter into the muzzle of the other syringe?

Hello! I’ve read that 5 micron filter needles should be used when drawing from ampulls to prevent injecting glass particles. Can a 0.2 micron filter be used instead? How much oil will be lost using a 0.2 micron filter? This is not really a homebrew question but I guess you guys have the best knowledge.
Is it possible to transfer between two 3ml syringes by inserting the slip outlet of the wheel filter into the muzzle of the other syringe?

But why? :confused:

I personally have never known or heard of anyone who has been injured by injecting glass from using aas from glass amps. I'm not saying it has never happened, just I've never seen or heard of it in over 30 years.

I want to filter it using a 0.2 micron wheel filter, after some research it seem that the luer slip outlet of the filter can be inserted into a luer syringe. I’m using two 3ml syringes from Braun to transfer between.

WHY do you wish to filter the oil from amps?

Why wouldn't it be sterile and ain't no glass going to get through a 27g slin pin so go with those ;)
I have 26g, I don’t know maybe very small glass fragmemt can get through the needle? My concern is that if I would inject into a vein (will inject into glute + aspirate so not likely) or other blood vessel glass fragment might be very dangerous? And it might irritate and/or infect muscle tissue? The oil I’m using is pretty thick so maybe I will have a hard time with the 0.2 micron filters?

I have 26g, I don’t know maybe very small glass fragmemt can get through the needle? My concern is that if I would inject into a vein (will inject into glute + aspirate so not likely) or other blood vessel glass fragment might be very dangerous? And it might irritate and/or infect muscle tissue? The oil I’m using is pretty thick so maybe I will have a hard time with the 0.2 micron filters?

You're more likely to get struck by lightning or have a 3 way with hot hooters girls right there on the table then you are to inject yourself with glass using a 26g needle!

No but you could put a tip on the filter and put the tip into the other syringe. I've done this for things before, usually water based. For gear you absolutely need a luer lock otherwise it'll pop off from the pressure.