What is the best diet strategy for recomping?

I just stay on the same diet 24/7 and don't worry about throwing on fat really.

Whole foods, raw when possible, organic, and pescatarian (not for some moral reason, I'm just not huge on beef/chicken and pork is disgusting for your health).

Lots of veggies, nuts, fish, fruit, whey isolate, Greek yogurt, ancient grains like quinoa, wild rice etc .

Only high glycemic index carbs I get is immediately post workout. Other than that they're all complex.

It's honestly easier sticking to a diet you lean bulk on than flipflopping for me.

If I wasn't doing that? I'd go straight high protein keto to recomp and keep my calories at or barely above maintenance.

Last edited:
I just stay on the same diet 24/7 and don't worry about throwing on fat really.

Whole foods, raw when possible, organic, and pescatarian (not for some moral reason, I'm just not huge on beef/chicken and pork is disgusting for your health).

Lots of veggies, nuts, fish, fruit, whey isolate, Greek yogurt, ancient grains like quinoa, wild rice etc .

Only high glycemic index carbs I get is immediately post workout. Other than that they're all complex.

It's honestly sticking to a diet you lean bulk on than flipflopping for me.

If I wasn't doing that? I'd go straight high protein keto to recomp and keep my calories at or barely above maintenance.
Interesting i will implement some of this and will do a log.Thanks for the suggestions

Low carb is always an easy go-to if you have a lot of body fat to lose, just not the high fat versions.

There's a reason bodybuilders prefer low fat most of the time. It's easier to get filling meals and keep muscles fuller, relative to high fat low carb.

Low carb is always an easy go-to if you have a lot of body fat to lose, just not the high fat versions.

There's a reason bodybuilders prefer low fat most of the time. It's easier to get filling meals and keep muscles fuller, relative to high fat low carb.
Low carb works well for me man..
once ya figure out what works for you?
Trial/Error
You'll know for your body..
me?
150 or under carbs
I really shed man
also keep protein high

Eat protein especially meat and eggs as they are highly nutritious. Get in enough healthy fats. You already have enough of the other kind stored on board already. Adjust the carbs as needed to maintain energy but still low enough for fat loss. Train hard.

Low carb works well for me man..
once ya figure out what works for you?
Trial/Error
You'll know for your body..
me?
150 or under carbs
I really shed man
also keep protein high

If you're enhanced this doesn't make sense, unless you don't know how to track macros and you get off while eating carbs OR unless you're dealing with blood glucose problems and insulin sensitivity. Otherwise from the time you eat the same calories despite if it's low carb or low fat it must yield the same results. With having carbs though, you can train harder even in deficit..

How to eat for a recomp? What method was the best for you?
I‘m currently eating 4000 calories per day, which is more or less a 700-800 calorie deficit for me and so far my it‘s going well. My macro split is 330P/550C/50F.

I’m doing 30mins of fasted cardio every day with 20mg Yohimbine HCL taken shortly before. My first meal is basically pure protein, usually egg whites with berries. Probably broscience, but I feel like it helps you stay in a fat-burning state longer. Afterwards it‘s the usual things; chicken, beef, fish, eggs, rice, bread, pasta, potatoes, vegetables and fruit.

I interpret recomping as gaining muscle while losing bodyfat. PEDs play a huge role. If I were to do the same protocol on TRT, it would be a plain and simple cut. I‘m using 200mg Test E, 300mg Tren E and 25mcg T3 though, which changes things quite a bit.

Of course a 6 month recomp is going to be less effective than a 4 month bulk followed by cutting aggressively for 2 months, but I feel like it‘s not as taxing mentally.

If you're enhanced this doesn't make sense, unless you don't know how to track macros and you get off while eating carbs OR unless you're dealing with blood glucose problems and insulin sensitivity. Otherwise from the time you eat the same calories despite if it's low carb or low fat it must yield the same results. With having carbs though, you can train harder even in deficit..
Again works for me..
lost bf
gained muscle
recomped..

I‘m currently eating 4000 calories per day, which is more or less a 700-800 calorie deficit for me and so far my it‘s going well. My macro split is 330P/550C/50F.

I’m doing 30mins of fasted cardio every day with 20mg Yohimbine HCL taken shortly before. My first meal is basically pure protein, usually egg whites with berries. Probably broscience, but I feel like it helps you stay in a fat-burning state longer. Afterwards it‘s the usual things; chicken, beef, fish, eggs, rice, bread, pasta, potatoes, vegetables and fruit.

I interpret recomping as gaining muscle while losing bodyfat. PEDs play a huge role. If I were to do the same protocol on TRT, it would be a plain and simple cut. I‘m using 200mg Test E, 300mg Tren E and 25mcg T3 though, which changes things quite a bit.

Of course a 6 month recomp is going to be less effective than a 4 month bulk followed by cutting aggressively for 2 months, but I feel like it‘s not as taxing mentally.
I agree with everything you said and good point on the first meal being protein i might add a little fat to it.No huge insulin spike in the morning is a good idea.

Also best recomp agents are HGH Tren and thyroid i will incorporate all of them in my protocol.
How long has this been going? and do you consider upping calories to a smaller deficit?
Wondering if that would bring more muscle?

I agree with everything you said and good point on the first meal being protein i might add a little fat to it.No huge insulin spike in the morning is a good idea.

Also best recomp agents are HGH Tren and thyroid i will incorporate all of them in my protocol.
How long has this been going? and do you consider upping calories to a smaller deficit?
Wondering if that would bring more muscle?
I‘m in the middle of week 7. You could probably shift the focus more towards muscle gain if you keep a smaller deficit, but I‘m primarily going for fat loss, at least for the start of the cycle.

HGH is definitely a great addition.

I‘m in the middle of week 7. You could probably shift the focus more towards muscle gain if you keep a smaller deficit, but I‘m primarily going for fat loss, at least for the start of the cycle.

HGH is definitely a great addition.
Good luck man seems like you have this figured out.
Do you have or are you considering doing a log of the progress would be nice to see as recomping is a controversial subject around here.

Thanks. I might start one when I‘m back from my vacation in 1-2 weeks.
Would be awesome i want to start one in that time as well i got the Shingles and once its gone its go time.
Even better if more people do it so we can compare and see what works best for future cycle.
Enjoy your Vacation