wtf happened to my brew !?!? oil went hard?

whoremoan1

brewed up some primo last night in GSO, 18/2 bb/ba
i had 2x 10g primo packs so i put them together and brewed the 20g worth
it took ages to finally dissolve all the primo(?)
i heat it and lowered the temp for atleast 25 minutes before it finally looked clear
then i put it through bottle top filter and mistakenly didnt let it cool enough
it went through filter fine but the filter paper looked swollen and saw little cracks in bottle top filter

then i put it through bottle dispenser into vials and it legit hardened up in the vials and in dispenser ???

WTF happened ? i could turn the vial upside down and the oil was solidified and wouldnt come out ???

bit new to this all so still learning

brewed up some primo last night in GSO, 18/2 bb/ba
i had 2x 10g primo packs so i put them together and brewed the 20g worth
it took ages to finally dissolve all the primo(?)
i heat it and lowered the temp for atleast 25 minutes before it finally looked clear
then i put it through bottle top filter and mistakenly didnt let it cool enough
it went through filter fine but the filter paper looked swollen and saw little cracks in bottle top filter

then i put it through bottle dispenser into vials and it legit hardened up in the vials and in dispenser ???

WTF happened ? i could turn the vial upside down and the oil was solidified and wouldnt come out ???

bit new to this all so still learning

Sounds like it crashed. Post up picks for peets sake man.

Sounds like it crashed. Post up picks for peets sake man.
didnt even think to , was so pissed at the time
all that primo gone to waste

any reasons it would have crashed and why it took so long to dissolve into the oil?
every other brew i did was perfect

and why would some crash randomly after months of being fine ?? it wasnt a whole batch but a few out of a batch ???

didnt even think to , was so pissed at the time
all that primo gone to waste

any reasons it would have crashed and why it took so long to dissolve into the oil?
every other brew i did was perfect

and why would some crash randomly after months of being fine ?? it wasnt a whole batch but a few out of a batch ???
Maybe you BA boiled out? Did you add it all in hot and kept it going hot?

Maybe you BA boiled out? Did you add it all in hot and kept it going hot?
added the raws to the ba/bb and stirred a bit with half the GSO then stirred more and put the rest of GSO , after a few minutes of it not dissolving i put on the heat and slowly increased not letting the water come to a boil
just lowered and increased heat until it was finally disolved after like 25 mins of stirring

Guarantee it somehow came from the heat, one way or another.

Idk why ppl are in such a hurry. Mix everything, cover it w handing wrap, and go to the gym or go to bed for the night.
Stir it once when u mix it, if u have time, again a few hrs later. Few things really need much heat and even then ~130F at the end will finish it off...

Guarantee it somehow came from the heat, one way or another.

Idk why ppl are in such a hurry. Mix everything, cover it w handing wrap, and go to the gym or go to bed for the night.
Stir it once when u mix it, if u have time, again a few hrs later. Few things really need much heat and even then ~130F at the end will finish it off...
thanks for the tip i had no idea, still just a beginner
ill try this next lot i do

and why would some crash randomly after months of being fine ??

I don't understand this question... Your original post says you brewed it last night and this post suggests it was brewed months ago and just now crashed?

Regardless, I've seen really crashed gear but I've never seen a vial crash so hard it was completely solidified... That's crazy. So crazy that I think the only explanation for it to crash that badly is that your measurements or math for the oil had to have been off. Your liquid has to be heavily overdosed per ml.

My only other thought is that you mentioned you seemed to have some issues with filtering and there were cracks in the filter (doesn't sound like you should have vialed without refiltering) but it makes me wonder if somehow your brew wasn't really brought into solution.. thus, some vials have a bunch of hormone in them and others have a lot of oil.. that's why some are crashed so much they solidified and others didn't at all (if I'm interpreting your explanation correctly, it's a little confusing).

I don't understand this question... Your original post says you brewed it last night and this post suggests it was brewed months ago and just now crashed?

Regardless, I've seen really crashed gear but I've never seen a vial crash so hard it was completely solidified... That's crazy. So crazy that I think the only explanation for it to crash that badly is that your measurements or math for the oil had to have been off. Your liquid has to be heavily overdosed per ml.

My only other thought is that you mentioned you seemed to have some issues with filtering and there were cracks in the filter (doesn't sound like you should have vialed without refiltering) but it makes me wonder if somehow your brew wasn't really brought into solution.. thus, some vials have a bunch of hormone in them and others have a lot of oil.. that's why some are crashed so much they solidified and others didn't at all (if I'm interpreting your explanation correctly, it's a little confusing).
I read somewhere recently that zapcap is only rated for like 100F, if that. I remember it was a lot lower than I thought it would be.
If he made remark that he was careful not to boil the oil, then a guarantee it was over the rated temp for the filter. Who knows what inside may have gotten melted or dislodged and then mixed w the oil. Then when it cooled, it was almost a solid. I can believe that...

I remember the first time with a bottle top, it was one of those all-in-one. Plastic bottle on the bottom. Pumped that handle to get pressure and busted a leak. I put a finger over it and then it busted another. It ended w me and the wife each covering about as many holes as we had fingers, trying to complete the mission. Lol. Only did that once!

I read somewhere recently that zapcap is only rated for like 100F, if that. I remember it was a lot lower than I thought it would be.
If he made remark that he was careful not to boil the oil, then a guarantee it was over the rated temp for the filter. Who knows what inside may have gotten melted or dislodged and then mixed w the oil. Then when it cooled, it was almost a solid. I can believe that...

I remember the first time with a bottle top, it was one of those all-in-one. Plastic bottle on the bottom. Pumped that handle to get pressure and busted a leak. I put a finger over it and then it busted another. It ended w me and the wife each covering about as many holes as we had fingers, trying to complete the mission. Lol. Only did that once!

Oh man, I've been there... Fuck those autofil bottles, they'll bust a leak if the wind blows too hard outside. Filtering in general is a serious pain in the ass, I have yet to find a method that I really like.

100f is pretty crazy though... I don't really heat any oils I make except at the end to help them flow a little better, so I might get close to that but not much higher. I never trusted getting oils too hot and putting through a filter either.

Oh man, I've been there... Fuck those autofil bottles, they'll bust a leak if the wind blows too hard outside. Filtering in general is a serious pain in the ass, I have yet to find a method that I really like.

100f is pretty crazy though... I don't really heat any oils I make except at the end to help them flow a little better, so I might get close to that but not much higher. I never trusted getting oils too hot and putting through a filter either.
Tren ace degrades at like 212F and that's a low one. Test phenylprop and test iso dissolves very slow and requires some heat when doing 200mg/ml. And TP @150mg/ml is slow at the end too.
I do get a little impatient sometimes and put a burner on like 150F for a few but the oil as a whole is never on long enough to get much above 100 I think.
But yeah, most dnt require heat at all.

Tren ace degrades at like 212F and that's a low one. Test phenylprop and test iso dissolves very slow and requires some heat when doing 200mg/ml. And TP @150mg/ml is slow at the end too.
I do get a little impatient sometimes and put a burner on like 150F for a few but the oil as a whole is never on long enough to get much above 100 I think.
But yeah, most dnt require heat at all.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I turned my burner on more than just enough to warm up the oil... I usually just put the raws and solvents together and let them sit on stir until they dissolve. But, I'm never in a hurry either... I just walk away and pick it back up when it's done.

I remember, test base was the last time I heated things up... You could have fried fish in that beaker.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I turned my burner on more than just enough to warm up the oil... I usually just put the raws and solvents together and let them sit on stir until they dissolve. But, I'm never in a hurry either... I just walk away and pick it back up when it's done.

I remember, test base was the last time I heated things up... You could have fried fish in that beaker.

When I make test suspension I need to use some heat, but that's nothing compared to the amount of heat needed when I brew winny and tren suspension :oops: That's when it's time to pull out the stainless steel equipment lol.

I'm brewing all 3 in the next day or 2 and will be posting up pics ;)

When I make test suspension I need to use some heat, but that's nothing compared to the amount of heat needed when I brew winny and tren suspension :oops: That's when it's time to pull out the stainless steel equipment lol.

I'm brewing all 3 in the next day or 2 and will be posting up pics ;)

Suspension or base? I didn't think you needed any heat with suspension.

lol because the ones that randomly crashed were from a brew i did months ago
they were fine, and then randomly a few out about 20 randomly crashed or looked smoky

the batch i brewed not last night the night before i think i either overheated it and put it in the bottle top filter or it was primo raws at all ??
the ba and bb were definetly correct
i did not take photos because i was pissed off and not sure how taking photos would help in anyway ?? taking photos was the last thing on my mind

Suspension or base? I didn't think you needed any heat with suspension.

Suspension and you absolutely need heat. It's a process that requires some skill and the end results are worth it :) Here's my test suspension.

20210416_203015.jpg