65 year old Male just got first Testosterone bloods back at 42

eddied

Like I said I am 65 and just got my test bloodwork back through quest at 42, retired and work out 5 days a week at 3 am and see my doctor in 3 weeks, sex drive has been off for quite a while and I was beat until I started taking peptide semax at 400mcg daily and thats been a home run so far. What can I expect and what should I ask for as my doc and I are friends as I am pretty clueless and have been reading forums and using the net the last 2 days. I am down 80 lbs on Ozempic in 20 months and in pretty good shape for the life I have led. My insurance covers Test Cypionate both 100 and 200 Ml/mdv at no charge. Can I get some insight from you gentleman going forward on what I am looking at? Thanks

42 of what measurement? Black out all personal info on the labs, screenshot them, and post all the labs here. Very difficult to give advice without seeing the lab report.

It is important to screenshot and post the screenshot image instead of the actual image as there can be digital information on a regular image that can be linked to you, but a screenshot does not have the identifying digital info.

42 of what measurement? Black out all personal info on the labs, screenshot them, and post all the labs here. Very difficult to give advice without seeing the lab report.

It is important to screenshot and post the screenshot image instead of the actual image as there can be digital information on a regular image that can be linked to you, but a screenshot does not have the identifying digital info.
It will not let me attach any files, It does say Testosterone, Total males, IA Referance range 250-827 nd/dl 47 total, This is the only test he ran besids PSA and A1c

Yeezus. 42 is abysmal. Do you have any other testosterone tests from the past? Have you used any AAS, sarms, or hormone altering chemicals before?

Yeezus. 42 is abysmal. Do you have any other testosterone tests from the past? Have you used any AAS, sarms, or hormone altering chemicals before?
No nothing, had issues with diabetes thats it, doing good now in that aspect. Only thing I take is bpc 157 and tb500 for bad elbows and Semax peptide. First go with this type of thing and uneducated until the last few days.

No nothing, had issues with diabetes thats it, doing good now in that aspect. Only thing I take is bpc 157 and tb500 for bad elbows and Semax peptide. First go with this type of thing and uneducated until the last few days.
Wow. That number is insanely low. If I was you I would go get labs drawn on my own just to verify. I use Merek health but private MD labs and Ulta labs are common as well. Merek health uses "LabCorp" facilities which I prefer. You should get a CBC, CMP, testosterone total ultra sensitive, testosterone-free, sex hormone binding globulin, estradiol AKA E2 Ultra sensitive, thyroid panel, lipid panel, c-reactive protein. Those are what I can think of off the top of my head, but if you're serious about this then go get a more complete panel done to verify the testosterone finding in to check the other markers. It's not overly expensive and in your case well worth it. Get that result and then go from there. If your testosterone is indeed that low, you definitely need trt.

Wow. That number is insanely low. If I was you I would go get labs drawn on my own just to verify. I use Merek health but private MD labs and Ulta labs are common as well. Merek health uses "LabCorp" facilities which I prefer. You should get a CBC, CMP, testosterone total ultra sensitive, testosterone-free, sex hormone binding globulin, estradiol AKA E2 Ultra sensitive, thyroid panel, lipid panel, c-reactive protein. Those are what I can think of off the top of my head, but if you're serious about this then go get a more complete panel done to verify the testosterone finding in to check the other markers. It's not overly expensive and in your case well worth it. Get that result and then go from there. If your testosterone is indeed that low, you definitely need trt.
I got it and just Texted my doc, I really appreciate the time you took on a sunday to help me. Best wishes

I
I got it and just Texted my doc, I really appreciate the time you took on a sunday to help me. Best wishes
Today I'm laid up in bed with only the energy to move my thumbs! If your doc will play ball then you're gtg. Depending on the doc and insurance many get serious resistance to lab draw requests, but if he's on board you have a keeper. If he won't do it just go the private route for now or find a urologist who gets it.

I

Today I'm laid up in bed with only the energy to move my thumbs! If your doc will play ball then you're gtg. Depending on the doc and insurance many get serious resistance to lab draw requests, but if he's on board you have a keeper. If he won't do it just go the private route for now or find a urologist who gets it.
I met with my doc today and he agreed on my low number and called this in, Testosterone cyp 2000 mg/ 10ml. I guess i'll be off to the races when I figure out which syringes to use. Thanks again for your help.

I met with my doc today and he agreed on my low number and called this in, Testosterone cyp 2000 mg/ 10ml. I guess i'll be off to the races when I figure out which syringes to use. Thanks again for your help.
You've got a solid doctor there. Stick with that guy. There are excellent threads here about trt and how to go about it, including injection spots, syringe types, starting dose, when to check labs and how to get dialed in, everything you need. Hit up the search bar in the top right and start looking around and you'll find all the info you need.

You need to get your dosage dialed in and that can take months so make sure to focus on that first. Good luck and stick around! There's a ton of good info on this site. There are many years of old threads with excellent information.

Sponsors