AAA Panel Imposes 4-Year Sanctions on [Texas] Dr. Jeffrey Brown for Anti-Doping Violations

Michael Scally MD

Doctor of Medicine
10+ Year Member
FYI: Brown is a Texas endocrinologist. I do not recall seeing anything done by the TSBME. But, clearly what Brown did was contrary to rules.

AAA Panel Imposes 4-Year Sanctions on Alberto Salazar and Dr. Jeffrey Brown for Multiple Anti-Doping Rule Violations
AAA Panel Imposes 4-Year Sanctions on Alberto Salazar and Dr. Jeffrey Brown for Multiple Anti-Doping Rule Violations - Sports Integrity Initiative

USADA announced today that two independent three-member panels of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) rendered their decisions in the cases of Alberto Salazar and Dr. Jeffrey Brown, determining that each should receive a 4-year sanction for orchestrating and facilitating prohibited doping conduct while acting, respectively, as head coach of the Nike Oregon Project (NOP) and as a paid consultant for the NOP on performance enhancement and as physician for numerous athletes in the NOP.

“The athletes in these cases found the courage to speak out and ultimately exposed the truth,” said USADA Chief Executive Officer Travis T. Tygart. “While acting in connection with the Nike Oregon Project, Mr. Salazar and Dr. Brown demonstrated that winning was more important than the health and wellbeing of the athletes they were sworn to protect.”

The panel determined that Brown violated anti-doping rules by:

1. Tampering with patient records under WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) Code Art. 2.5 (2009 & 2015), which carries a sanction of 2 years WADA Code Art. 10.3.1 (2009), and 4 years under WADA Code Art. 10.3.1 (2015).

2. Administration of an over-limit L-carnitine infusion under WADA Code Art. 2.8 (2009 & 2015), which carries a minimum sanction of 4 years up to a maximum lifetime ban under WADA Code Art. 10.3.2 (2009) and WADA Code Art. 10.3.3 (2015).

3. Complicity in Salazar’s trafficking of testosterone under WADA Code Art. 2.8 (2009) and WADA Code Art. 2.9 (2015). Under WADA Code Art. 10.3.2 (2009), a complicity violation carries a minimum sanction of 4 years up to a maximum lifetime ban. Under WADA Code Art. 10.3.4 (2015), a complicity violation carries a sanction of 2 to 4 years.

Brown Decision: https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Brown_Final-Award.pdf

Last edited:
Expose the truth? Lol they just want the heat away from them and a deal was giving to them. Thats it! One of my docs in NY got arrested as well. The thing was tgat I didnt know what was goong while I was a patient. I found out later when I moved to FL and tried calling them for my records to switch docs. Someone then told me that the DEA has my files which i was pissed off that they can take my record and look without my permission. Anyways thats the dea lol they can do anything in reality lol. Anyways. Thanks for the information!

Back