Alternative to Calking Gun

sinistral

I built this contraption and have used it successfully for several months now so I just thought I'd throw this out there as an alternative to the calking gun method.

The top portion with the dumbbell on it slides down guided by the metal bars (front and back). There is a groove for the dumbbell to rest in so it doesn't roll around. I've used as high as 15lbs without blowing out the filter (never tried 20lbs)

I'm not saying this is faster than the caulking gun method but it's nice to be able to clean up while syringes are filling up. Just keep an eye on it and swap out syringes as they fill up.

As an idea of how fast this goes I timed my last brew.
Using a 10lb DB
Test C. at 200mg/mL
C8/C10 MCT oil
4 vials took 13, 16, 19, and 23 minutes respectively

gravity press.jpg

I only do 100-200 mls at a time. And just work my forearms to get a good pump i can go through that amount in well under 1/2 hour.

I built this contraption and have used it successfully for several months now so I just thought I'd throw this out there as an alternative to the calking gun method.

The top portion with the dumbbell on it slides down guided by the metal bars (front and back). There is a groove for the dumbbell to rest in so it doesn't roll around. I've used as high as 15lbs without blowing out the filter (never tried 20lbs)

I'm not saying this is faster than the caulking gun method but it's nice to be able to clean up while syringes are filling up. Just keep an eye on it and swap out syringes as they fill up.

Using a 10lb DB
Test C. at 200mg/mL
C8/C10 MCT oil

View attachment 280763
Building that is not worth my time to be honest. Rather buy a high end caulking gun.

Using a 10lb DB
Test C. at 200mg/mL
C8/C10 MCT oil

View attachment 280763

Winner of your kids next science fair competition.

I have a Milwaukee 12v one and it works on its lowest speed. For me it is too bulky and not worth the hassle, although I generally only brew 30ml at a time. If I were brewing more, it might be worth it.