Anyone tried Mirabegron?

deeoeraclea

Vigorous Steve has been singing the praises of Mirabegron (brand name Betmiga) on a few of his recent Q&A's. He says he will dedicate a video to it soon, but has yet to do so. Has anyone tried it? If so, what were your doses, results and side-effects? How does it compare to clenbuterol (in terms of fat loss and side effects)?

50-100 mg/d for a couple months and I still got up to pee in the middle of the night.

One study showed it improved glucose homeostasis in humans with obesity (study ref). Theoretically it should cause lipolysis but didn't result in weight loss in that study.

Here's a review on why it should work but doesn't explain well why it doesn't work.
If I remember correctly,

My understanding is that Mirabegron is a Beta-3-agonist and its proposed mechanism of action for increasing the metabolic rate is by increasing energy expenditure of Brown Adipose Tissue, which unlike WAT has exothermic potential intended to maintain homeostasis of body temperature.

Here is the thing, we dont actually know if humans have signifigant quantities of BAT. Its also been hypothesised that not everyone has BAT, and estimates are that only 10% of people do.

However, there is one study where 12 male participants were given 200mg of Mirabegron, and at the peak of Mirabegron's activity in the body, an extra 200 calories were burnt above their basal metabolic rates. This could lead to a rate of fatloss approximately 1lbs every 2.5 weeks.

However, there is one study where 12 male participants were given 200mg of Mirabegron, and at the peak of Mirabegron's activity in the body, an extra 200 calories were burnt above their basal metabolic rates. This could lead to a rate of fatloss approximately 1lbs every 2.5 weeks.

Lots of things look good on paper, got all the "mechanisms" (beta-3/BAT in this case), but don't work in humans.

Increased expenditure by 200 kcals in one day (study) but no fat loss after 12 weeks (study). Sometimes the mechanisms just don't pan out.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I hope you get results. Manage expectations, that's all. Maybe the enthusiasm of trying a new compound will cause you to unwittingly eat less. Still counts imo.

50-100 mg/d for a couple months and I still got up to pee in the middle of the night.

One study showed it improved glucose homeostasis in humans with obesity (study ref). Theoretically it should cause lipolysis but didn't result in weight loss in that study.

Here's a review on why it should work but doesn't explain well why it doesn't work.
I think Mirabegron might have potential, but in higher doses. In the study I provided above, they used 200mg to burn 200 calories. Thats the amount of calories i'd expect from a moderate dosage of T3, and we all recognise T3 as a decent weight loss aid.

At 50-100mg you'd be only burning 100 calories daily (assuming a liner relationship between dose and increase in metabolic rate). 100 calories a day is 1lbs every 35 days. If you only ran it for couple months that is only 2lbs. You're unlikely to notice that and it makes so many more variables relevant.

I'm thinking Mirabegron is better administered in higher dosages around 300-350mg. I have no clue what the side effect profile of Mirabegron is at that dosage though.

What do you think mate?

Lots of things look good on paper, got all the "mechanisms" (beta-3/BAT in this case), but don't work in humans.

Increased expenditure by 200 kcals in one day (study) but no fat loss after 12 weeks (study). Sometimes the mechanisms just don't pan out.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I hope you get results. Manage expectations, that's all. Maybe the enthusiasm of trying a new compound will cause you to unwittingly eat less. Still counts imo.
You're right. We just dont know enough about Mirabegron yet. Vigorous steve mentioned it in one of his recent videos. I'm hoping that brings some attention to mirabegron and we get more data. I hope it does have fatloss potential because this would be a new pathway to aid fatloss, but we gotta manage expectations

I think Mirabegron might have potential, but in higher doses. In the study I provided above, they used 200mg to burn 200 calories. Thats the amount of calories i'd expect from a moderate dosage of T3, and we all recognise T3 as a decent weight loss aid.

At 50-100mg you'd be only burning 100 calories daily (assuming a liner relationship between dose and increase in metabolic rate). 100 calories a day is 1lbs every 35 days. If you only ran it for couple months that is only 2lbs. You're unlikely to notice that and it makes so many more variables relevant.

I'm thinking Mirabegron is better administered in higher dosages around 300-350mg. I have no clue what the side effect profile of Mirabegron is at that dosage though.

What do you think mate?
You already have the stuff on the way, right? Go for it.

You're right. We just dont know enough about Mirabegron yet. Vigorous steve mentioned it in one of his recent videos. I'm hoping that brings some attention to mirabegron and we get more data. I hope it does have fatloss potential because this would be a new pathway to aid fatloss, but we gotta manage expectations

Beta-3/BAT is not a new pathway.