Band shirts. Yea or nah for men in 40s?

I build houses for million and billionaires. Not going to say any names. But guess what they all drive. Mercedes or bmw, Limos or luxury suvs?

Never seen any, they all drive new Toyota Prius and shit. That’s why they have money.
30-40k $ cars, and you see broke ass bodybuilders in rented or leased foreign or super cars lmao.
The ones that have it, sometimes they flaunt it (and enjoy it openly), and some others don't, so like you say you wouldn't be able to tell.
Maybe they have the money because they saved it, but many have it and they do not enjoy it.
When they put you 6ft under, though, you don't take it with you.
If I had so much money, I wouldn't just throw it away in a stupid way, but I would certainly use it to make my existence as good as possible.

The broke ass that use their credit card because they want the lifestyle and stuff and cannot do it any other way are just going to flash it, you are right, otherwise what is the point?

Honestly i'm passed that stage. I'm 36 now and only wearing 2-3 band shirts and the heaviest is this godless endeavor from Nevermore. No way i'd wear None so vile from Cryptopsy or any Morbid Angel etc. I'm in a point i don't like to draw THAT much attention, even muscles wise i never go to grocery store with tank top etc. Already many guys staring like creeps, there's no need to feed the trolls. Of course it's their problem and not mine (or yours) i just prefer to be looked for other reasons than looking extra jacked in tank top or like i'm a satan admirer. It was fun when i was 20 but now i'm not into it. I'd wear this "heavy" clothing when going to a festival or in a metal pub or smt. Just my personal pov, not judging anyone.
I probably have over a hundred band shirts lol. It's 90% of my wardrobe. The other 5% is darker colored polo's, shirt and tie stuff and plain colored Ts.

I wear my Morbid Angel, Deicide, Dying Fetus shirts still running errands.

I cannot relate to a person who even pays attention to what another grown man is wearing and to top it off, actually give some type of facial reaction to it. Or even stare at it.

I'm so into my own world and thoughts and what I need to do next, that giving a thought about another's shirt seems like a waste of mental energy.

Of course you're always free to wear whatever you choose, and everything looks better worn with confidence.

On the other hand, by your 40s you should know that the world will make assumptions and interact with you based in large part on your appearance, and no amount of bravado will change that.
I 100% can't relate to that. I interact with people based on their attitude. If they seem fair and decent, I'll be the same to them.

I don't know how masculine it is to be so self conscious and needing the respect (or better put, affirmation) of complete strangers.

I doubt Arnold walked around in public, afraid people will judge him as being too freakishly big.

Screw them dude.. You do You..

I tell myself the same, if it came down to getting naked I look better..

Or better yet I just imagine putting one of those people through a real all out training session..
I immediately would have more respect for a jacked dude wearing a Slayer shirt, than a fat/skinny guy wearing a captain America or Coors light shirt or whatever dumb shit I see everyday.

I 100% can't relate to that. I interact with people based on their attitude. If they seem fair and decent, I'll be the same to them.

I don't know how masculine it is to be so self conscious and needing the respect (or better put, affirmation) of complete strangers.

I doubt Arnold walked around in public, afraid people will judge him as being too freakishly big.
It’s self conscious and insecure behavior. The more you have, be it confidence, money, or both - the less your tendency to display it as a symbol of your value to the world.

I probably have over a hundred band shirts lol. It's 90% of my wardrobe. The other 5% is darker colored polo's, shirt and tie stuff and plain colored Ts.

I wear my Morbid Angel, Deicide, Dying Fetus shirts still running errands.

I cannot relate to a person who even pays attention to what another grown man is wearing and to top it off, actually give some type of facial reaction to it. Or even stare at it.

I'm so into my own world and thoughts and what I need to do next, that giving a thought about another's shirt seems like a waste of mental energy.

Then buddy this is your identity, this is who you are, why asking random ppl in a forum if they approve it or not?

I born and raised with metal, had my first electric guitar at 7, still to this day i go watch gigs and festivals and play the shite out of my guitar, i have 2 inks of my fave bands and a good album collection etc i'm just not the typical metalhead who screams it from a mile. For me it's something more personal. To close this, it's simply 2 kinds of people, those who GAF and those who don't. I give a fck because that gives me peace of mind, knowing i won't draw too much attention with a rotting Christ on the cross haha

It’s self conscious and insecure behavior. The more you have, be it confidence, money, or both - the less your tendency to display it as a symbol of your value to the world.
My mind is so into my own interests: nutrition, lifting, metal, and most of all my family, that someone else's appearance is furthest from my mind

My mind is so into my own interests: nutrition, lifting, metal, and most of all my family, that someone else's appearance is furthest from my mind
Honestly man, when I see someone driving to work at 8am in their Porsche and their oxford shirt, I think "That poor bastard" because you just know he's working 60 hour weeks at the firm, and for what? Paying an expensive car payment and playing dress-up in the morning?

At the end of the day it's whatever makes you happy. But not wearing the clothes you want to wear because you live in constant fear of other's judgment isn't for me.

Then buddy this is your identity, this is who you are, why asking random ppl in a forum if they approve it or not?

I born and raised with metal, had my first electric guitar at 7, still to this day i go watch gigs and festivals and play the shite out of my guitar, i have 2 inks of my fave bands and a good album collection etc i'm just not the typical metalhead who screams it from a mile. For me it's something more personal. To close this, it's simply 2 kinds of people, those who GAF and those who don't. I give a fck because that gives me peace of mind, knowing i won't draw too much attention with a rotting Christ on the cross haha
Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse once said, "if you care about the opinion of others, that makes you their prisoner." That actually makes sense to me

I posted my original post on here because it's the only forum I'm on and also because people in my immediate small circle have given me their opinions already. I wasn't in need of the approval of others but just wanted to see the views of others

Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse once said, "if you care about the opinion of others, that makes you their prisoner." That actually makes sense to me

Yeah, i disagree. I would feel a prisoner by having their eyes on me. Now i blend into the normies and i feel fine. So it comes down to what really someone prefers. If you were forced to change you would hate it and so do i.

Sponsors

Latest posts