Being Considered a Big Guy

cdoubleu

I’ve never considered myself a big guy. Probably a lot to do with body dysmorphia that I don’t know I have. Tall and skinny for so much of my life.

Lately very often people call me big guy and comment on my size. What’s changed, because I don’t feel my physic has changed all that much this year.

I’ve probably traded out 7-8lbs of fat for muscle and remain the same weight on a slow recomp. Is that really enough for people to start noticing a difference?

I’ve never considered myself a big guy. Probably a lot to do with body dysmorphia that I don’t know I have. Tall and skinny for so much of my life.

Lately very often people call me big guy and comment on my size. What’s changed, because I don’t feel my physic has changed all that much this year.

I’ve probably traded out 7-8lbs of fat for muscle and remain the same weight on a slow recomp. Is that really enough for people to start noticing a difference?
Stats ??

Height
Weight
Approx Bf%

Fitness standards are incredibly low if you live in the west. But you might be a big guy. Who knows?

I feel when I get a lot of the same compliments, I start to believe they are being genuine. If 1-3 person said I looked big I wouldn't believe that.

7 or 8lbs of fat to muscle is a huge difference. Especially to genpop

Fitness standards are incredibly low if you live in the west. But you might be a big guy. Who knows?

I feel when I get a lot of the same compliments, I start to believe they are being genuine. If 1-3 person said I looked big I wouldn't believe that.
I’m not big by any real standards, that’s for sure. To the average person maybe. It just seems like a comment that seems to be made frequently more recently.

I’ll have to wait till fall to finally jump on the juice so it doesn’t raise alarm.

I got told repeatedly today that I looked “skinny” and why did I want to continue losing weight and they couldn’t believe I wasn’t a lot lighter than what I was.

Feels reeeeeel good mane. Cut is almost over.

lol. people used to call me big all the time before i stopped training. never understood it until i lost all the muscle and look at some old pictures. was looking freaky lol

No that’s terrible. Nobody on this board wants to be “skinny”.

Idk how much longer I can go. Still have some back fat that needs to go. Holding out for 8 more pounds I hope. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
I figured you meant mission accomplished on the cut. Lean. Haaa.

6' 3" will get people to call you big guy in itself.
Now of you were 5'9" 240lbs learn I'd believe it everytime.

6' 3" will get people to call you big guy in itself.
Now of you were 5'9" 240lbs learn I'd believe it everytime.

Depends what clothes you're wearing. 240 @ 6'3" could look like a bean pole and 5'9" could look fat.

A tank top tells a different story compared to baggy clothing.

It's all about how you compare to the people in your gym/town. If you're in an area with a lot of bodybuilders, no you wouldn't be considered big. But if it's just average gym goers than sure. I'm the same height and about 40lbs heavier and I wouldn't consider myself big. Sure bigger than the average person but as a bodybuilder if I stepped on a national stage in the open division I sure wouldn't look big. Now someone like @Mac11wildcat is going to look big wherever he goes haha

Back