bench press and shoulder pain

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by thegr8tone, Jan 25, 2004.

1. hizhonor

hizhonor Junior Member

I just had surgery to repair a rotator cuff tear. Believe me, this is the extreme answer; but if your condition warrants it, there is no substitute. You should review you x-rays to determine if you have a bone spur at the acromion. If that is the case, arm movement will allow the spur to wear away the muscle until it is completely severed. If the muscle (supraspinatus) is severed the condition may be irreversible--a bad thing; because pushing movements will forever be impaired. Don't perform self treatment too long before getting a look at x-rays.

2. Wolf

Wolf Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys. Hey hizhonor, how bad was the scar from the surgery and are you allowed to move your arm much yet. I am planning on getting it looked at but my insurance doesn't kick in for another month and a half. I can definitly feel something strang going on in there as opposed to the other arm. i can even hear it just barly make a little sound at a certain point when my arm is rotated lateraly. You have me worried about that bonespur thing now lol...

3. dzl66

dzl66 Junior Member

I gotta agree with this post 100% dbs give you a great overall pec workout and the motion is not "locked in" to a bar. I could never really feel bench presses in my pecs anyway felt them more in the anterior delts.