Best type of email address to use for online orders?

Proton is good, but still has your emails in its server and they WILL give them up if a law enforcement agency sends an official request.

Tor is not optimal because the exit node can be compromised. Use a no log vpn that can be purchased by anonymous means with no trail back to you or your ip.
Thanks for the tips. Over here we have no major concerns, as it is in the grey zone. It is okay if you use for yourself, but selling on the other hand you're in big trouble. Drugs (narcotics) are way bigger problem and more interesting to law enforcement.

Thanks for the tips. Over here we have no major concerns, as it is in the grey zone. It is okay if you use for yourself, but selling on the other hand you're in big trouble. Drugs (narcotics) are way bigger problem and more interesting to law enforcement.
Yeap same here but OPSEC is never enough, things can change in a short time without previous notice. Hope for the best be ready for the worst. And it's so damn easy and cheap so why not?

Exactly all these other "security and safety precautions" are just ways to sell the idea of security. It's security theater. It really comes down to how important you as an individual are. Everything is tracable and crackable with enough effort.
Agreed, but if you’re a small fish why not make it harder?

Like you said if it’s worth the effort.

If I’m fishing and I need to eat and I can catch small fish with minimal effort I would take this route

But if a big fish takes a little more effort than the small fish I would focus on them.

While small fish aren’t the ideal catch if you catch a few they make good bait to catch a big one.

Agreed, but if you’re a small fish why not make it harder?

Like you said if it’s worth the effort.

If I’m fishing and I need to eat and I can catch small fish with minimal effort I would take this route

But if a big fish takes a little more effort than the small fish I would focus on them.

While small fish aren’t the ideal catch if you catch a few they make good bait to catch a big one.
Perhaps you are right and your words make sense and tend to believe.

Should it be something like ProtonMail, even if the vendor themselves use protonmail? What would be another provider of encrypted email?
None
Are you kidding?
Everything is tracked back to the device you use.
Right down to your physical address while using it.

None
Are you kidding?
Everything is tracked back to the device you use.
Right down to your physical address while using it.
Unfortunately, this is a reality and there will be even more control in the future. Matrix are implemented.

ProtonMail is compromised. That being said, not sure there is an easy alternative.
You say protonmail is compromised? Which I don't doubt and I'm not challenging your statement. But I hear in this same forum people saying use protonmail with a VPN and ur good? Do we not have other viable options?

You say protonmail is compromised? Which I don't doubt and I'm not challenging your statement. But I hear in this same forum people saying use protonmail with a VPN and ur good? Do we not have other viable options?
No it's not. At least not anymore than any of them. People parrot things they see online. There was a case of protonmail having to comply with interpol or some such EU authority. They only thing can could/did hand over was the date/time an email was sent, the subject, and the sender/receiver email address. Which is ALWAYS in the clear information.

Additionally if your source uses it YOU USE IT. Because it's automatically encrypted with PGP between protonmail users.

Tor over VPN is ridiculously simple with paid Proton VPN plan. The unlimited package bundles email, vpn, etc.

However, that is putting a lot of trust in Proton's claimed no log VPN policy.

Last edited: