Bloodwork Results - Hyperresponder? Insane Total T on 150mg/week

666bym

Hello,

Recently got my labs back and it does not really make sense to me. Labs were taken on a Sunday evening at trough with 3x weekly injections of 50mg Mon/Wed/Fri. No HCG or any other add-ons at the moment and have started TRT in April '24. For reference, I'm lifting heavy 5-6x/ week, muscular built, bodyfat anywhere between 10-14% and eating a wholefood diet.

Total Testosterone:
What bothers me is that my Total T sits at 23 ng/ml which equates to 2300 ng/dL. I was not trying to go this high with my dose of just 150mg per week. How are my levels so sky high, when I am nowhere near blasting? Is my body just extremely efficient at metabolising Testosterone or what could this be caused by?

Free Testosterone and Ratio of Free to Total T:
Next, I don't get the reference range and value for my Free T. Most guys I see on here have a Free T of something like 27ng/dl, which would equate to 270pg/ml. Most reference range for Free T in ng/dl go up to 25ng/dl. If this is the reference range for ng/dl, how is the reference range for pg/ml on my lab the same, when there is a factor of 10x between ng/dl to pg/ml? My reading of 62.97 pg/ml would equate to 6,297 ng/dl Free Testosterone which does not make any sense.

This also leads the Free T to Total T ratio being absolutely abysmal, as it would only be 0.27% (62.97pg/ml Free T to 23 ng/ml Total T). Is there any explanation for this? Is it due to the Free T and Total being taken by different asseys? Is this because you cannot compare calculated and measured Free T ratio? Or did my lab just straight out put the wrong unit and I have to interpret my Free T result as ng/dl instead of pg/ml (honestly this is the only thing that would make sense to me).

Anyways, even disregarding the Total T/ Free T ratio, this puts me at 2.5x the reference range for Free T and Total T, which definitely was not my aim. Am I a hyper, hyper responder or could it be due to the assey used by the lab? Thankful for any kind of input.

Cheers!

Attachments

• insane-total-t-on-150mg-week-hyperresponder-v0-2bpdfwnvww8d1.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 15
Free Testosterone and Ratio of Free to Total T:
Next, I don't get the reference range and value for my Free T. Most guys I see on here have a Free T of something like 27ng/dl, which would equate to 270pg/ml. Most reference range for Free T in ng/dl go up to 25ng/dl. If this is the reference range for ng/dl, how is the reference range for pg/ml on my lab the same, when there is a factor of 10x between ng/dl to pg/ml? My reading of 62.97 pg/ml would equate to 6,297 ng/dl Free Testosterone which does not make any sense.
The range for free testosterone blood values for an adult male is 46-224 pg/ml, so your 62.97 pg/ml is at the low end.

Here is the lab range from Quest, which is the lab I use.

Your lab has a lower reference range.

Your total test does seem high, but it may be that you are lean (you estimate 10-14%, which if accurate is leaner than most) and healthy and 150mg a week is not so little as most people assume (the normal male body produces 6 or 7 mg a day, and, of course, no ester attached).

Are you sure your 50mg dose is being measured accurately? That is a pretty small amount when trying to measure tick marks on a syringe, especially if you are using a 3cc syringe.

But this is why they use blood tests to determine the dose and not just shoot everybody up with the same dosage.

Your total test does seem high, but it may be that you are lean (you estimate 10-14%, which if accurate is leaner than most) and healthy and 150mg a week is not so little as most people assume (the normal male body produces 6 or 7 mg a day, and, of course, no ester attached).

Are you sure your 50mg dose is being measured accurately? That is a pretty small amount when trying to measure tick marks on a syringe, especially if you are using a 3cc syringe.
Thanks for your input mate! I do use 0.5ml insulin pins, so my dosage is very accurate at 150mg Test E per week. And my Free T being 0.27% of my Total T does not make any sense, hence my question if they just fucked up the measurement unit. Usually Free T should be around 2% of Total T.

Guess I gotta lower my dose anyways. Also considering switching to Test P as a shorter ester and inject EOD.

you are overthinking this. What's important is the reference range given by the lab for the respective test result. Comparing it to another lab which uses different method is worthless. Your free test is high over reference range but not extraordinarily high.

All good. If you look for trt levels, just drop it some. Many guys barely need 50-100mg test e per week for high-normal test results. In fact I am using testosterone undecanoate at 100mg / week and it puts my total t at 6,7 ng/ml. factoring in the ester weight, this would be equivalent to around 85mg test enanthate.

seen this happen in a natural guy max range total.test 1200 but free test was on the minimum ...don't know his shbg.

but he had very little body hair and could barely grow facial hair so something was fucked up...he could build muscle ok however ..goes to show that muscle build is dependent on a very complex mechanism with all sorts backup systems

for you, I would do the free test again maybe with a different lab but if you had really high free test as well you would see the significant changes in your body when you started trt...

I think it's wrong to compare referance ranges from different labs. From the moment your lab place the free test 2,5 times out of the reference range, that's it. Perhaps they use a different calculation method.

Your numbers look insane, if i was you though for my own sanity i would test again in a different lab, just to make sure.

Why does everybody think it is wrong to compare different reference ranges from different labs?

The labs do not choose the reference ranges. Scientists and doctors do.

These come from studies of the range of humans, that is, what is normal. Some are high, some are low, most are in the middle somewhere, but here is the range of deviation from low to high. That is the reference range. It is not made up by a lab.

In fact, the standard reference range changed in 2017.

Why?

Because some lab changed it?

No, it was due to a new study.

9000 patients, inc. 1185 males under 40 with BMI less than 30.

264-916 ng/dL for 19-39 years, less than 30 BMI

Many here cried foul when they did that and said they should keep it at the old reference range, which was higher on both ends, 348-1197. Many argued that testosterone is dropping, that is, our grandfathers had higher testosterone, and the range should not be adjusted downward.

Anyway, that is how reference ranges are made. They are not arbitrary.

This change was not even that long ago. Has everybody forgotten already?

While his lab has a different reference range, it is not that different, and it is not arbitrary but probably based on another set of research. That range would literally be 240-871. Not that different from 264-916, although a little lower yet than the new standard being used by Labcorp since 2017.

It is not meaningless to compare different labs' reference ranges.

Most of us consider 264 or 240 way too low.

What if your doctor gave you a blood tests and said 190 was ok, because this new reference range puts 190 in normal, because the reference range is 180-400, based on new research including only soy boys and those who still live in their mom's basement and play video games and have a BMI over 30?

All of a sudden you would be wanting to compare reference ranges at different labs.

1.These “reference ranges” are actually common ranges.
2. You’re injecting 20+ esters per week, there is no trough.
3. Who gives a shit what the numbers are? The real question is do you feel good or not….?

Why does everybody think it is wrong to compare different reference ranges from different labs?

The labs do not choose the reference ranges. Scientists and doctors do.

These come from studies of the range of humans, that is, what is normal. Some are high, some are low, most are in the middle somewhere, but here is the range of deviation from low to high. That is the reference range. It is not made up by a lab.

In fact, the standard reference range changed in 2017.

Why?

Because some lab changed it?

No, it was due to a new study.

9000 patients, inc. 1185 males under 40 with BMI less than 30.

264-916 ng/dL for 19-39 years, less than 30 BMI

Many here cried foul when they did that and said they should keep it at the old reference range, which was higher on both ends, 348-1197. Many argued that testosterone is dropping, that is, our grandfathers had higher testosterone, and the range should not be adjusted downward.

Anyway, that is how reference ranges are made. They are not arbitrary.

This change was not even that long ago. Has everybody forgotten already?

This is why. These are my levels before i start gear, the reference range for the free test (bottom one) is 50-210 pg/ml and i had 105. So with your claim my free test as a natty was still almost twice than the OP who has 62 and he's already 2,5 times out of HIS reference range. How you explain that? Assuming both tests measure in pg/ml.

Attachments

• ref range.png
    ref range.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 9
100 % different test. I live in Germany and have the same reference range for free testosterone measured via RIA. That's what I meant. OP has a different test which is why the reference ranges are adjusted accordingly.
This is why. These are my levels before i start gear, the reference range for the free test (bottom one) is 50-210 pg/ml and i had 105. So with your claim my free test as a natty was still almost twice than the OP who has 62 and he's already 2,5 times out of HIS reference range. How you explain that? Assuming both tests measure in pg/ml.

Ofc on a standardized tests, you can compare results even though reference ranges are different from different labs... but free testosterone in this case, not.

Labs use different machines and those machines are calibrated in different ways. For one thing that is why the number for many tests are unimportant. as where a person is in the range for that company/machine is what it important. I have had the top of the scale for my T levels to be anywhere from 500-1200 depending on where i get my tests done. And the top and bottom 2.5% is typically thrown out and the 95% in the middle is conceded "normal"

"You can't compare test results from different labs."

I think it's wrong to compare referance ranges from different labs. From the moment your lab place the free test 2,5 times out of the reference range, that's it. Perhaps they use a different calculation method.

Your numbers look insane, if i was you though for my own sanity i would test again in a different lab, just to make sure.
Yeah I agree, I am sky high for my dose. I mean 3x the reference range with 150mg/week, that is completely insane.
I will go and re-check my levels with a different lab and report back.

100 % different test. I live in Germany and have the same reference range for free testosterone measured via RIA. That's what I meant. OP has a different test which is why the reference ranges are adjusted accordingly.
I think IronMetal_2 is right and you just cannot compare the Free Test reading on my lab test. Other than that my only explanation would be that the lab fucked up the unit measurement and it was supposed to be ng/dL instead of pg/mL.

My lab measured 62pg/mL, which would equate to 6.2ng/dL - which would be abysmal even for a natural person with extremely low Testosterone. The only way to explain this in my opinion is that my Free T is 62ng/dL and not 62pg/ml. This would make way more sense and would put me at a Free T/ Total T ratio of 2.7% which would be completely normal and in range.

But the reading of 0.27% is complete BS.